#GO TRYOUT!! Motorola OjO free applicants VP! This is real cool!:)

Did you apply now

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Later

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xentra

Reaction score
#GO TRYOUT!! Snap!VRS Motorola OjO free applicants VP! This is real cool!:)

Main page Snap VRS!
http://www.snapvrs.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Getting started! :
http://www.snapvrs.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=7&Itemid=47

Deaf and hard-of-hearing applicants (FREE VP & FREE FULL SETUP UR PLACE):
TRYOUT!:
http://www.snapvrs.com/index.php?option=com_philaform&app_id=3

This free OjO is only for local USA! Why not GO TRY OjO to see what compare with Sorenson!
Go tryout! :cheers:

Attachments

• ojo.jpg
    ojo.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 18
  • vrsOjo2.gif
    vrsOjo2.gif
    28.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Yes its looks cool

but the question... does it can connect to Sorenson or I2Eye? So they are different is how do we know if someone is calling us? I don't see a plug or anything that can plug with phone flash? :L

Xentra; are you working with SNAP VRS? Just curious :)

ideafspy said:
Yes its looks cool

but the question... does it can connect to Sorenson or I2Eye? So they are different is how do we know if someone is calling us? I don't see a plug or anything that can plug with phone flash? :L

Good question! I have no idea it will work with other providers vrs (Sorenson or I2eye) will find out more later;)

I am not work for SnapVRS!
I am trying find out which is better for our new service VRS in canada ! :)
I do believe Motorola is the best brand and less Hassel or frustrated!

The answer is no! Reason? Different protocol that this Ojo is using. I did apply and they said they don't have anything ready and hope it would be ready soon. I really don't care, free? fwine with me and *IF* I don't like it, then take it back. What I got to lose?

Okay, why it won't work with Sorenson or I2eye? The simple answer is... can you connect your TTY to fax machine? EVEN both of TTY and FAX have similiar tone, but they don't work... why? Simple... protocol used! TTY uses Baudot protocol, while FAX uses fascimile protocol. Same concept, America TTY won't work with Europe TTY, howcome? Well the protocol of America TTY uses Baudot 45 while Europe uses baudot 50! So these two machine don't understand each other. Sorenson uses I2eye protocol, so therefore both can understand each other.

I don't remember exact what protocol Ojo is using but I know for sure it is different protocol. Stupid of Ojo manufacturer not thinking of compatiblity issues.

ideafspy said:
Yes its looks cool

It is not Motorola anymore. It's WorldGate now http://www.wgate.com/

and it is NOT free as per this page at bottom; you have to purchase the device and pay the monthly service fee;
http://www.snapvrs.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=6&Itemid=65

:whistle: read carefully!

since VP-100 is SIP or H.323 complaint and OjO is only SIP based device (communication not codec)

OjO use H.264 video codec while VP-100/DVC-1000 use H.263 but both use QCIF video protocol so should not be a problem. See other thread I posted regarding "streaming"

diehardbiker65 said:
The answer is no! Reason? Different protocol that this Ojo is using. I did apply and they said they don't have anything ready and hope it would be ready soon. I really don't care, free? fwine with me and *IF* I don't like it, then take it back. What I got to lose?

Okay, why it won't work with Sorenson or I2eye? The simple answer is... can you connect your TTY to fax machine? EVEN both of TTY and FAX have similiar tone, but they don't work... why? Simple... protocol used! TTY uses Baudot protocol, while FAX uses fascimile protocol. Same concept, America TTY won't work with Europe TTY, howcome? Well the protocol of America TTY uses Baudot 45 while Europe uses baudot 50! So these two machine don't understand each other. Sorenson uses I2eye protocol, so therefore both can understand each other.

I don't remember exact what protocol Ojo is using but I know for sure it is different protocol. Stupid of Ojo manufacturer not thinking of compatiblity issues.

For the not-so technical minded:

1) Ojo uses only uses the phone line. Other phones that I've seen that use video over phone usually have poor quality.

2) The VP-100 and i2eye DVC-1000 both use the internet. That's why they can see each other. Many computer video programs use it as well, such as Netmeeting, which means many devices can be used to connect to each other over the internet. Even the next generation stuff, Apple's Mac OS X iChat AV, still use the internet. The Ojo will not be compatible until it uses the internet.

Edit: Boult mentions the specific technical protocols. Which is correct, but the bottom line is, the Ojo has no way to connect to VPs on the internet, so you can never call someone on the internet, which is everyone who has a VP, D-Link, and many other devices.

Dennis said:
For the not-so technical minded:

1) Ojo uses only uses the phone line. Other phones that I've seen that use video over phone usually have poor quality.

2) The VP-100 and i2eye DVC-1000 both use the internet. That's why they can see each other. Many computer video programs use it as well, such as Netmeeting, which means many devices can be used to connect to each other over the internet. Even the next generation stuff, Apple's Mac OS X iChat AV, still use the internet. The Ojo will not be compatible until it uses the internet.

Edit: Boult mentions the specific technical protocols. Which is correct, but the bottom line is, the Ojo has no way to connect to VPs on the internet, so you can never call someone on the internet, which is everyone who has a VP, D-Link, and many other devices.

Dennis, you will have to look at OjO's specs again... both use RJ-45 Ethernet and VP/DVC has 10 Base-T port and OjO has 100 Base-T port as per Spec ( OjO may be backward compatible with 10 Base-T)

and like I said Both VP/DVC and OjO can use SIP protocol while VP/DVC has two option H.323 or SIP and OjO only use SIP hence the reason for new VRS like SnapVRS that can cater to OjO deaf users.

So therefore both videophone use ethernet and connect to internet. (either cable modem or DSL via router or without)

Boult said:
Dennis, you will have to look at OjO's specs again... both use RJ-45 Ethernet and VP/DVC has 10 Base-T port and OjO has 100 Base-T port as per Spec ( OjO may be backward compatible with 10 Base-T)

and like I said Both VP/DVC and OjO can use SIP protocol while VP/DVC has two option H.323 or SIP and OjO only use SIP hence the reason for new VRS like SnapVRS that can cater to OjO deaf users.

So therefore both videophone use ethernet and connect to internet. (either cable modem or DSL via router or without)

I'm reviewing this. I apologize, you're correct that both devices specify that they have a RJ-45 (ethernet) connection. I only reviewed the PVP-1000 videophone, which supports RJ-11 and I focused on that section of the device specs. The streamlined "Shadow" PVP-900 solely supports RJ-45 connections.

That would mean that someone could call you directly and you can talk to them. But you're paying for the service to connect you over the 'net? I'm trying to figure out how that works. Both devices say they use the existing home number, but the "Shadow" only has a RJ-45 connection. Is that some error in marketing, or is it a miracle in telephone engineering?

Boult said:
Yeah because both use SIP which you can use existing phone number.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_Initiation_Protocol#SIP_network_elements

http://www.ojophone.com/buy/
http://www.ojoservices.com/help/

Now we knows that SnapVRS is NOT offering OjO for free AT ALL..

but the service offered by SnapVRS IS free but not the device itself.

But there seems to be details missing.

If you have an Ojo in the house, and a regular telephone line with a regular phone or TTY, how can your "existing" phone number be used? ENUM / DUNDi accounts for VOIP telephone services, but not for existing telecom services. I've never heard of VOIP services and regular analog service ringing at the same time, so unless it's an incredible engineering feat, something's up.

For example, if I have an Ojo and local phone service (like SBC) at 555-222-3333:

1) Someone calls me on TTY at 555-222-3333. I want to answer on the TTY, so I need my TTY to ring. But according to what I'm reading, if I have to pay for a Ojo service, my calls would be forwarded to the Ojo. None of my house phones will ring.

2) Someone calls me on the Ojo at 555-222-3333. I need my Ojo to ring. My TTY will never ring because I'm not paying for a VOIP service to my TTY.

3) Let's say this miracle of engineering works. Both my TTY and my Ojo ring. I pick up my Ojo. Now my 555-222-3333 line is supposedly "busy." However, the circuit through SBC to my TTY is free, because the Ojo service doesn't come from SBC. That would mean someone could call me on the same number again on the TTY while I'm on the Ojo. That would affect the Ojo service as ENUM is forwarding call still.

The same for if I answer on the TTY, now my line is taken up by the SBC circuit. Any additional calls should either be busy or if the Ojo service is so great, the Ojo should be able to receive calls because the ENUM translation occurs somewhere up the line. I don't know enough about that yet.

Anyway, I could be talking out of my ass, but that's the way I see it in a logical format.

----------

Edit: Reviewed the SnapVRS website closely. In their FAQ, they state you can use the telephone line for "voice only" calls on the PVP-1000. To make SnapVRS calls, you need to have a high speed internet connection. So, that means that dialing "711" is just having another directory server that has SnapVRS's centers as 711, not actually dialing 711. Confusing before, clear now.

They state nothing about the PVP-900 which states that audio calls can be made as well, but only has a ethernet connection. Confusing, but not addressed on SnapVRS's website.

SnapVRS states that you can travel and yet you can still keep the same phone number. This again, confirms there has to be some kind of directory server like the VP and i2eye then, except now, you're probably paying $15 a month for it. No thanks.

xentra said:
Main page Snap VRS!
http://www.snapvrs.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Getting started! :
http://www.snapvrs.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=7&Itemid=47

Deaf and hard-of-hearing applicants (FREE VP & FREE FULL SETUP UR PLACE):
TRYOUT!:
http://www.snapvrs.com/index.php?option=com_philaform&app_id=3

This free OjO is only for local USA! Why not GO TRY OjO to see what compare with Sorenson!
Go tryout! :cheers:

How else can I use Ojo?
Since Ojo uses your same home or office phone number, your friends, family and co-workers can call you and leave a video message at anytime. The Ojo holds 20 minutes of video messages so you will never miss another important call. You can also place direct calls to anyone with an Ojo. Hearing friends and family members of Snap!VRS subscribers may purchase an Ojo – currently only $349 with a $150 mail-in rebate - and subscribe to the Ojo Service . That way, the Snap!VRS subscribers may also share the Ojo experience with friends and loved ones. Monthly subscritption cost for friends and family is $14.95 and includes unlimited worldwide Ojo-to-Ojo video calls with video messaging.

You need read careful.

diehardbiker65 said:

Quit make up. You still THINK of old technology again. (TTY and FAX)

IP address work everything unlike phone line.

VPS to netmeeting are work and no problem because IP protocol take care everything same idea Windows,Mac, Linux, UNIX, etc.. work thru same protocal internet.

Neo said:
VPS to netmeeting are work and no problem because IP protocol take care everything same idea Windows,Mac, Linux, UNIX, etc.. work thru same protocal internet.

Netmeeting uses the H.323 protocol.

VPs use the H.323 protocol.

The Ojo uses the H.264 protocol. H.323 and H.264 are not the same. Boult's analogy is exactly correct. You cannot send a fax to a TTY and expect the TTY to print out the words sent to you via fax. Neither could you understand me if I tried to sign to you in person in British Sign Language, or Swedish Sign Language, or Japanese Sign Language, and you only understood ASL. You could see me sign, but you'd not understand a word I said.

That's the same issue that a VPs to Ojo call would face -- video compression methods are NOT the same, nor is all video compatible with each other. They would be speaking different languages, and no one would see any video on their screens Thus is the case with H.323 and H.264.

A quote from D-Link's i2eye website:
http://www.i-2-eye.com/faqs.html

"i2eye is based on the ITU H.323 industry standard, which is a video streaming protocol from the International Telecommunication Union's (ITU), which defines communications between multimedia devices. This ensures that any H.323 compliant device will communicate together seamlessly. i2eye is a broadband appliance that draws from D-Link's sixteen years of experience as a leading Ethernet manufacturer. The i2eye is also compatable with Microsoft® NetMeeting."

You notice that the SnapVRS FAQ doesn't address anything to do with calling other videophones. I would bet that they know this is a frequently asked question but won't answer it because they don't want anyone else to know that it is a problem.

Dennis said:
Netmeeting uses the H.323 protocol.

VPs use the H.323 protocol.

The Ojo uses the H.264 protocol. H.323 and H.264 are not the same. Boult's analogy is exactly correct. You cannot send a fax to a TTY and expect the TTY to print out the words sent to you via fax. Neither could you understand me if I tried to sign to you in person in British Sign Language, or Swedish Sign Language, or Japanese Sign Language, and you only understood ASL. You could see me sign, but you'd not understand a word I said.

That's the same issue that a VPs to Ojo call would face -- video compression methods are NOT the same, nor is all video compatible with each other. They would be speaking different languages, and no one would see any video on their screens Thus is the case with H.323 and H.264.

A quote from D-Link's i2eye website:
http://www.i-2-eye.com/faqs.html

"i2eye is based on the ITU H.323 industry standard, which is a video streaming protocol from the International Telecommunication Union's (ITU), which defines communications between multimedia devices. This ensures that any H.323 compliant device will communicate together seamlessly. i2eye is a broadband appliance that draws from D-Link's sixteen years of experience as a leading Ethernet manufacturer. The i2eye is also compatable with Microsoft® NetMeeting."

You notice that the SnapVRS FAQ doesn't address anything to do with calling other videophones. I would bet that they know this is a frequently asked question but won't answer it because they don't want anyone else to know that it is a problem.
YOu are confusing me and neo eh.. :D

H.323 is telephony and video-conferencing protocol

H.264 is video CODEC (compression & decompression)

Now pay attention

VP/DVC use H.263 (not H.323 :D ) CODEC

OjO use H.264 CODEC

and both H.263 and H.264 are "MPEG-4" based but Part 2 and Part 10 so

H.263(MPEG-4 Part 2) is a low latency video codec. H.264(MPEG-4 Part 10) the current standard replacing the H.263 which give higher resolution at low latency.

Now as for "telephony and video-conferencing protocol"

VP/DVC use H.323 OR (pay attention, I said OR) SIP depending on situation. when one use "phone nbr" it will be SIP but only connect to VP/DVC's propriety directory server meaning "can't call other SIP that don't use VP/DVC's directory server UNLESS a SIP based videophone or videoconferencing software is configure to connect to VP's directory which is mentioned in this at bottom;http://www.tdi-online.org/tdi/fs_videorelayservices.html (it does not say it belong to sorenson.com but when i did the whois lookup, it belonged to Sorenson.com)

Now VP/DVC is able to make a point to point using ip address by the way of H.323 protocol so that mean virtually any software or hardware that employ H.323 protocol but need to have same CODEC (i.e. H.263 for VP/DVC)

Now both DVC/VP and OjO use QCIF for video resolution
As per VP-100 Manual
Video
Up to 30fps CIF (352 x 288 pixels), QCIF (176 x 144)
Automatic brightness control

what QCIF means is this:
QCIF (Quarter Common Intermediate Format): An intermediate video format.
QCIF resolution is 176x144. The Sorenson VP-100 sends QCIF-sized
video only if the remote endpoint cannot decode CIF.

So in the end, If both OjO and VP/DVC can make a SIP call session then it is possible that OjO can make a connection with VP/DVC that is if OjO's h.264 is backward compatible with VP/DVC's H.263

That's all.

Although OjO's website did say they are working on making it possible to call other videophone that is not OjO. see nbr 4; http://www.ojoservices.com/help/

OKAY? :deal:

No, Im not making it up, your the one who did! You forgot what I am trying to explain... Both TTY and fax have their own PROTOCOL!!!, no two different protocol would be able to commuinicate each other! That is the point! OJO uses different protocol that Sorenson and Dlink uses! Sorenson and Dlink use same protocol that is why there is no problem!

IP address have NOTHING to do with protocol itself.

Boult explained better than I do, but he is right! You note that Ojo is working on compatibing with Sorenson/Dlink and other VP.. I doubt they would have any success because of possible copyright issues.

Neo said:
Quit make up. You still THINK of old technology again. (TTY and FAX)

IP address work everything unlike phone line.

:cool2: Videophone device brand name motorola OjO & Server! Other provider WorldGate’s Ojo uses the broadband Internet infrastructure to transmit and receive video calls, they contract with motorola system's device!
IF After 1 st july all providers vrs agree with any VRS sharing dial to!
I think that :Owned: sorenson! will last project VP-200 for no longer made device ( i m not sure but will see what happen!)!!! During after 1 st july! They FCC give $ any VRS Providers! and FCC want see who best service FAST!
All ohter P.VRS use I2eye that was made device by Sorenson!
it already DN discontinue dvc-1000, But D-link told me they will remafacture dvc-1000 :|

Boult said:
It is not Motorola anymore. It's WorldGate now http://www.wgate.com/

and it is NOT free as per this page at bottom; you have to purchase the device and pay the monthly service fee;
http://www.snapvrs.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=6&Itemid=65

:whistle: read carefully!

since VP-100 is SIP or H.323 complaint and OjO is only SIP based device (communication not codec)

OjO use H.264 video codec while VP-100/DVC-1000 use H.263 but both use QCIF video protocol so should not be a problem. See other thread I posted regarding "streaming"

Back