Going to watch Fahrenheit 9/11 in theater or wait DVD?

Fahrenheit 9/11

• Theater

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DVD

Votes: 17 100.0%

• Total voters
VamPyroX said:
Hey, let's not forget that Bush tried to use videos and pictures of 9/11 for his advertising campaign. It pissed off a lot of people. :angry:
Now that you reminded me that...I do understand there's a reason to produce a movie to bash Bush. :D

Steel said:
Now that you reminded me that...I do understand there's a reason to produce a movie to bash Bush. :D
BINGO! :thumb:

Michael Moore is known to create movies to bash certain things. Some are good and some are bad.

Hermit of ozark said:
according to unofficial poll, kerry and bush are almost tied.
I've seen some polls on TV where Kerry is gaining and Bush is getting his poor old fart ass behind lol

I seriously don't want Bush to be our president for the next 4 years. :mad2:
seriously...I dont.

Banjo said:
851 Americans killed since March 20, 2003.
What a waste of lives, and I consider a single life to be more precious than any amount of money and time.
What does that have to do with Moore's movie? He himself has admitted in interview that it is not a documentary.

The original source I heard was on the car radio while I was driving, so I need to search for that after work tonight.
In the meantime, here's a quick one:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/6/27/191309.shtml
"In describing his work, Moore sometimes calls the film a documentary. Other times he refers to it as an op-ed. He says it's 'just a movie' but then admits he hopes that it will turn the election."

Last edited:
Reba said:
What does that have to do with Moore's movie? He himself has admitted in interview that it is not a factual documentary.

Of course, it isn't an entirely factual documentary. There are a lot of observations, opinions, and more in this film. By the way, please cite the source of the interview, there should be a transcript of it somewhere.

I want to read it for myself.

Steel said:
heh no wonder Bush is going to lose
If voters base their decisions on movie propaganda, God help us.

OMG...people...u don't actually want Lurch Adams (Kerry) to be president do u? We will be SCREWED if he gets president and pulls the troops out of Iraq, allowing those terrorist rats to be free to attack us. Wise thing to do is keep Bush.

Here's an article that exposes the stupid blubbering idiot that Micheal Moore is...
http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723

I'd wait til it's released on DVD -- not worth wasting my money and time to sit in a theatre and watching it. I'd prefer wait until it's released onto DVD and pay only $4.50 for hiring it. ;) Better than $11 to $13 for theatres!

Reba said:

During the WWII, the U.S. Government got Walt Disney to make a lot of wartime propaganda cartoons for them. The word, propaganda is not always a bad thing.

In fact, I believe it is held in low-esteem and belittled. Due to the abuse of propaganda.

The Roman Catholics used a lot of propaganda in the past, and still use them. Propaganda can be a very good thing sometimes, but it is far too abused by many nut-cases.

#exceed in Efnet

The flick is available for download at Efnet #exceed.
It aint captioned.

Steel said:
I've seen some polls on TV where Kerry is gaining and Bush is getting his poor old fart ass behind lol

I seriously don't want Bush to be our president for the next 4 years. :mad2:
seriously...I dont.

hmmm, where did you see that poll? I dont recall seeing any poll that kerry was ahead bush.

Maybe recently since they hit top box office hit, topping over other two popular theatre movie "White Chicks", and "Dodgeball". I think its the only documentary that ever made high box office hits. :eek:

VamPyroX said:
Hey, let's not forget that Bush tried to use videos and pictures of 9/11 for his advertising campaign. It pissed off a lot of people. :angry:

Yeah and "If voters base their decisions on propaganda, God help us" :naughty: heh

I hear Michael Moore's had a lot of trouble getting his show into the theatres, actually. Democracy, huh !!

Banjo said:
Of course, it isn't an entirely factual documentary. There are a lot of observations, opinions, and more in this film. By the way, please cite the source of the interview, there should be a transcript of it somewhere.

I want to read it for myself.

I couldn't get the transcripts from the radio program because I am not a paid "member", grrrr. However, I did find similar references in other sources:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102725/
On This Week, Moore described Fahrenheit 9/11 as "an op-ed piece. It's my opinion about the last four years of the Bush administration. And that's what I call it. I'm not trying to pretend that this is some sort of, you know, fair and balanced work of journalism. …" Later in the interview, he called the movie "a comedy, too."

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/ThisWeek/Entertainment/michael_moore040620-5.html
STEPHANOPOULOS: You say this is an op-ed … and that this is not just straight journalism. What responsibility do you feel you have in this post-9/11 environment—
MOORE: Did I mention it's a comedy too?

Reba, no worries about the paid subscription thing. I know it's a pain in the butt sometimes.

Anyway, Michael Moore is sure a strange fella. He keep saying these, and then suddenly, he say something completely different.

???

Some people are just a bunch of strange eggs.

Reba said:
I will not watch that movie at the theater or on DVD. It is a waste of money and time.

I agree with you, Reba. I will not be seeing the movie, either.

Reba said:

Unfortunately, that is what happens when people don't care enough about what is happening around them. They will believe whatever hogwash they are "fed". Whatever ...

I'm not for Bush or against Bush, but I sincerely hope that WHOEVER is elected to office in November respects the position they were appointed to represent.

Back