Got any good advice for improving chest?

afterMath

Reaction score
Hello, Y'all

I'm first poster and what's up y'all =)

I'm bench presser notive and I believe I can able to bench 150 lbs. but didn't attempt to do it but need to prepare it. I dont know If i should start from heavy to light or light to heavy to order to increase my repetition and my upper strengths. Got any good advice to increase it beside the bench before i prepare 150 lbs. workload.

You can always start with push-ups. That's the same thing.

afterMath said:
Hello, Y'all

I'm first poster and what's up y'all =)

I'm bench presser notive and I believe I can able to bench 150 lbs. but didn't attempt to do it but need to prepare it. I dont know If i should start from heavy to light or light to heavy to order to increase my repetition and my upper strengths. Got any good advice to increase it beside the bench before i prepare 150 lbs. workload.

I used to be a mini-bodybuilder back then. What I would do to prepare myself to be able to do extreme weights are to do two things. One, I stick to a routine where I gradually build the number of weights from what you normally lift and go toward to heavier ones (not too fast or else you'll strain your muscles and injure them) Two, determine how many times a week ( I do two or three) do 2 sets of 6 reps of near heavy ones. It's combination of both. Allow time to let the group of muslces rest. Eat a lot of protein. It did the trick for me back then. Good luck to you.

Do some readings, nowadays they may have better techniques.

Yea, if you want to build mass on your chest, basically do what Omnis suggested. And make sure every rep is a "full" rep and done in good form, that way it gives your pecs a good stretch and contraction which are big factors in the size and seperation of your chest. Incline dumbell flys also helps.

Oh, I almost forgot -- and don't forget to warm-up before any workout! ;)

Back