Going to Disneyland for the first time

sonnier

Reaction score
Hi y'all. I am going to Disneyland in CA for the first time ever in July. I am hard of hearing and I have done the research on the websites. I guess the question I have is if any of you guys have went do you have any tips for me as a first timer. I am also bring my hearing husband and little one too and this is also going to be our first family vacation. I want this to be stress free as possible and I guess I am looking for advise about accomodations. Thanks for all of you help.

I've been to WDL MANY times....you'll have tons of fun!

Best suggestion is to get few days passes (it called hopper, depend 2, 3 or more days, cannot remember how many days they offer though). And go to CA Adventure. Make sure to bring swim suit and towels at CA Adventure (it is next door) Your little one would enjoy the water! (Great time in July, and keep you guys cool off)

Have fun!

Thanks for the advice. I have already got the 5 days park hopper. We are staying at the California Paradise Hotel (I think that is what it is called) while we are there. I guess because I had such a bad experience at Disney World a few years back (believe me you really don't want to know) I am a little nervous about going to Disney Land. I know the little things that they provide for hard of hearing patrons I just want to make sure that I am doing the best to accomodate me and my family I guess. Thanks again for the friendly advise.

Patricia

Thanks for the advice. I have already got the 5 days park hopper. We are staying at the California Paradise Hotel (I think that is what it is called) while we are there. I guess because I had such a bad experience at Disney World a few years back (believe me you really don't want to know) I am a little nervous about going to Disney Land. I know the little things that they provide for hard of hearing patrons I just want to make sure that I am doing the best to accomodate me and my family I guess. Thanks again for the friendly advise.

Patricia

Hey we stayed at Paradice Pier Hotel before and was nice. right next door to both parks

How old is your little one? Most babies and toddlers may be overwhelmed by Disneyland and wont tolerate the long lines. My mom always told me it is best to wait until the kids are at least 5 years old so they can really enjoy it.

Bring lots of bottled water in a backpack..it can get hot and water is so expensive.

Eat a big breakfast before u go..being hungry while waiting in long lines is bound to lead to crabbiness. I ended up with a migraine headache from not eating for several hours and it ruined my day at Disneyland one time.

Check what the weather will be like and wear appropriate clothes. Wear comfortable shoes..nothing that will make your feet ache at the end of the day.

Hope that helps!

My little one will turn 3 while she is there. We have plans to take breaks in the middle of the day right after lunch for a nap so that way we won't have much of a problem. I am planning on using those fast passes (I think that this what they are called). She really does well at the theme park that we have here with the lines. I know that things are going to be a little long so I am looking at ways to combat that with activities in the bag. Thanks for the tip on water bottles. We are thinking about bringing our own refillable bottles so that way we can refill them throughout the day. Oh and we have purchased the meal plan so that way it is one less expense that I have to worry about when we get there. I know about the captioning machine and I plan on getting those while I am there. Anything else I need to know. It is all going to be of great help. Thanks again for all of your help.

I do always also get meal plan, although I have to admit I know more about utilizing it more in Disneyworld than Disneyland. It definately can save money with the snacks it includes. You can even get some candies as snacks when the little one gets fiesty for some sugar rush. I wonder if Disneyland got that new Toy Story 3D ride like Disney Hollywood Studios got this year. Me nephew couldn't get enough of it (shhh me either) and we had to have gone on that 6 times. But definately California Adventure park rocks and has its own individual treats that other parks don't have. Have a fun trip. I assume I'll be going there for a few days next spring when I go down there next.

I've been to Disney World and Disneyland many times, all I can say is have fun, make sure you take lots of rest, Suggestion is that you go to Disneyland during the day, in the morning when it opens so you can ride lots of rides and not have to wait long lines, then when it gets to noon, like around lunch time, why dont you go back to your hotel, have lunch and rest a bit, perhaps swim in the pool and then later in the afternoon, you can go back to Disneyland and enjoy more fun. That's what I've done with my family and that's what I've done with my son who was 2 at the time in Disney World... it sure makes it a lot easier. Make sure you bring backpack, with snacks and water, also bring extra pair of clothes for your little one in case something has happened, as you would never know. Also, take lots of pics, you sure want to capture the moments! :)

I havent been to Disneyland since 2005 so it seems like some things have changed like the meal plan and fast passes. I am going to Kings Dominion on June 26th and I am thinking of getting those fast passes...:hmm:

Have fun and TAKE LOTS OF PICS!!! I didnt take so many when I went with my daughter because I was too busy having so much fun and I regret it.

Back