Go college for free

I like Sweden's educatoin system. They give free universities, colleges, high school etc etc. Hearing, deaf, hard of hearing, no matter.. they give F-R-E-E. You only have to pay for materials like books and calculator. That is every student's dream.

Newsweek magazine once stated that Sweden leads the world in information, education, medicine, communication technology development and Internet maturity... :/

Well Being Journal stated that lead the world in health is their next goal. Sweden university is more likely my choice to transfer than anywhere in America but I need to visit and stay at one of friends' place during summer to see how it is for me. If I do feel happy or Sweden and its culture satisfy my needs, I move out of America and become a citizen there. Also since I am half Swedish so I will feel more "home" at there than in America. I absolute love cold winter (snowboard freak) so it is perfect place for me.

Stockholm university here I come..

javapride said:
intresting i have the similar siutation in california only thing is was BORN in california so i was still excempt from having to pay for my tution cuz i had the pell grant, and BOGG grant too so i basically was going to college for free the books and food had to pay for myself ofc, nothing new abt that, VR did all the paying on the books, i just bought the books brought the recipt they reimbursed me for buying the books, I also just had to make sure i had all interps paid for and etc under the BOGG and DSS so i wouldn't have to pay for that, AND i also made sure my notetaker was willing to do this as per her creditablity for future jobs if need for secretarial jobs, which helps some so basically the only thing i did was PAY for FOOD! :)
I cursed myself for born in east instead of California.. .-. I moved in California when I was 5 years old.

Magatsu said:
I like Sweden's educatoin system. They give free universities, colleges, high school etc etc. Hearing, deaf, hard of hearing, no matter.. they give F-R-E-E. You only have to pay for materials like books and calculator. That is every student's dream.

Newsweek magazine once stated that Sweden leads the world in information, education, medicine, communication technology development and Internet maturity... :/

Well Being Journal stated that lead the world in health is their next goal. Sweden university is more likely my choice to transfer than anywhere in America but I need to visit and stay at one of friends' place during summer to see how it is for me. If I do feel happy or Sweden and its culture satisfy my needs, I move out of America and become a citizen there. Also since I am half Swedish so I will feel more "home" at there than in America. I absolute love cold winter (snowboard freak) so it is perfect place for me.

Stockholm university here I come..

I cursed myself for born in east instead of California.. .-. I moved in California when I was 5 years old.

Looks like we'll be neighbors then. :thumb: I live in Norway right now.

Awesome. I would like to ask you several questions about Norway thru PM later tonight (my time) if you don't mind..

Last edited:
Do you know any other college in which state offer for disability attend to college without charge? (Without VR)

I'm one in Texas under DARS that can provide me to college without charge. Only I pay the supplies.

Do you know any other college in which state offer for disability attend to college without charge? (Without VR)

I'm one in Texas under DARS that can provide me to college without charge. Only I pay the supplies.
You mean DARS pays for college and you pay for supplies?

Waivers and Exemptions from College Tuition & Fees

A student may be eligible for a tuition waiver or be exempted from paying any tuition for certain college courses if he or she meets particular criteria. Below you will find a chart that shows programs for which you may be eligible.

PLEASE NOTE: The college cannot award exemptions and waivers for Continuing Education Courses for which the college does not receive funding from the state. If a continuing education course is state-funded, the following exemptions and waivers may apply. If not, no exemptions or waivers may be granted.

Reduction of Tuition and/or Fees for Texas Residents
(Not based on financial need)
Criteria for eligibility Tuition and/or Fees Waived
Restrictions on Use Type of Institution What Student Must Do
Students receiving AFDC/TANF benefits during senior year of high school. Exemption from payment of tuition and fees.
Student must start using exemption within 12 months of high school graduation. Can be used for only one year.
Public high school graduates only. No GED, private high school or home-study students. All public institutions. Student must provide registrar of institution with proof of having been on AFDC/TANF for at least six months of year of high school graduation.
Student must be younger than 22.
Students who are blind or deaf. Exempted from payment of tuition and all fees. All public institutions Student must provide registrar with certification of blind or deaf condition from Texas Rehabilitation Commission, Texas Commission for the Blind, or Texas Commission for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired
Children of disabled/ deceased firemen and peace officers. Exempted from payment of all dues, fees and charges other than property deposits or fees/charges for lodging, board or clothing

Student must apply for exemption prior to 21st birthday. All public institutions. Student must acquire form letter parent's prior employer is to submit by contacting Coordinating Board at following address:
Angela Crowder, Box 12788, Austin TX 78711-2788 or 1-800-242-3062, ext 6344.
Prior employer must then submit letter to Coordinating Board along with documentation.
The Coordinating Board will then send the college registrar a letter indicating the student's eligibility.

NOTE: As of 1999, award can be transferred freely if student transfers among public institutions in Texas.
Dual-Enrolled Students (high school students enrolled in college courses for which the student may receive joint credit (high school and college). Exemption from tuition and fees. Public junior/community colleges. College must have an agreement with the school district in which the high school student is enrolled.

NOTE: This may apply to nonresident and foreign students attending high school in the district.
Early high school graduates. Exemption from tuition only.

Cumulative total may not exceed $1000 in tuition.
May not be used for remedial courses. All public and independent institutions. High school counselor must send letter certifying student's eligibility to the Coordinating Board at the following address:
Sheryl McGlory, Box 12788, Austin TX 78711-2788.

Coordinating Board will then notify the college financial aid office that the student is eligible.

If tuition in first semester does not exceed $1000, student may receive balance in subsequent semesters. Independent institution students may receive state funds only if school agrees to match state award.
Students in foster or other residential care. Exemption from tuition and fees.

Student must enroll within 3 years of the earliest of the following dates:
the date the student was discharged from foster or other residential care; the date the student graduated from high school or received an equivalency degree; or the student's 21st birthday. All public institutions. Student must provide the college registrar's office proof of having been in foster care or other residential care under the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services on or after the day preceding the student's 18th birthday; the day of the day of the student's 14th birthday, if the student was also eligible for adoption on or after that day; or the day the student graduated from high school or received the equivalent of a high school degree.

NOTE: Once in the program, the benefit appears to continue indefinitely. There is no limit in the statute.
Children of Texas veterans who were killed in action or died while in service, or whose death is documented to be directly caused by illness or injury connected with service in the armed forces of the United States. Exempted from payment of all dues, fees and charges, including fees for correspondence courses but excluding property deposit fees, student services fees and fees for lodging, board and clothing. All public institutions. Student must provide registrar's office official documentation from the military indicating eligibility.

May not be used for continuing education courses for which the school does not receive state formula funding except by express choice by the institution's board.

May not be used for correspondence courses unless those courses are a part of the student's degree plan.
Valedictorians of accredited Texas high schools. Exempted from tuition only.

Applies during first two regular semesters following high school graduation.
Must be used within two years of high school graduation, except with the institution's president's permission. All public institutions. Student must provide registrar documentation that student was highest-ranking graduate of an accredited high school in Texas.
Certificate is issued by Texas Education Agency (512 463-9637).
If certificate is lost, a new one may be obtained through the high school or TEA. A letter from the high school principal or superintendent may serve as proof of eligibility.
Military personnel stationed in Texas, their spouses and children. Waiver of nonresident tuition. All public institutions. Student must provide college registrar's office documentation from the military of eligibility at least once per year. Paperwork is to be signed by an appropriate authority at the base.

NOTE: Only applies to US Armed Forces stationed in Texas.

For more information on many of these programs, please go to Texas Legislature Online and then to Legislative Resources>Texas Statutes>Education Code>Title 3>Subtitle A> Chapter 54.

You can also get more information on some of these programs at the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board website at: THECB > Home Page - Click on "For Universities:, then to THECB Rules and Regulations>Student Services.

My college wasn't free. I worked my rear end off, holding down 2 or 3 jobs at the same time while I attended school full-time.

We don't unless you turn age of 18 and out of foster care system. Free college. public or private. I am used be a foster child.

Try Cooper Union, it's a funded (fully scholarship) private school. The majors they have at CU are art, architecture, science and engineering. I forgot if there's any more but very few. Oh and it's in NYC! :mrgreen:

lol only if you're a very very gifted student, then you may have a shot. It has only less than 1,000 students. extremely difficult to get in than Harvard and MIT.

i know eupro is free college! lucky them.. but in usa.. there is only one state .. it is tx..
i wish usa copy eurp then almost everyone will be happier.. i dont know if that will be like that.. it would be nice all colleges are free in usa..

i know eupro is free college! lucky them.. but in usa.. there is only one state .. it is tx..
i wish usa copy eurp then almost everyone will be happier.. i dont know if that will be like that.. it would be nice all colleges are free in usa..

Really? Just in Texas? No other state they have similar one? :-/

I'm in Tennessee and we have a similiar program. With proof of hearing loss or any other disability, tution is capped at $75 a semester. It does not cover anything but classes. It is only for Tennessee residents and only for public Tennessee colleges. It saved me so much money. I used it for the last two years of my BA and for my MA.

I have Pell Grant and Scholarship. I talked to Financial Aid and discuss how to support. Finanical Aid know to help me alot.

That where I go Gallaudet University! :D

I'm in Tennessee and we have a similiar program. With proof of hearing loss or any other disability, tution is capped at $75 a semester. It does not cover anything but classes. It is only for Tennessee residents and only for public Tennessee colleges. It saved me so much money. I used it for the last two years of my BA and for my MA.

Wow, I'm glad to hear that one. It's cheap. Can't complain.

Back