Got HDTV?

Why I must get HDTV??? is the HDTV something important to Gamers??

I am honest with you, MOST Hardcore gamers perfer using CRT MONITOR or STANDARD TV over HDTV OR FLAT SCREEN..

Anyway, I actually am happy with the pure FLAT SCREEN 'STANDARD DEFINITION TELEVISION' 27inch hook up with XBOX AND XBOX 360 for enuff!!! Because I am not watch tv nor movie everyday.. that why I purcahsed the SUPER SDTV instead of HDTV.. ;)

GOOD LUCK with YOUR HDTV :thumb:

actually...in this generation, the REAL hardcore gamers would use a LCD or CRT HDTV as of today that would support up to 720p and 1080p so seriously dude, the TV that you use will no longer be any good with the games that will come to your xbox360 in the near future since in the near future some xbox360 games will support up to 1080p since MS just updated that awhile ago. You HAVE to trust me that HDTV is superb for the Xbox360...I've bought HD VGA cable and I'm very thankful for that, really I am...I would obviously tell the difference of the resloution between my SDTV and my VGA montior. If you have a VGA montior, then I totally recommend you to get a VGA cable for it and test it out, man! you'll love it like hell and you'll say this to yourself like I did before "hot damn! I will NEVER go back to SDTV again!" because on my VGA monitor I can REALLY read the text on Dead Rising that is so clear and crisp than ever...but on my SDTV it's like pure CRAP that I just wanna break my SDTV into pieces lol. So, I know you said you never will but seriously just GIVE IT A TRY. If you dont have a VGA monitor just buy a 15' VGA monitor for like $150 or so at Wal Mart. LCD HDTVs shows the best picture possible than on plasma or CRT HDTVs do...trust me. I've seen and heard of this stuff before.

someday I do plan to buy me a '20 LCD HDTV with components inputs and a VGA input so I dont have to keep changing cables on my monitor. I've tried finding a DVI to VGA adapter or a VGA switcher in stores but they are just too hard to find so I should save up enough money to buy me one of those sweet little futurtisic TVs someday.

Why, you would notice most retail stores are starting to sell more HDTVs than SDTVs because SDTVs are slowly fading away in this generation. believe it or not, by the year 2009, most channels and movies would be switched to HD.
as for HD-DVD vs. blu-ray...dont ask me why but I do think HD-DVD will win the battle.

anyway, I know you are pretty busy and all, but just one day...try to save up enough money to buy yourself a HDTV that is best suitable for you.

...and you'll thank me.

FYI, HD-DVD don't need HDMI input, just can using component video or other input to watch movies.

I'm not sure about BD but PS3 wouldn't included video input for HD.

True. if using any cables for HD-DVD or blu-ray players, component is highly recommended for an HDTV.

I do have HDTV LCD Dell 26 inches and have it for two years. It is 720p and 1080i. No HDMI.

I planned to buy Sony SXRD 60 inches 1080p with Dual HDMI. Let you know it is very expensive right now. Will wait for prices drop down. I played xbox 360 with Dell. It is really good. Make sure you look at your game, 720p or 1080i.

For example, PREY supports 420p/720p/1080i, look at back of game box.

Madden, Dead Rising, Dead or Alive, Prey supports all.

PGR only supports on 720p.

New games will support more on 720p and 1080i. 420p will be gone by end of year, reason that all standard televisions will be end of this year. Mostly will go on 720p to 1080p.

HD-DVD is best bet to buy than Blu-Ray. I have been researching on those. At first, I did want Blu-Ray, and found some negatives.

Mostly find more positive into HD-DVD.

Let you know.

Yeah HD-DVD seems to have better lighting while alot of blu-ray movies appear to be darker and the audio just isnt as good as the HD-DVD audio.

True. if using any cables for HD-DVD or blu-ray players, component is highly recommended for an HDTV.

Actually, HDMI is the best and most recommended cable for HD-DVD/Blu-Ray players.

Actually, HDMI is the best and most recommended cable for HD-DVD/Blu-Ray players.

Yeah I know but I was talking bout some HDTVs that lack HDMI input so if there is one with HDMI input then of course it is highly recommended then.

HDMI is the future connections for electronics because it's digital. Component is analog, but still does it pretty well for general use. I read that be sure to buy a HDTV that has hdmi ports, without one you could have a hdtv become obselete quickly.

actually...in this generation, the REAL hardcore gamers would use a LCD or CRT HDTV as of today that would support up to 720p and 1080p so seriously dude, the TV that you use will no longer be any good with the games that will come to your xbox360 in the near future since in the near future some xbox360 games will support up to 1080p since MS just updated that awhile ago. You HAVE to trust me that HDTV is superb for the Xbox360...I've bought HD VGA cable and I'm very thankful for that, really I am...I would obviously tell the difference of the resloution between my SDTV and my VGA montior. If you have a VGA montior, then I totally recommend you to get a VGA cable for it and test it out, man! you'll love it like hell and you'll say this to yourself like I did before "hot damn! I will NEVER go back to SDTV again!" because on my VGA monitor I can REALLY read the text on Dead Rising that is so clear and crisp than ever...but on my SDTV it's like pure CRAP that I just wanna break my SDTV into pieces lol. So, I know you said you never will but seriously just GIVE IT A TRY. If you dont have a VGA monitor just buy a 15' VGA monitor for like $150 or so at Wal Mart. LCD HDTVs shows the best picture possible than on plasma or CRT HDTVs do...trust me. I've seen and heard of this stuff before.

someday I do plan to buy me a '20 LCD HDTV with components inputs and a VGA input so I dont have to keep changing cables on my monitor. I've tried finding a DVI to VGA adapter or a VGA switcher in stores but they are just too hard to find so I should save up enough money to buy me one of those sweet little futurtisic TVs someday.

Why, you would notice most retail stores are starting to sell more HDTVs than SDTVs because SDTVs are slowly fading away in this generation. believe it or not, by the year 2009, most channels and movies would be switched to HD.
as for HD-DVD vs. blu-ray...dont ask me why but I do think HD-DVD will win the battle.

anyway, I know you are pretty busy and all, but just one day...try to save up enough money to buy yourself a HDTV that is best suitable for you.

...and you'll thank me.
Yeah.. that what I planning to buy LCD HDTV30'INCH OR CRT HDTV 26'INCH. But I need to selling my SDTV first then get LCD OR CRT HDTV.. I dont want to collect doze of tvs in my apt.. ha!

Back