Going Back To Chitown!!!

Schermy

Reaction score
After almost 3 years of Florida we are putting the house on the market to sell and go back to Chicago!!!! :dance: I can't wait to get back and eat some real pizza and see my Cubbies in person again!!!!!

Wow! From the heat and traffic to the windy city and traffic! :eek2: I've been to Florida a few times but always on business and never saw any of the attractions. Always felt it was overrated. :roll:

Anyway, I was a real estate agent last year, but left it because the market was bad. It's getting worse, so hopefully, you can get your house sold in a decent amount of time, as there is a glut of them, especially with the foreclosures all over. :)

Good luck with moving back to the Windy City! :) Also, with selling the house too.

Pek1: Florida has some awsome things there! It just depends on your interests. Chicago has awsome things to do though too. Personally I wouldn't pass up mild winters for cold if I had the chance.

Schermy: I hope your move goes well, you sell your house quickly, and enjoy Chicago? What area in Chicago do you want to be? I'd have to agree with you on Wrigley field, great place to watch baseball, even if my favorite team is not Cubs, but are my best friends' fav. :fingersx:

Schermy have fun moving and hope it all goes well selling your home.

Well.........currently I am in Central Florida. It's ok. I do enjoy the mild winters but the job market is really horrible here and everyone is "afraid" to hire my hubby with him being deaf. It's not fair but it's life. It's also really BORING! So..........We have decided to suck up and deal with the snow and go back. We are looking to go back to my hometown of Elk Grove Village. Suburb but right next to the city. I do miss the skyline at night!!!! I also want some PIZZA!!! Thank you for your well wishes. I hope to sell fast. I am doing everything I can to make my house the "one" people want!!

Well.........currently I am in Central Florida. It's ok. I do enjoy the mild winters but the job market is really horrible here and everyone is "afraid" to hire my hubby with him being deaf. It's not fair but it's life. It's also really BORING! So..........We have decided to suck up and deal with the snow and go back. We are looking to go back to my hometown of Elk Grove Village. Suburb but right next to the city. I do miss the skyline at night!!!! I also want some PIZZA!!! Thank you for your well wishes. I hope to sell fast. I am doing everything I can to make my house the "one" people want!!

Oic on the reason for wanting to go back to Chicago, Schermy. Are you hearing? Is Elk Grove that famous spot that banned all handguns a few years back?

Oic on the reason for wanting to go back to Chicago, Schermy. Are you hearing? Is Elk Grove that famous spot that banned all handguns a few years back?

Yes sir I am hearing and my hubby is Deafie. I know Chicago banned handguns but I don't know about EGV. I just miss my mommy, that what makes it famous for me! :giggle:

Yes sir I am hearing and my hubby is Deafie. I know Chicago banned handguns but I don't know about EGV. I just miss my mommy, that what makes it famous for me! :giggle:

Good luck on your move back. I love Chicago. I was there in March for the Midwest Psychological Convention, and we ate at a restaurant in Little Italy...can't remember the name....that served Pizza Pot Pie! I've been craving it ever since! Gonna have to go back to get some more, I guess!

I hope you love being back at Chicago! :)

I ate at a great pizza restaurant in Chicago.......I know the name but I can't remember.......Gordanos I think? - I love Google because it fixes my spelling. :laugh2: I find in Google with the wrong spelling "Giordano's". I am 99% certain it was the restaurant. It has a website. The spinach pizza was so good and the salad was the best I ever eat. I hope you can have a great salad and pizza and not so much snow.

My friend's deaf brother got laid of from his job that he had 20 years of experience in in addition to his certifications in that field so he thought he would find another job quickly. Guess what? Despite his rich experience in that field (building million dollar yatchs) nobody else will hire him despite having openings. He had to move in with his sister here in MD cuz there were no good jobs for him in Florida. His girlfriend also had to move up here in MD cuz she couldnt find a job despite having a degree in dental hygenist. They think that people are relunctant to hire them cuz of their deafness. I am starting to notice that more and more deaf people are moving out from Florida. Interesting...

it had been like almost 7 years since I had been to chicago since summer of 2001 :) but yeah it's def fun to be there even tho my mom's side of family lives in a small town near chicago but eh. oh well I might go back to chicago next summer but I'll see how i feel first ;)

Pek1: Florida has some awsome things there! It just depends on your interests. Chicago has awsome things to do though too. Personally I wouldn't pass up mild winters for cold if I had the chance.

Yeah, I know. I understand that Florida has cockroaches the size of a housecat! I drove Alligator Alley and had to pay ten lousy bucks . . . and I didn't see one single alligator! What a gyp! :pissed: And . . . and . . . Chicago has as many thugs as they've got police officers! :rl: :giggle:

Yeah, I know. I understand that Florida has cockroaches the size of a housecat! I drove Alligator Alley and had to pay ten lousy bucks . . . and I didn't see one single alligator! What a gyp! :pissed: And . . . and . . . Chicago has as many thugs as they've got police officers! :rl: :giggle:

Yeah, but they call those humongous cockroaches "palmetto bugs". Look like cockroaches to me!:giggle:

LOL, Schermy, if you can not wait to move back to Chicago then why call it chittown? *curious*, and you said you can not wait to eat pizza, does Chicago has this famous tasty pizza that you like?

btw I live in Ohio, so I'm not too far from Chicago, so come down and visit us someday :D

My family and I used to live in Chicago when I was little, the reason why we move back to Ohio cause of my parent's family

LOL, Schermy, if you can not wait to move back to Chicago then why call it chittown? *curious*, and you said you can not wait to eat pizza, does Chicago has this famous tasty pizza that you like?

btw I live in Ohio, so I'm not too far from Chicago, so come down and visit us someday :D

My family and I used to live in Chicago when I was little, the reason why we move back to Ohio cause of my parent's family

Hahaha, Angel! People often say Chitown (notice just one "t") and it's pronounced "cheetown", not the same as the pronounciation of the word you are thinking of. :giggle:

Back