gonna be offline for a while

ash345

Audist Free Zone
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I am most likely going to be off AD until Wed starting mid day today. I am going out of state with my SO, and her family isn't super supportive of the fact that I am Deaf... neither is she all the time for that matter of fact... so I will be off AD until Wed. some of you have my g+, gchat or facebook, some of you even have my cell... so don't worry... I'm not dead, just off the grid.

Good luck. I hope they learn to support you and accept you for who you are, not the fact you can't hear them.

So I am most likely going to be off AD until Wed starting mid day today. I am going out of state with my SO, and her family isn't super supportive of the fact that I am Deaf... neither is she all the time for that matter of fact... so I will be off AD until Wed. some of you have my g+, gchat or facebook, some of you even have my cell... so don't worry... I'm not dead, just off the grid.

oh ok

I don't have long to be on... but I really really want to go home. I have NEVER felt this bad about being Deaf before, NEVER. I have never let someone make me feel like I wasn't worth anything before... but here... that's what they are doing to me... they are telling me by their actions and their words, everything that I am so much less than human... and that I do not deserve to be in their home... I want to go home... I wish that I could spend time in someone elses home tonight... where I am not shown that being Deaf is the end of the world... I want to go home... I want to be out of the hell hole mesa

:( That's really not right.

Do you think it would be a good idea to check into a local motel?

If you are that unhappy, rent a car and go home. Put your mental health first.

:( That's really not right.

Do you think it would be a good idea to check into a local motel?

If i could I would... but as of right now i am totally dependent on on them for transportation... and I have checked with friends, and none of them can get to me and take me to the airport tomorrow... Gah... I hate this...

the one thing I will say though... since I posted that... my SO talked to her mom, and her mom actually made one attempt at communicating with me... but yelling at me because I made a phone call on relay not ok...

I'm sorry you are having a bad time. I only know how things are from your posts, but it does seem like a good sign that your SO stood up for you with her mother.

I know when I get upset that sometimes I don't see all of my options. So just in case this is also true for you -- have you considered a taxi or car rental?

If that's not an option -- here's some ideas for your last day. Perhaps taking a long walk or spending most of the day reading would be an option. Does your SO have friends in the area? Maybe you can both spend most of the day with them.

Your SO seems to be standing up for you, but he will have to continue the battle because it's not going to end anytime soon. His parents need to be educated and learn how to respect you as a human being, not a defective product.

People often don't realize how hurtful their actions can be until they go through with it.

Back