Google Chrome Browser?

Thanks for all your answers. I think I will wait a few more months before I try Chrome just to make sure it is all spit spot. They have a new beta version going in addition to the regular version so they're already making changes.

I just thought I'd ask as sometimes I get fed up with IE7, and I definitely don't want Mozilla and I only just noticed the "ad" for Chrome whenever I went to the Google home page. I use a lot of Google stuff, it is my main search engine, then there's Gmail, iGoogle, Google News Alerts, and Google Reader, so thought it might work better than IE7.

And no, I am NOT going to IE8! I hear it is now out.

Dude, you need to try out chrome. Is there even an add blocking program in IE?
AdSweep - An ad blocker for your favorite web browser (like Adblock) that is what I use with my chrome and it is awesome. Fast as light.

The only con I have found is when using facebook, the chat sometimes freezes. But that isn't too big a deal. It's good if you run a lot of programs too because it doesn't take up as much system memory. Def. try it out.

Dude, you need to try out chrome. Is there even an add blocking program in IE?
AdSweep - An ad blocker for your favorite web browser (like Adblock) that is what I use with my chrome and it is awesome. Fast as light.

The only con I have found is when using facebook, the chat sometimes freezes. But that isn't too big a deal. It's good if you run a lot of programs too because it doesn't take up as much system memory. Def. try it out.

You might even want to try out the Safari beta 4....it has a very nice and cool looking setup.

If I want a fast browser, Chrome Beta takes the cake. If I want a flashy browser that is also as fast as Chrome, Safari is the next one. Firefox seems to have some issues right now and Explorer 8 sucks......

You might even want to try out the Safari beta 4....it has a very nice and cool looking setup.

If I want a fast browser, Chrome Beta takes the cake. If I want a flashy browser that is also as fast as Chrome, Safari is the next one. Firefox seems to have some issues right now and Explorer 8 sucks......

Agreed, My default browser is now Google Chrome, fastest start up and ready for browsing in seconds. Firefox might have be the best and leading browser in the market today but it still have some issues.

Agreed, My default browser is now Google Chrome, fastest start up and ready for browsing in seconds. Firefox might have be the best and leading browser in the market today but it still have some issues.

There's also a different type of Chrome browser , called Iron. It's open sourced from Chromium, which is the same as Google Chrome, minus Google's "big brother" approach in spying on your surfing habits. That's what I'm using now and it's also very fast!! Here's the link:

SRWare Iron - The Browser of the Future

This supposedly helps you in becoming a bit more private in your surfing habits....but nothing as safe as a computer not connected to the Internet!! :laugh2::laugh2:

I've tried the Google Chrome. It seems to be OK to me but it felt like it was a bit naked. It is simple to use but it loads a bit slow for me. Firefox seems to do better on for me than Google Chrome does.

facebook is having issues with google chrome, it tends to crash down sometimes...

That depends on the computer hardware... my new PC loads my Google Chrome in a blink of an eye.

My chrome is defaulted to primary now. IE7 sucks but I am sure that Chrome will improve more overtime. The newest FF doesn't work well with Vista.

FireFox 3.5 (newest) works great with the Vista so far. Though it had few problems in rare occasions with the previous version.

IE 8 (newest) uploads very slow... no difference from its IE 7 version though like its features better. Boy, it has long ways to go and catch up with FF and others. lol

I haven't tried the Chrome yet... yup, I believe Chrome will improve in time, too... they have money for it.

That depends on the computer hardware... my new PC loads my Google Chrome in a blink of an eye.

My chrome is defaulted to primary now. IE7 sucks but I am sure that Chrome will improve more overtime. The newest FF doesn't work well with Vista.

Which 32bit or 64bit you use for Vista?

My recommend for Firefox is for security. The best for facebook, myspace, Alldeaf on firefox instead google chrome. The google chrome is for email, google search, iGoogle, maps, blog, and wikipedia. My husband taught me. He is the GEEK! We both are geek couple! LoL

Chrome is good for quick browsing of the sites I frequent (shortcut tabs ftw) plus I can type anything on top and be on my way instead of going to google.com

I used to go with firefox for a while til chrome made the internet more efficient.

My recommend for Firefox is for security. The best for facebook, myspace, Alldeaf on firefox instead google chrome. The google chrome is for email, google search, iGoogle, maps, blog, and wikipedia. My husband taught me. He is the GEEK! We both are geek couple! LoL

I would recommended you to use IE8, at least for you only.

j/k

I'll wait until Google Chrome Browser is release for Mac, then will try it out. For now Firefox and Safari is good enough. :)

dont like google chrome only cuz it has no smooth scrolling feature, when it's added i might switch to google chrome.

Google should have released the Mac version of that browser....look at Apple did release Windows version of Safari. Tsk tsk Google.

Lately, firefox freezes on me for a few seconds and then starts working again. That is really annoying, so I've started using chrome, which seems to run faster on my laptop.

Back