God And The Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
science is in everything, astronomy, meteorology, climatology, and etc and yeah, part is evolution, but thats on agnostic science, not scientist who are christian. like God creating is the original Science who created everything include atom, gas, and etc. not like christian science or scientology. and agnostic doesnt believe in it, so they puffed up the idea like evolution for many assumptions and claim thats how it happen.

science is in everything, astronomy, meteorology, climatology, and etc and yeah, part is evolution, but thats on agnostic science, not scientist who are christian. like God creating is the original Science who created everything include atom, gas, and etc. not like christian science or scientology. and agnostic doesnt believe in it, so they puffed up the idea like evolution for many assumptions and claim thats how it happen.

That was what I was thinking when I said religion and science go hand in hand but I guess I am crazy for saying that. Didnt know that was such a bad thing to say. :ugh:

I respect different religions and all kinds of science cuz I think there is no right answer to everything that happens on this planet. Doesnt mean I agree with every religion or every aspect of science.

I dont know how evolution got into this cuz that was what I wasnt thinking when I made the comment. If people dont want to believe in evolution, I have no problems with that but if I believe in evolution, does that make me a bad person or a person who will go to hell? We do not know the answers to everything. There are still a lot of unanswered questions and theories with both science and religion.

I dont see what the big deal is but that is just me and my way of thinking.

That was what I was thinking when I said religion and science go hand in hand but I guess I am crazy for saying that. Didnt know that was such a bad thing to say. :ugh:

I respect different religions and all kinds of science cuz I think there is no right answer to everything that happens on this planet. Doesnt mean I agree with every religion or every aspect of science.

I dont know how evolution got into this cuz that was what I wasnt thinking when I made the comment. If people dont want to believe in evolution, I have no problems with that but if I believe in evolution, does that make me a bad person or a person who will go to hell? We do not know the answers to everything. There are still a lot of unanswered questions and theories with both science and religion.

I dont see what the big deal is but that is just me and my way of thinking.

well, i know what you mean. i know its not easy as for me as a christian how many look at me. even not easy how to put it words, bec many raised or being around with certain people from abusive comments and etc. like without christ, there is no hope or some say without christ, will go to hell. the problem is, as a perspective, in a thought pattern, they feel condemn or judging, which is not always so. bec, i know exactly why they feel that way, bec i ve been there myself. when i say particular phrase. for example, you and i are a good friend. you were raised, when someone said to you, you are going to hell and God will punish you. i havent seen your life what you have been gone thru. somewhere along the way, we have a good conversation and then ask me in religion perspective. when i say, well, see, Christ died for you and took your place to be with Him, without Him, there is no hope. suddenly, you got upset thinking i condemn you or judging you. why you think that? it brought back your memory what you have gone thru with someone condemning you or judging you and think im the same, which i dont. thats just an example, you know what i mean. sometimes thinking religion is just a way of life, which it isnt. if you really look at what happen in the old testatment what the jews been living, like the day of repenting, then long life afterward, fall right back into sinful category. we are living long life afterward after Jesus ascended to Heaven. World is full of all kinds. and its not easy in this life. sometimes thinking religion causing it, which is not true. when i read Book of Jeremiah, wow, really, the way people said and act really no different where we are living also. im doing every best how not to make other feel offended or stuff like that, bec many times i felt offended instead of disagreeing. (smile)

Many issues..

Of course, some deaf people are illerate and the national average according to a research I heard about 15 years ago or so saying that the average English skills deaf people have is third grade level. I disagree with that. I was tested 4 times through the years since high school that I am 11th grade level.

I am aware that deaf people have hard time reading various of bibles. I trust KJV because of the verses that other versions LEFT out! Does your bible have 1 John 5:7? Ask me what that verse say in your bible? I know mine. Many have been left out!

Anyway, my point is that I heard there is a development of ASL writing system. I understood it about 80 percent of time since its a learning process all over again with a new language. It is asl. but it has sort of cross between sign concepts and shorthand symbols.

It would be nice to convert into ASL bible! There is a deaf bible, color coded bible--just a few pages of all colors--black, red, white, blue, green, gold, I think.

Picture bibles also help. I think there is a video ASL bible as well. Also tracts like Chick Tracts have that are helpful to deaf people! They even have wordless picture tracts that are so easy for a deaf person who cant read simple words.

Now, on to other issues... I forgot what they are! LOL! Oh yes! (few minutes later). The bible was written after the Great Flood since everything was word of mouth by faithful ones as well as Godly people since the time Adam was still alive. Remember he lived to be 900 odd years. That is long enough to keep stories alive and repeating for pre-flood people.

Cave man? It is clearly even stated in the bible indirectly. I know it is controversal when I say it. Cain, the first murderer who slain (get that name came from?) his brother, Abel was casted away from his parents and family. They already had many brothers and sisters. Well, Cain was a wanderer likely to a barren desert area--rich with caves!

Normads back then did not have much to pack and ended up in caves but more likely stayed at brief times such as when T-Rex and the other monsterous flesh-eating dinosaurs were roaming the planet. A cave was ideal shelter from the dinosaurs. Pre-flood days were dry and no rain since the 6 days of creation prior to creating Adam so again, caves were best for coolness and moist. Caves also were best sheltered for art so they can tell their tales. Kind of like a deer hunter would cut the head and stuff the head and use as trophey of his best catch on the wall. Caves I believe were something like that when they painted walls.

Writing came right after the flood. You can see that with Haummari (spelling?) of Babylon who was a ruler who was first ruler to have writing on walls, oblisks, and some kind of paper. Egyptians had theirs in Egyptian temples.. then you know the rest of more recent times.

It would be nice to convert into ASL bible! There is a deaf bible, color coded bible--just a few pages of all colors--black, red, white, blue, green, gold, I think.

Deaf Missions: The Bible: ASL Translation

Again, you can't trust bible if it has gone thru so many years of translation. Men's thoughts are filled with greedy and corruption which means they will certainly change sentence/word to fit in their own hideous/horrofic personal agenda.

I am aware that deaf people have hard time reading various of bibles. I trust KJV because of the verses that other versions LEFT out! Does your bible have 1 John 5:7? Ask me what that verse say in your bible? I know mine. Many have been left out!

I curious, What exactly other the version? what you said other versions left out! I trust KJV.

Deaf Missions: The Bible: ASL Translation

Again, you can't trust bible if it has gone thru so many years of translation. Men's thoughts are filled with greedy and corruption which means they will certainly change sentence/word to fit in their own hideous/horrofic personal agenda.

its not Bible itself, its been written over thousands of years. but when the time of King James, translating it, not changing it. you may think they doing it out of greedy, which is not so, bec whatever particular person(s) does or even priest or pastors, like jim baker, doesnt mean all do the same. many times you could bark on the wrong tree.

Guess u dont know what it means to accept people's differences. That is what I believe in and if I am :crazy: at least I am a happy :crazy: :mrgreen:

Yes, Cyberred has the problem to understand people´s POV.

That's YOUR guess. You don't know the real answer. I only debate to agree to disagree/disagree to agree.

Unforunlately no, I don´t see that you debate disagree/agree but judge and critizing people´s POV because you think your bible is 100% correct... You already call someone :crazy: Is it right debate or what?

Again, you has the problem to understand and accept people´s POV... The problem is YOU.

This introduces a very unique problem for an "ASL Bible". The problem is that when you communicate in ASL, everything has to be in context. The ASL translator must be 100% knowledgeable and certain of what event and whom it is directed to so that deaf people can receive an accurate understanding of the story behind each verses. Another problem is the bias factor when it comes to translating the verses into context. For example (on the top of my head), if we have an ASL translator that is feminist, he/she would translate the Bible into seemingly pro-women and plenty of people will get that exact idea of women being a dominant force. This will take a long while to do an accurate translation and each word is precious.

Unforunlately no, I don´t see that you debate disagree/agree but judge and critizing people´s POV because you think your bible is 100% correct... You already call someone :crazy: Is it right debate or what?

Again, you has the problem to understand and accept people´s POV... The problem is YOU.

You are wrong ! I never said that I think my bible is 100% correct. See, you have the problem to understand my POV. Yikes !! By readin' your posts, I can see there's somethin' goin' on behind your door. Tsk tsk.....

Yes, I DO debate to disgree with anyone's POV. This forum is on-topic debate, so I am entitled to debate.

This introduces a very unique problem for an "ASL Bible". The problem is that when you communicate in ASL, everything has to be in context. The ASL translator must be 100% knowledgeable and certain of what event and whom it is directed to so that deaf people can receive an accurate understanding of the story behind each verses. Another problem is the bias factor when it comes to translating the verses into context. For example (on the top of my head), if we have an ASL translator that is feminist, he/she would translate the Bible into seemingly pro-women and plenty of people will get that exact idea of women being a dominant force. This will take a long while to do an accurate translation and each word is precious.

I agree with you totally. Similar as the songs, like Silent Night or other praise songs, got to know the meaning of the songs. That is the similar problem about the Bible. Got to have a meaning of the passage of the Scriptures. And also as a directional sign, like which person you pointing at is important part, positions and etc. Like come to Him, as ASL, like approaching to Him, not like regular coming like toward me in english. That is why I taught workshop how to interpret ASL. Got to understand them with whole context in them to make it understand the whole picture. Like I have known many people love the song without understand them. As what I'm in, when I study the songs and history of who wrote the songs and the purpose of the songs etc. That's where lead me a bigger picture of it. Similar as the Bible, I grew up without understanding the Bible. When I gave my life to Christ, and take me to understand them thru my prayers and thats where it opens my eyes and got the whole message from that. At early stage, I got it wrong picture of the scriptures and till asking the Lord to help me to understand them and that's where I begin to see it. It is a growing process what Jesus has described. ASL really helped me understand them better when I studied them and get the whole message. English signs led me frustration of the meaning. But know the words, but really understand the whole context, I don't, but ASL, I do.

You cannot worship God apart from the Bible.

Have you ever bothered to ask your god why so many things are left out of your bible? I'll keep it simple since we're all familiar with mathew, mark, luke, and john. But what about the others?

The four gospels that made it into the official canon were chosen, more or less arbitrarily, out of a larger sample of at least a dozen including the Gospels of Thomas, Peter, Nicodemus, Philip, Bartholomew and Mary Magdalen.

The gospels that didn't make it were omitted by those ecclesiastics perhaps because they included stories that were even more embarrassingly implausible than those in the four canonical ones. The Gospel of Thomas, for example, has numerous anecdotes about the child Jesus abusing his magical powers in the manner of a mischievous fairy, impishly transforming his playmates into goats, or turning mud into sparrows, or giving his father a hand with the carpentry by miraculously lengthening a piece of wood.

It will be said that nobody believes crude miracle stories such as those in the
Gospel of Thomas anyway. But there is no more and no less reason to believe the four canonical gospels. All have the status of legends, as factually dubious as the stories of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table.

Have you ever bothered to ask your god why so many things are left out of your bible? I'll keep it simple since we're all familiar with mathew, mark, luke, and john. But what about the others?

The four gospels that made it into the official canon were chosen, more or less arbitrarily, out of a larger sample of at least a dozen including the Gospels of Thomas, Peter, Nicodemus, Philip, Bartholomew and Mary Magdalen.

The gospels that didn't make it were omitted by those ecclesiastics perhaps because they included stories that were even more embarrassingly implausible than those in the four canonical ones. The Gospel of Thomas, for example, has numerous anecdotes about the child Jesus abusing his magical powers in the manner of a mischievous fairy, impishly transforming his playmates into goats, or turning mud into sparrows, or giving his father a hand with the carpentry by miraculously lengthening a piece of wood.

It will be said that nobody believes crude miracle stories such as those in the
Gospel of Thomas anyway. But there is no more and no less reason to believe the four canonical gospels. All have the status of legends, as factually dubious as the stories of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table.

Well, I start pondering the question, which Thomas that be and also Barnabas. But there are Peter in the Bible and even book of Acts and also 1 and 2 Peter. they are very carefully canonize the book which matched abroad. Like Mary, and etc as I watched on History channel is very interesting. Those cannonizing been very cautious and seeing if its balancing the other books. The way I see, believe that those who wasn't in the Bible, bec can be use as of book, tho the word mean Bible means library or many books. I'm not too scholar of how to explain the reason why it doesn't fit with others. And what I see in the Bible, what more do we need to know. And like John said, " I couldn't write everything or put in the scriptures bec, there is soooo much to write which is not enough room" (my translation). Peter, John, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Paul, matches the same who Christ is. Did you know even Peter and Paul has their disagreements in some way? But Peter and others have noticed that Paul actually had confronting Jesus, when Paul was on his way to destroy christians. It took them a while if Paul is for real.

Well, I start pondering the question, which Thomas that be and also Barnabas. But there are Peter in the Bible and even book of Acts and also 1 and 2 Peter. they are very carefully canonize the book which matched abroad. Like Mary, and etc as I watched on History channel is very interesting. Those cannonizing been very cautious and seeing if its balancing the other books. The way I see, believe that those who wasn't in the Bible, bec can be use as of book, tho the word mean Bible means library or many books. I'm not too scholar of how to explain the reason why it doesn't fit with others. And what I see in the Bible, what more do we need to know. And like John said, " I couldn't write everything or put in the scriptures bec, there is soooo much to write which is not enough room" (my translation). Peter, John, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Paul, matches the same who Christ is. Did you know even Peter and Paul has their disagreements in some way? But Peter and others have noticed that Paul actually had confronting Jesus, when Paul was on his way to destroy christians. It took them a while if Paul is for real.

Why doesn't a book written by God leave you with a sense of wonder and amazement? If you are reading a book written by the all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving creator of the universe, wouldn't you expect to be stunned by the brilliance, the clarity and the wisdom of the author? Would you not expect each new page to intoxicate you with its incredible prose and its spectacular insight?

Why does the author of the Bible, who is supposed to be God, who is supposed to be all-knowing, know so little? Why is the knowledge of the author limited to the knowledge of the primitive men who wrote the book? If you think about what you are reading in the Bible in the context of an all-knowing God who supposedly wrote it, none of it makes any sense. But if you think about the Bible as being a book written by primitive men like you would find in the remote regions of Afghanistan today, it makes complete sense.

The reason is because God is imaginary. "God" had nothing to do with the Bible. The Bible was written by primitive men, many of who were obviously insane.

You are wrong ! I never said that I think my bible is 100% correct. See, you have the problem to understand my POV. Yikes !! By readin' your posts, I can see there's somethin' goin' on behind your door. Tsk tsk.....

Yes, I DO debate to disgree with anyone's POV. This forum is on-topic debate, so I am entitled to debate.

Nope, I see from your posts that you have the problem to accept people´s POV and criitzying their beleif and prove them wrong. I have seen it often.

Now I see again that you has the problem to understand the difference. I only disagree your POV, not critizing your belief. Example, Jesus is God.

You insisted that you do debate to disagree with anyone´s POV. Maybe but I notice that it´s not debate, you made toward some people but tried to prove them wrong etc. and judge their beleif etc., insult them with a form of sarcasm. Oh yes, you complaint in other thread that other people tried to win against your belief. What is this? Is it right debate? :roll: I tried to convince you in other thread that it´s not what you think that other people tries to win against your belief but show you why they disagree with your belief and show you their belief as the same as you disagree with their belief and show them your belief. I am sure that you remember it... Who has the problem to understand the people´s POV? Of course YOU.

Again, you has the problem to understand the difference between "think" and "say". I never say that you said that you think your bible is 100% correct but I said you think your bible is 100% correct because you often told the people that your bible is true, not their bibles. Got it? Please re-read my previous post carefully. I did said "think", not "say".

Why doesn't a book written by God leave you with a sense of wonder and amazement? If you are reading a book written by the all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving creator of the universe, wouldn't you expect to be stunned by the brilliance, the clarity and the wisdom of the author? Would you not expect each new page to intoxicate you with its incredible prose and its spectacular insight?

Why does the author of the Bible, who is supposed to be God, who is supposed to be all-knowing, know so little? Why is the knowledge of the author limited to the knowledge of the primitive men who wrote the book? If you think about what you are reading in the Bible in the context of an all-knowing God who supposedly wrote it, none of it makes any sense. But if you think about the Bible as being a book written by primitive men like you would find in the remote regions of Afghanistan today, it makes complete sense.

The reason is because God is imaginary. "God" had nothing to do with the Bible. The Bible was written by primitive men, many of who were obviously insane.

Well, I don't look myself as primitive. I know exactly what you mean by that and there are many people like that for thousands of years. Look at the behavior of hebrews toward Moses. And even Pharoah, look at Philistine toward the Israelites, look at Caesars, Pilate, religious leaders and etc. They are very brilliant people. Look how powerful was uneducated disciples. It's easy for God to work with lowly people than snoddy people. That is even christians who been snoddy (nothing to do with people who knows the Bible and stand firm), has to be an attitude of those people. Like in Jeremiah times is alot like today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back