God Versus Satan

Status
Not open for further replies.
When in doubt, use emoticons!

Satan got nothing on God.
God kills all the firstborn Egyptian children. 500,000

Taking the Egyptian population as 3 million with an average family size of six, that would mean about a half million first born children were killed by God (or the angel sent to do his dirty work).

Exodus 3:7-10

" And Jehovah said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people that are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; and I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Amorite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite.
And now, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: moreover I have seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt. "

They cried out to God for His Help, so God told Moses to bring His people out of Egypt, because of Pharoah's treatment was too hard on them. God have a good reason to send 7 different plagues against Pharoah, because Pharoah was verrrry stubborn not to let God's people goooo. Pharoah's heart was harden. He wasn't a soften-heart to let them go. It was why Pharoah received all these 7 different punishments. Oh, yeah it was God who sent His Angel of Death to kill Pharoah's first born son and the rest who followed after his son. Pharoah wasn't exact the good Samartian to Jew people.

Did you not even read the link I provided? Here I'll copy/paste:
Well I can only find ten, and even these he shares with God, since God allowed him to do it as a part of a bet. I'm talking about the seven sons and three daughters of Job.
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job ... And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? Then Satan answered the LORD ... put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.
And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house...And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. -- Job 1:1-19

God tested Job for his faith by givin' a permission to Satan to kill, because of Satan's questions to God. But, God told Satan NOT to lay a finger on Job. At the end as a result, Job received God's blessin' for his faithful without givin' up. God gave Job a double of everythin' of what he lost. I believe that everythin' is about LEARNIN' and to make a person to become a BETTER person through God. Sometimes, it is GOOD to suffer for some people. :)

So it seems that both Satan and God share the blame (or the credit) for these killings. (10 people)

Scripture please. You know, I can't just take your word for it, I need proof.

Genesis 4:2-15

" And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper? And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand; When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. "

Cain was the very first murderer he ever killed his own brother on this earth. THAT murder came from Satan, because of S I N. Why can't Cain respect God by followin' what his brother, Abel's offerin' was ? If, Cain pleased God just like his brother Abel did, then that " murder " wouldn't have happened. God wants all mankind to LEARN the right way, but a man ( also woman ) refused to learn His Ways, because a man thinks his way is better. A man tends to forget that a sin will always involve a mistake. Sin itself will NEEEEVER remain perfect..... always causin' tooo many problems. It doesn't mean that a man is stupid. But, it does means that a man is VERY STUBBORN not to learn.

God drowns everyone on earth. 30,000,000

God supposedly drowned the entire human population (except for Noah and his family) in a flood, somewhere around 2400 BCE. Wikipedia estimates the human population in the third millineum BCE to be around 30 million.

Genesis 6:11-13

" The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. "

More at: here

....and he's supposedly going to do it.. again! Pop quiz, ask yourself how many people are currently alive on this planet. Now ask yourself if god's judgment were to come right now, how many people would die.

The dead would form a line that reaches the moon. Three times over. (Do yourself a favor and calculate the distance from the earth to the moon)

Yes, that's a lot of people to kill. A world class murderer if you ask me. ;)

I will disagree with you if, you think that God is a murderer or killer, because I don't believe that God is murder. Oh, yes it may sound that He is to you or some people, because they do not understand God's reasons. His reasons are always G O O D for His own Purpose. A good and positive purpose. I am sure some people will thank God later AFTER they learn somethin' when their eyes are wakin' up.

What proof do you have ON this?..:ugh3:

Maybe you're not looking in the right place..

You suppose to look in your heart not your mind...

hmmm you must be watching too much Barney on TV :dunno:
Have you actually seen God with your own eyes?

Satan got nothing on God.
God kills all the firstborn Egyptian children. 500,000

Taking the Egyptian population as 3 million with an average family size of six, that would mean about a half million first born children were killed by God (or the angel sent to do his dirty work).

Did you not even read the link I provided? Here I'll copy/paste:
Well I can only find ten, and even these he shares with God, since God allowed him to do it as a part of a bet. I'm talking about the seven sons and three daughters of Job.
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job ... And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? Then Satan answered the LORD ... put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.
And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house...And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. -- Job 1:1-19

So it seems that both Satan and God share the blame (or the credit) for these killings. (10 people)

Scripture please. You know, I can't just take your word for it, I need proof.

God drowns everyone on earth. 30,000,000

God supposedly drowned the entire human population (except for Noah and his family) in a flood, somewhere around 2400 BCE. Wikipedia estimates the human population in the third millineum BCE to be around 30 million.

More at: here

....and he's supposedly going to do it.. again! Pop quiz, ask yourself how many people are currently alive on this planet. Now ask yourself if god's judgment were to come right now, how many people would die.

The dead would form a line that reaches the moon. Three times over. (Do yourself a favor and calculate the distance from the earth to the moon)

Yes, that's a lot of people to kill. A world class murderer if you ask me. ;)

:gpost:

Your post fresh my memory what I read the bible stories a lot in the past...

Egyptian babies and people were being killed by God during Moses time because they are bad people and worship different belief.

God put flood to kill thousands people because they are bad people and worship different belief.

God destory Sodom and Gomorrah cities to kill the people because homosexuals or whatever is sin and also kill Lot's wife as well.

Kill Job's family and make him suffer because God want his test either he faith him or not.

God got Abraham to kill his son to test his faith to God or not... Abraham was going to kill his son but angels stopped him.

Moses got the people out of Egypt and then later the people melted the gold to build the statue to worship. God don't like it and kill them.

It look like that God want us to worship only him. The people die if they don't worship God.

and going on...

Don't use Satan as an excuse because God should kill Satan instead of let Satan do what he wants and play with people around for "test God's or Satan's faith..." This is no excuse.

One thing, I don't understand is:

The some christians often say that God said to love your enemies, neighbor, etc... but look at those list the God kill the people because they are bad and didn't worship him. :confused:

I felt after read the bible that there're no love feeling but demand and judgement.

I only share those lists what the bibles says.

Originally Posted by CyberRed
Not just only that, either -- Satan killed Abel thru Abel's brother Cain.

Don't use Satan as an excuse.

Cain killed his brother Abel out of jealously because the God prefer Abel's lamb sacrifice over the farmer Cain's vegetables/fruit sacrifice. It's God who drove Cain to kill Abel because God did not treat both fair and accept their gift equal instead of like Abel's gift more than Cain's gift.

I consider lamb sacrifice as murder!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you remember my thread?
http://www.alldeaf.com/christianity...8-do-you-consider-animal-human-sacrifice.html

I will disagree with you if, you think that God is a murderer or killer, because I don't believe that God is murder. Oh, yes it may sound that He is to you or some people, because they do not understand God's reasons. His reasons are always G O O D for His own Purpose. A good and positive purpose. I am sure some people will thank God later AFTER they learn somethin' when their eyes are wakin' up.

Sorry to disappoint you that I see from the bibles that God kill the people. Beleive me, I do not wish to label God as murder but only say what the bibles say. I don't understand why God didn't kill ONE Satan but MILLIONS people from the earth. ???????????????????

Christianity and Homosexuality

What does the Bible say?

Lev. 20:13, “If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them.”

Christianity and Homosexuality « The Light

Read further in this link and then tell me what you do think of this link... Is what the author of the bible misinterpret or not?

*I* couldn't help but noticed that you don't know a thing or two about God or the Bible....He speaks to us through Scripture, I suggest you to re-read the Bible if you want to know more about God or His plans, you would be surprised to find some answers to your illogical questions Sir...

Have a heavenly day, and keep smiling :)

The problem is we don't know which right bible, the belief author interpret from scriptures correct because we have many bibles?

I wish that we have only ONE bible, not many bibles of different religion beliefs.

Egyptian babies and people were being killed by God during Moses time because they are bad people and worship different belief.

I forget to add something but it's too late for me to edit my previous post... so I add to correct my previous post...

The innoncent babies have to die because their parents are bad people?

God put flood to kill thousands people because they are bad people and worship different belief.
during Noah & Ark time.

Sorry that the bible make sound that God is a murder. It's not my word but the bibles.

~VIA BB~ liebling, your some posts are made sense, because I agree with your factual theology!

Here is little off-topic, hebrews were saved out of egyptian's bondage system by the hand of Moses, not by God or angel nor spirit. Jewish peoples were saved out of the ruthless Nazi system by the hand of various armies from usa, french, british, on and on. God or angel or spirit did not save them out of enemies. Black slaves were saved out of North American system by the hand of white politican men. God, angel, or spirit did not saved black slaves out of the hand of great eneimes. The flesh and blood of man who can save you out of miserable system, or rapist, murder, on and on. The man is only guide you out of the wrong directions.. The man is your ANSWERING!

I better let people stick with this topic about God vs Satan.. :)

Could it be that God doesn't care who He kills or creates? After all, it's His own creativity, isn't it? Perhaps "murder" is a worthless word that God does all the time and it does not mean anything significant.

Oh, by the way, haven't you realized that if God killed "millions", Satan would've destroyed "billions"? Why? Because Satan drove the helpless people away from the "straight path". So, I guess that's that... Satan's responsible for most of the deaths. :)

For whatever good people does, God keeps them. For whatever bad people does, Satan keeps them.

...I consider lamb sacrifice as murder!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you an accessory to the murder of many chickens, pigs, fish, and cows? How many critters were sacrificed for that bratwurst?

:gpost:

Your post fresh my memory what I read the bible stories a lot in the past...

God destory Sodom and Gomorrah cities to kill the people because homosexuals or whatever is sin and also kill Lot's wife as well.

Kill Job's family and make him suffer because God want his test either he faith him or not.

God got Abraham to kill his son to test his faith to God or not... Abraham was going to kill his son but angels stopped him.

Moses got the people out of Egypt and then later the people melted the gold to build the statue to worship. God don't like it and kill them.

It look like that God want us to worship only him. The people die if they don't worship God.

and going on...

Don't use Satan as an excuse because God should kill Satan instead of let Satan do what he wants and play with people around for "test God's or Satan's faith..." This is no excuse.

One thing, I don't understand is:

The some christians often say that God said to love your enemies, neighbor, etc... but look at those list the God kill the people because they are bad and didn't worship him. :confused:

I felt after read the bible that there're no love feeling but demand and judgement.

I only share those lists what the bibles says.
I have bad belief against God.

Yet, God hasn't killed me yet. Why stop now? Oh yeah, he probably decided to abandon us. ;)

I've never seen you with my own eyes.

Do you exist? ;)
At least, I'm talking to you right now. Has God ever actually posted here in AllDeaf?

*falls to the ground*

BOOM! This is God! I have pushed Vampy out of his chair so that I can make my point. I speak! Behold! I am God, the Almighty! You must heed to my words! All bow down and worship me! I am the Almighty! To tell you all the truth, I am actually gambling with your pathetic lives! Bwahahaha...

Now... I have to go... farewell!

BOOM!

*gets up from floor*

Jeez, what's God's problem. He didn't have to push me off the chair.

Oh, wait... He spoke in my place. I guess he does exist. NOT! ;)

At least, I'm talking to you right now. Has God ever actually posted here in AllDeaf?
You only mentioned "seeing". :)

How do you know God hasn't posted here, using a different screen name?

How do I know that it is you, VamPyroX, posting here? I've never seen you.

How do you know it is I, Reba, posting this? Do you see me? ;)

Just messin' with ya.

:scatter:

Just messin' with ya.

:giggle: That's funny

Just messin' with ya.

hehehehe.....Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back