God of War

Steel X

Reaction score
God of War, one of the best selling games only exclusivly on Playstation 2...is definetly MAJOR FUCKIN' AWESOME! I was so fuckin' glad that I rented it and played it and was so fucking into this shit! :P

I'm telling u, PS2 owners that it is bloody MUCH better than the Devil May Cry series!

sweet fuckin' awesome combat moves, stunts, and friggin' sweet superpowers and weapons! big ass boss battles and endless insane band of monsters, zombies, and other myth-related characters all twisted into this heavy load action packed ground breaking action adventure showing who is the REAL God! :P

Sure Devil May Cry was great, but not totally in my list of the greatest games ever made...

"God of War" is most DEFINETLY one of the best games ever made for the Playstation 2 since "Metal Gear Solid 2" and "Metal Gear Solid 3."

You deserve to get your head chopped if you dont go own that game right away!

That scene with the VERY giant sea dragon in the middle and the two little green dragons in between of the shipwreck...oh man that was challenging but REALLY fucking cool lol

that game deserves a sparking gold medal! :thumb:

one of the fewest games that makes you proud to be a PS2 owner. ;)

246534.jpg

i heard a lot of people saying that too. I havent grabbed this yet. 20 bucks now? where?

A sequel to God of War is now in development and expected to be released sometime next year for the Playstation 2. :P

godofwar_screen001.jpg

Hmm... I wonder what the story is going to be like. I recently played part of the game with a friend of mine. He already beat it in Spartan mode. We both took turns playing Challenge of the Gods. Boy, the 10th round was TOUGH! However, it was well worth it! As a reward for beating Challenge of the Gods, he got extra costumes. Yep, costumes! There's chef, scuba diver, businessman, cow, and Ares armor. I tried the cow costume and it's hilarious! BTW... each costume does different things. For instance, the cow uses milk jugs instead of the blades. The magic is unlimited. For the Ares armor, you're stronger in every aspect like Ares himself. ;)

Yup! One of the "Best Game Of The Year" in 2005. Pay my patient off for been waiting until $19.99 slapped on this game...lucky, I found used game at $17.99 at Game Stop store when I heard about lowest price on same day. God Of War 2 is coming up! Anyone played "Killzone"? It was finest shooter game...even "Killzone 2" is coming up too. Gee, I think I will have to wait for $19.99 for these coming up games.

MaxUFC said:
Yup! One of the "Best Game Of The Year" in 2005. Pay my patient off for been waiting until $19.99 slapped on this game...lucky, I found used game at $17.99 at Game Stop store when I heard about lowest price on same day. God Of War 2 is coming up! Anyone played "Killzone"? It was finest shooter game...even "Killzone 2" is coming up too. Gee, I think I will have to wait for $19.99 for these coming up games.
:werd:

I'm also waiting for the price to go down to $19.99 so I can get it cheap. I'm not the kind of guy who goes out and buy games as soon as they are released. I rarely do that except for games like Zelda. :)

MaxUFC said:
Yeah I'm thinking of getting Kill Zone also...and I think Kill Zone 2 will only go to PS3.

Proably will get it as I get Black sometime and I want to get that new Tomb Raider game for Xbox360 this april.

Only a couple games I want to get for gamecube is the new zelda, and rampage : total descrustion.

There are still more LOTS more games I wanna get for PS2 and I've stopped buying orginal Xbox games but will wait to get Call of Duty 2 : Big Red One, and um....thats it. lol Will start sticking to buy more PS2 and Xbox360 games for now...and perhas Donkey Kong Country 3 for GBA SP also.

I definetly support the PS2 and Xbox360 very much now. :D hopefully PS3 will still let me use the PS2 memory card so I wont have to start all over again when playing PS2 games on it ugh.

long live the PS2!

final.gif

I helped a friend to finish the game by beating Ares because my friend isn't as good at button mashing. Ares' costume looks cool. :thumb:

I am only the one doesnt have it. Shame on me. I will get it when I beat those games I bought.

questions for those who played ninja gaiden, is god of war good as ninja gaiden? i mean awesome combat systems as ninja gaiden? which would u choose if u have to own one, ninja gaiden or god of war? of course with reasons why.
just curious...

edit:
hey steel x, wtf's happening to x360? i seriously am disappointed with x360, im not seeing any of games presently being equaled as next generation (sure they're not possible on xbox, but they're not "next generation" enuf), all of 'em i played're just "blah". i hope in afew months things for x360'll be serious as hell, being fuckin equaled as next generation (im looking at u, gears of war, mass effect, and too human).

Potman said:
questions for those who played ninja gaiden, is god of war good as ninja gaiden? i mean awesome combat systems as ninja gaiden? which would u choose if u have to own one, ninja gaiden or god of war? of course with reasons why.
just curious...

edit:
hey steel x, wtf's happening to x360? i seriously am disappointed with x360, im not seeing any of games presently being equaled as next generation (sure they're not possible on xbox, but they're not "next generation" enuf), all of 'em i played're just "blah". i hope in afew months things for x360'll be serious as hell, being fuckin equaled as next generation (im looking at u, gears of war, mass effect, and too human).

Ninja Gaiden Black is one of the best games ever. I really love to play it for hours even I beat it over again and again. The combat system is incredible. I havent played god of war but I heard a lot of people said the combat system looks similar to devil may cry 3 but way better.

Potman said:
just curious...

edit:
...and The Godfather, Lara Croft : Tomb Raider Legend, Resident Evil 5, 99 nights, Rumble Roses XX, Lord of The Rings : Battle for Middle Earth II, War Devil, Prey, Dead Rising, Far Cry Instincts : Predator, Dead or alive Xtrememe Beach Volleyball 2, Mass Time Effect, The Darkness, Fable 2, Dark Sector, Sonic Adventure 3, King Of Fighters : Maxium Impact 3, X-Men 3 : The offical game of the movie, and much more coming to Xbox360.

DefMATRIXense said:
Ninja Gaiden Black is one of the best games ever. I really love to play it for hours even I beat it over again and again. The combat system is incredible. I havent played god of war but I heard a lot of people said the combat system looks similar to devil may cry 3 but way better.
You told me you were having a hard time trying to beat the first level boss...

Steel X said:
...and The Godfather, Lara Croft : Tomb Raider Legend, Resident Evil 5, 99 nights, Rumble Roses XX, Lord of The Rings : Battle for Middle Earth II, War Devil, Prey, Dead Rising, Far Cry Instincts : Predator, Dead or alive Xtrememe Beach Volleyball 2, Mass Time Effect, The Darkness, Fable 2, Dark Sector, Sonic Adventure 3, King Of Fighters : Maxium Impact 3, X-Men 3 : The offical game of the movie, and much more coming to Xbox360.
That's it but I would get RE 5 for ps3. most of those games im not interested playing.

RedFox said:
I helped a friend to finish the game by beating Ares because my friend isn't as good at button mashing. Ares' costume looks cool. :thumb:
Same here. I helped a friend with Aries as well. I also helped him with Challenge of the Gods. Heh!

Potman said:
just curious...

edit:
God of War has a great combo system. You get bonus power-ups if you can keep hitting your enemies within a time limit. If you hit a guy once and then wait a second before hitting him again, it won't count as a combo. If you hit one guy and in the process, you hit another guy then do a multi-hit swipe, etc... then it counts as a combo. My friend was doing combos of up to 150 hits! Yikes!

There are also special moves as if you were playing a real fighting game.

Back