Good news

zookeeper4321

Reaction score
Little G is finally starting to sign! He turns 3 next month and it has been so frustrating. He is mostly motivated to sign for food which is funny because he's a very picky eater. Anyway wanted to share my joy.

Little G is finally starting to sign! He turns 3 next month and it has been so frustrating. He is mostly motivated to sign for food which is funny because he's a very picky eater. Anyway wanted to share my joy.

Awesome! I am sharing your excitement!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALLRIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Have you guys hooked up with a NAD mentor, so that little G and your family can learn Sign from a native Signer? I think that would definitly increase his expressive vocab, faster then learning it from someone who only knows a handful of signs. Oh......and please don't worry if he seems delayed in language. A lot of dhh kids have apraxia....and the language delay might not be autisim per se......little G might just be learning disabled.......or he might have a more complicated genetic syndrome.....have you had him tested? I know that a lot of docs feel that anyone who isn't severely affected, cannot have a genetic syndrome......but the thinking is slowly changing. Like growing up, they said that I couldn't possibly have the genetic syndrome that I have, b/c I'm very mildly effected.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALLRIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Have you guys hooked up with a NAD mentor, so that little G and your family can learn Sign from a native Signer? I think that would definitly increase his expressive vocab, faster then learning it from someone who only knows a handful of signs. Oh......and please don't worry if he seems delayed in language. A lot of dhh kids have apraxia....and the language delay might not be autisim per se......little G might just be learning disabled.......or he might have a more complicated genetic syndrome.....have you had him tested? I know that a lot of docs feel that anyone who isn't severely affected, cannot have a genetic syndrome......but the thinking is slowly changing. Like growing up, they said that I couldn't possibly have the genetic syndrome that I have, b/c I'm very mildly effected.

Yeah he goes in for comprehensive testing next month. I'm still trying to find a class at IU I can audit for ASL. It's hard now because it's a lang. credit now and all the classes are full.

Awesome, Zoo! That is really great!!! There's nothing better than having a mother's joy to see your child starting to be able to communicate. ;)

NAD Mentor

Hi,
Thankyou for mentioning NAD mentor. Could you please tell me how it works? Who do I contact?

thankyou very much

gracy

Back