Going To Italy!!

evil_queen_lisa

Reaction score
Just a line (sorry to make everyone jealous),
I applied for and got accepted to go on a 3 week study tour in Italy for university credit!! Best part? I get to bring 2 of my terps!! Whoot! Can't wait for may!
*EQL*

Great luck. Curious as to who will pay for the interpreters?

Great luck. Curious as to who will pay for the interpreters?

Usually the college pay for those wonderful two interpreters or someone who is behind the college fund like Deaf services to attend the trip to help out to the student for her university credit. Without the terps, the student will be lost not understanding the courses that she is suppose to study on. So that is good to know that she get the help she need. Hurrah!!!! Congratulation on going to Italy to study. :applause:

I am jealous, even I am an old woman. :lol: Have a good time there. :wave:

Usually the college pay for those wonderful two interpreters or someone who is behind the college fund like Deaf services to attend the trip to help out to the student for her university credit. Without the terps, the student will be lost not understanding the courses that she is suppose to study on. So that is good to know that she get the help she need. Hurrah!!!! Congratulation on going to Italy to study. :applause:

I am jealous, even I am an old woman. :lol: Have a good time there. :wave:

That's true. My college group had two or three interpreters for the trip to Russia for two weeks. We were lucky to have them to be with us. Actually, one of the interpreters made a big mistake to drink water from the tap there that made her sick for five days.

thanks all.
Yes the university is paying for them. Legally they have to accommodate me. :D
I can't wait... 3 weeks of sun and Ancient/Classical Roman art and architecture! Hooray!
But yes, like Beb stated earlier, without interpreters there is no way i could understand the student presentations or the English-speaking Italian guides.. It would be too difficult to get the students to go at a pace I could follow, and with their Italian accents I'd be hopeless.
*EQL*

This is exciting! What part of Italy? Rome, Florence...?? I love Italy. My grandparents were from the Lucca area (in Tuscany, about an hour and a half from Florence).

If you like jewelry, and will include Florence on the itinerary, bring money for shopping on the bridge over the River Arno. A-MAZ-ing number of jewelry shops. It has been the street of jewelers since the Middle Ages.

man I wish i had been one of your two terps.. no fair i wanna go to italy!!

HAVE LOTS OF FUN!! and ENJOY!:)

Thanks I will. I am thinking of staying for a week after. Does anyone know if there are grants or anything available (in canada obviously) to help deaf people who want to bring an interpreter on vacation? One of my terps is thinking of staying the extra week with me and I'd love to be able to give her something, but being a student I'm pretty broke myself....
*EQL*

Awesome! I am sure you will have a wonderful time there! Hope you come back and post some pics, if you dont mind? :)

Back