Good alarm for deaf student

With or without anything can make any noises. That is because something inside the vibrator that cause it to vibrate makes noises just like rattle.

That is what I meant, these noises are the ones that caused them.

If the dog wakes you up - then train the dog to do that job! It is not hard to train a dog for sounds alerts. Morning alarm = FOOOOOOODDDDD! or try sleeping with the cat, then the dog WILL wake you up.

Last edited:
Curious, do anyone of you jump everytime the alarm vibrates? I do all the time. I freak out and so does my cat. It's kind of funny too.

My roomie's cat likes to lay on top of it and look at everything. I think he enjoys the sensation of the world shaking. It's very odd!

My son prefers the travel alarm cloxk that vibrates. I prefer it too because it doesn't wake ME up!

That sonic boom must be for people who live by themselves!
There is no way I could live with that.

My son prefers the travel alarm cloxk that vibrates. I prefer it too because it doesn't wake ME up!

That sonic boom must be for people who live by themselves!
There is no way I could live with that.

Are you talking about the vibrate part of the noise the alarms makes if turned on?

I'm deep sleeper... I have sonic alarm which is powerful and its not helping me to get up. :( I have to set it up an hour early to shake my bed up until I finally feel it. I know its weird but true. I only wake up when people or dog shake me.
Try this one - ButtKicker®
(thebuttkicker.com shaker device - one of the world's most powerful for consumers)

1000-watt bass shaker designed for home theater and amusement park rides, but it works great as a super-powerful bed shaker. Mount it to the bed board, hook your CD player bed alarm to the buttkicker2 amplifier, and let it rip.

Massive overkill, but if you have a few hundred to spend -- this is the one to get. Over 100 times more powerful shake than whatever you're using. This is amusement park quality stuff. It works best with a CD player alarm, find a disc that has a lot of bass on it like random drums, marching, etc. With the ButtKicker shaker, it'll feel like an army is marching on your mattress , stepping over you....

P.S. Get a second one for your home theater. It's great for my DVD's, BluRay's, HDDVD's, Wii, Xbox360 -- A buttkicker2 is the perfect sound system for the deaf.

Back