good webcam software

terpprm

Reaction score
i got a new computer and finally got internet and i was wondering if anyone knew of any good programs to use as a VP? i have tried sorensons Envision software, netmeeting, sightspeed, and windows live call. i didn't really care for any of them. any clues?

that is much appreciated Jclarke!!! i just downloaded it and will try to use it shortly. anyone want to be my first person i talk to over the web?

i just tried to use it. it wants me to to connect to a VRS. do i have to?

No - If you know a friend who has a VP - You can call them by IP address only. I have VV but right now, I am at work. If someone has VV (Viable Vision) on their end, it can be called by its username registered.

Just dial the IP address on the empty box and call away - The VRS button is only necessary if you need to use the VRS

oh. okay. i don't know many deaf, so i'll have to wait to actually be able to use it then. they should know their IP address right?

oh. okay. i don't know many deaf, so i'll have to wait to actually be able to use it then. they should know their IP address right?

Yes, they know their own IP address - it is shown in their settings on their VP's - if you know someone and has a VP, just ask them for their IP. YOU can not give them yours, cause they can not call directly to your VV - It is limited, I know. Better than nothing.

This inquiry has been taken care of. I think it is time for this thread to be locked :locked: but until the creater of this thread has approved for this thread to be closed.

Moderators will lock it for you.

MODs, can you lock this thread.

Back