Goes ahead

eggyman

Reaction score
My father and I went to see the surgeon/aduiology yesterday to have chat about the operation/prodecure so the surgery said that CI will be lots beneficial to me .When i signed the contest form my hand was shaking and i was getting too hot LMAO :D what the heck is that about haha .Anyway surgeon said that i will be having an operation within two month .
I am crapping myself :)

Much success on upcoming Cochlear Implant operation. My happened 5 years ago.
So far still happy with the results.

good luck! the next 2 months will go by fast and you'll be having your surgery. Hope everything goes well!

Be aware that the success of a CI depends a lot on how much effort you put into practicing and listening with it. Its not like a hearing aid where you can just hear better as soon as you start using it. The success or lack of is unique to every person. Though you can read all over the place how certain groups do better than others its really not accurate on an individual basis.

Be aware that the success of a CI depends a lot on how much effort you put into practicing and listening with it. Its not like a hearing aid where you can just hear better as soon as you start using it. The success or lack of is unique to every person. Though you can read all over the place how certain groups do better than others its really not accurate on an individual basis.

thank for advice .I know i have to put lots of effort to listening and i know is won't be same as hearing aid because ha amply sound into the ear and the CI is electric stimulation so i cannot imagine what is sound like with CI .I have research lots about cochlear implant ,safety ,reliability etc etc etc.
i have seninerual hearing loss so my HA cannot help me to hear properly how i should be .Basically i am struggling to communication and listen to music with HA also have try new last powerful HA .
CI is the way to go :ty:

I have not had much luck with CI for music. too many conflicting sounds and lyrics are impossible to understand...

I have not had much luck with CI for music. too many conflicting sounds and lyrics are impossible to understand...

Oh southpaw sorry to hear that ,how long u had CI And have u been audiology to tune CI speech processor ? What implant do u have ? .if u had it for short period of time and is take a lots of time till ur brain adapt to new sound .

Thank ;)

Wicked Eggyman, I had mine for nearly 4 years, getting there nicely. I am also from UK.

Oh southpaw sorry to hear that ,how long u had CI And have u been audiology to tune CI speech processor ? What implant do u have ? .if u had it for short period of time and is take a lots of time till ur brain adapt to new sound .

Thank ;)

2004/2007, Cochlear 3g/Freedom. 2 years in bilateral CI study at Cochlear Americas. been mapped more than probably almost anyone on this forum heh.. I pretty much gave up on it... Reserved for a few special events and when visiting all hearing family. That's about it.
I am pretty good at directional location of sound if using Bilateral. I am also pretty well versed on the technical aspects of CI and mapping due to my experiences...

Please don't feel sorry for me. I don't and have no complaints or issues with being Deaf. My CI's were mostly done at my families nagging and that insurance covered them where HA were not covered. Now my wife has a lifetime supply of free batteries for her HA too

Wicked Eggyman, I had mine for nearly 4 years, getting there nicely. I am also from UK.
Thank u and that is good u been doing well also I seen ur icon that u been doing rock climbing .wow that is bit risky ;) and where about u in uk ?
Cheers

Back