Good or Bad Idea?

NismoS14

Reaction score
This is crazy..I found the old WW2 Germany solider hat with real last name marked on it in my attic. I wouldn't tell the last name on it yet but the hat was made by BAMBERGER MUTZEN-INDUSTRIE with seriel number on it. I remember that the hat was a gift to me from my grandfather's friend who fought in Germany. So I looked up the last name on facebook people search. Only one is in America attenting school right now. I noticed that He was borned in Berlin, Germany...I messaged and asked the dude about if anyone in his families fought for Germany during WW2 and got killed..He said yes..I didn't answer back to him yet..Should I take pictures of the hat with last name and e-mail it to him? Or is that a bad idea? :hmm:

Yeah, tell them about your discovery. They'll give you stories to last lifetime. Go for it!!!

I think it might be interesting to him and you may make a new friend. Nothing wrong with your idea.

This is crazy..I found the old WW2 Germany solider hat with real last name marked on it in my attic. I wouldn't tell the last name on it yet but the hat was made by BAMBERGER MUTZEN-INDUSTRIE with seriel number on it. I remember that the hat was a gift to me from my grandfather's friend who fought in Germany. So I looked up the last name on facebook people search. Only one is in America attenting school right now. I noticed that He was borned in Berlin, Germany...I messaged and asked the dude about if anyone in his families fought for Germany during WW2 and got killed..He said yes..I didn't answer back to him yet..Should I take pictures of the hat with last name and e-mail it to him? Or is that a bad idea? :hmm:

How could making a new friend be a bad idea? I'd reach out, it'd be interesting to hear about him and his family.

Laura

Worth a try. Surnames would be common in germany though. Mine is someone selling farm machinery ! But not related at all. Try looking up the serial. Number of the helmet. Germans are good about record keeping.

Back