Going to Gallaudet!

i knwo the bald thing still happens to freshman. I got a friend who shaved her head bald as a cue ball lol

edit**
coffin door

Ariakkas said:
i knwo the bald thing still happens to freshman. I got a friend who shaved her head bald as a cue ball lol

edit**
coffin door

Definitely still happens, though I can't tell you how many times the tour guide at open house expressed very clearly that the university does not in any way support that ritual, as they consider it hazing.

I personally will not be involved, despite my friends' wishes. They want me to be the first HUG student to participate, but I like my hair. :)

Ayala, is it okay if I'm totally jealous? I've been wanting to go to Gallaudet since before I was 10 years old! If I hadn't dropped out of college I probably would have gotten my graduate degree there by now.

Oh well, if my inheritance money comes through, I will probably switch to GIS and finish my degree there. :)

And once again: congratulations!
I'm still jealous!

Etoile said:
Ayala, is it okay if I'm totally jealous? I've been wanting to go to Gallaudet since before I was 10 years old! If I hadn't dropped out of college I probably would have gotten my graduate degree there by now.

Oh well, if my inheritance money comes through, I will probably switch to GIS and finish my degree there. :)

And once again: congratulations!
I'm still jealous!

Completely okay that you're jealous. Look on the bright side though: You're going to have a reason to spend time on campus! I'm looking forward to hanging out with you!

ayala920 said:
I personally will not be involved, despite my friends' wishes. They want me to be the first HUG student to participate, but I like my hair. :)
Allow me to entice you with a lil preview;
baldday.jpg

The guy being sheared off looks like a handsome and dashing fellow, if I may say so! :whistle:

ayala920 said:
Yes, I realize I'm bragging, and no, I don't care. I deserve to be happy, damnit!

I received an acceptance letter Friday from Gallaudet, stating I've been admitted to their Hearing Undergraduate (HUG) program. Only 2% of each incoming class is hearing, so it's a pretty big deal. I've wanted to go to Gallaudet since before the concept of a HUG program was being discussed, and I'm thrilled that I'm now being given the opportunity!

Okay, done bragging now. :)
hey!! congrats!!! im sure u are so thrilled to share the great news with the whole world which i can see that! hehe.. again.. congrats! :thumb:

In response to the picture Eyeth posted...

Ooo dark hair! He doesn't look a day older than 17. Is he crying?

me_punctured said:
Ooo dark hair! He doesn't look a day older than 17. Is he crying?
Nice to know you have an affinity for dark hair. And, thank you for underestimating the age a wee bit! However, looking at the picture kinda wants me to well up my eyes a lil bit! :lol:

Back