Good CC DVD playback software for laptop

casualbrain

Reaction score
Hi -
I'm new and looking for DVD software that works on a laptop.
My DVD-R records CC info quite well from my fave TV shows, but I can't get CC support with Windows Media Player for some reason. Works great on my DVD player at home though.

Any favorite DVD playback software out there?

Thanks!

Thanks - I currently have WinDVD and don't like how the subtitles appear. I'll give PowerDVD a shot.
Actually I was hoping there was a *free* solution out there as I'm a poor college kid :)

Luckily right now DVD recorder does a good job getting the captioning info from analog TV, but I have no idea how I'm going to get CC with the change to digital.... I'm a bit bummed actually. I hope our local cable company can continue to send through the CC signal because I understand there is no easy captioning on digital broadcasts.

I also wish there was captioning on the networks websites for shows that I didn't record - those streaming TV shows. Would be really cool if someone could caption YouTube videos too, but I know that will never happen...

Thanks again snallga!

Thanks - I currently have WinDVD and don't like how the subtitles appear. I'll give PowerDVD a shot.
Actually I was hoping there was a *free* solution out there as I'm a poor college kid :)

Luckily right now DVD recorder does a good job getting the captioning info from analog TV, but I have no idea how I'm going to get CC with the change to digital.... I'm a bit bummed actually. I hope our local cable company can continue to send through the CC signal because I understand there is no easy captioning on digital broadcasts.

I also wish there was captioning on the networks websites for shows that I didn't record - those streaming TV shows. Would be really cool if someone could caption YouTube videos too, but I know that will never happen...

Thanks again snallga!

There's hulu.com - most of them included CC.

Thanks again snallga!

Digital - Cable or Sat provider will give you a STB with Closed Capition already built in so when you record it will always show CC on any DVD software or mpeg player. (Recording becomes Open Caption on DVD or mpeg file)

Back