Going to Gallaudet Open House on the 13th C:

TrippyMoods22

Reaction score
And i need a few more people to sign with; i don't want to go to a land and not know the language! Who knows ASL and is willing to practice with me/teach me?:cool2:

Youll do fine, trippymoods.......
Wicked....gally is awsome... awsome....

Oh thats normal to feel nervous and not knowing ASL. I went to gally almost 20 yrs ago. I heard that there are MORE oral with less ASL so i assume you ll hit it off with some of those awesome deaf/hoh people there. My hub learned ASL at gallaudet. :)

Oh thats normal to feel nervous and not knowing ASL. I went to gally almost 20 yrs ago. I heard that there are MORE oral with less ASL so i assume you ll hit it off with some of those awesome deaf/hoh people there. My hub learned ASL at gallaudet. :)

True dat.....Well they transfer to Gally b/c they want to learn ASL... Most kids are being raised kneejerk oral (ie the parents may think " oh the kid doesn't need Sign, all they need is speech and front row seating), as well as inclusion.
Gally and NTID haven't had deaf schools as feeder programs for quite a few years....and with the fixtation on inclusion at all costs, there's not a lot of dhh programs any more....
Really sad that dhh are having to wait til we are older to learn ASL......

What are feeder programs?

It's just a term for a school that is said to "feed" into a particular college/university. Exactly like the way prep schools are "feeder" schools for Ivy League or other very competitive schools.

mine was a feeder for gally, well half half gally or ntid. and we would just go up and down to the parties at both...car loads of high deafies...meh
Ive been told florida\8 street has been gentrified compared with when i roamed there, in the pcp/crack corridor.outside main gate..back in the day...
Gentrified...hard to fathom a starbucks there (shakes head) crazy allies, too many close calls...

Back