Google + E-mail = Gmail

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Unlike Yahoo and MSN which offers less than 20 megs of space for their free e-mail services, Google's Gmail is offering 1,000 megabytes of free storage!

It's almost impossible to believe this, but Google is for real. With Gmail, you no longer have to delete e-mails in order to free up space for other incoming emails. But, wait, there's more to Google than just bulk space. Gmail automatically organizes your e-mails so you can search for them by sender, subject and text, just like you search the web for specific info.

If I didn't have a dedicated server, I'd sign up with Gmail in a flash! Google has proven to still be the King of Search Engines. :thumb:

Link: http://gmail.google.com/

Yeah, I saw that on BigBlueBall yesterday evening. I look forward to the day they release to the general public! :D

Hmm... looks nice. Perhaps, I'd check it out. It's getting a bit annoying having limited space in my Yahoo account! Ugh!

yup.. I deffy will close all my yahoo and hotmail accounts to keep gMail!

I've given them my email address so they can notify me when it's up and running...then I'll be signing up with them before you can say, 'Bob's your uncle' :D

yeah funny thing i learned about it yesterday
and i just submitted my email address
and see how things are

Ohhh, plenty of space to keep anything!!! Done signed up for get one.

Wow! I already signed up and awaiting for public released to sign into new account..

So is it real or not? I didn't think it would be, 1,000 megs? Wow, must have extensive server space.

illustrator said:
try this one.... I have unlimited account. :mrgreen:
No cost. :whistle:

Your account doesn't have a search email feature, does it?

And gmail is no cost, either! ;)

Think twice before Gmail

Gmail Alert:

Google strategy behind free e-mail is to scan the text of all incoming messages for the purposes of ad placement. Noting that the scanning of confidential email for inserting third party ad content violates the implicit trust of an email service provider.

Remember free e-mail with lots of space does not mean there will be some privacy expense.

How do you feel about having your e-mails scanned for the purpose of targeting ads at you? What else will they do with the information they gather from your e-mails?

Read more here:
http://www.privacyrights.org/ar/GmailLetter.htm

Last edited:
Back