Good or bad girlfriend

Driving Miss Daisy

Reaction score
The girlfriend decided to go to a lounge with her straight new male friend meeting up with the rest of their friends. The boyfriend was paging her to see how she was doing and how was the day. The girlfriend checked the messages and decided to reply later tonight when she gets home or tomorrow when she wake up from hangover.

The boyfriend was wondering if she was ok. She usually writes back but not that night. Time passing by, the bf and gf were talking again on the next day and go on with their lives. Few days later, the boyfriend found out by mutual friends that the girlfriend was at the lounge while he was sitting and waiting for her girlfriend to reply, hoping that he will see her on that night.

Why not bring her bf instead? Hmmm :hmm:

Is she a good or bad girlfriend?

Depends on how close they were I guess.

Does seem like a common courtesy issue though.....

I don't see a problem with her not bringing her bf, but she should respond to her messages because it's polite and most likely what she would want.

maybe it's because she wanted to talk to her friend about her bf :dunno:

My guess is that she just didn't want to be bothered to call/text him back at that time....she was having too much fun w/her friends.....but, even tho' he doesn't "own" her, still the courtesy to call him back since he's her bf....should apply (I feel).
That's the problem when getting too attached to someone, wanting to know their every where abouts....she's "not a child" or has to answer to her parents...but still, if she really cared about the bf and didn't want to "make waves in their relationship" she would have called back.

Oh yeah.....going out alone is no biggie........I was saying a call would be common courtesy

Slap myself for not being clear :slap:

Turnabout is fair play.

If it is a serious relationship....

Girlfriend should put herself in his shoes and see how she would feel if he doesn't answer her messages, and how she would feel if she were to find out, through mutual friends, where her BF was that night.

She doesn't have to bring her boyfriend. It is a common sense to communicate where one is going and as others have said, a common courtesy to respond to his message/txt.

My husband doesn't like it when I ignore his text. He is fine with it sometimes, although when he trying to run an errands, he gets irritated at me for not responding because he want stuffs done (he is asking me if he need to pick anything up on his way home and such). And sometimes he just wanted to say hi because he is bored somewhere.

but yeah, she should reply as he was wanting to know if they are going anywhere that night or should he go ahead and make other plans.

if it is something out of habit, I would wonder if that person is ok too. Like if I'm used to seeing someone open their window everyday and one day she doesn't, I would wonder if she is ok.

If one is out with company, isnt it rude to be on the pager texting?

I think she just had too much to drink at the lounge as she mentioned that she had a hangover when she wakes up at home. I don't know if she was interest in the new male friend. It sound like she want to have a good times with her friends and she got drunk. She was really not ready to talk with her boyfriend about it. Anyway, they are not married, unless it was or is a very serious relationship that they might plan on getting married. As for me, I don't like being tap everytime he want to know what I am doing, if I have a cellphone (I never own one) whether single or married. :roll:

My guess is that she just didn't want to be bothered to call/text him back at that time....she was having too much fun w/her friends.....but, even tho' he doesn't "own" her, still the courtesy to call him back since he's her bf....should apply (I feel).
That's the problem when getting too attached to someone, wanting to know their every where abouts....she's "not a child" or has to answer to her parents...but still, if she really cared about the bf and didn't want to "make waves in their relationship" she would have called back.

:gpost: :gpost:

I dont like possessiveness in relationships. *gag*

I dont like possessiveness in relationships. *gag*

When you feel that way, that's when you break it off.

no one should feel like they are at a point that they feel they are being prossessive because they are confused (kinda like if you suspect cheating for a good reason, but the SO made you feel insecure, possessive, etc. just for asking questions so you don't dare ask anything) or the other person is possessive of them. If anyone feel like they are at that point, they should reconsider their relationship. If they feel they are just talking, then they are ok.

The girl was drunk though. although, I do think it would be interesting story to tell my boyfriend.. If I'm scare to tell him and be open about it, then there is something wrong with the relationship. And if he feels I don't tell him anything, then there's something wrong with the relationship too.

If one is out with company, isnt it rude to be on the pager texting?

I agree with you in that one respect, however, if someone went to the bar to get a drink or to the restroom to use the restroom or even to freshen up, that would be a good time to reply. When you are away from your group.

But seeing the first post, it seems that the woman did not tell him where she was at the night before or why she did not answer. He found out through mutual friends. It seems a little unfair.

Mod's note:

Thread is moved to proper location.

Back