Giving and Receiving Constructive Criticism

ASLGAL

Reaction score
Although the thread this came up in was closed I did not see where the topic was the reason, so....

D/deaf are often dumbfounded to hear someone say "Please, correct me if you see something wrong". That is exactly the way I approached my first time SSP'ing with just a little skill. Many of the D/deaf-Deafblind were astonished that I was actually asking for their correction and advice.

I believe it is a gift to both receive constructive criticism and give contructive criticism.

I have stated that in several of my post whenever I am not sure of something I am stating about. I think people who do that are not afraid to receive constructive criticism and open to learning. I applaud whoever is not afraid to be open to that. As for people who aren't, no comment.

Many people simply cannot handle it, even though it is good for growth. Their loss.

I definitely agree! :thumb: You can't fix something if you don't know it's broken. One time after a class assignment, the teacher said it was good. It almost felt weird not to get some advice for improvement. I prefer to get criticism over no criticism, can always find room for improvement. :)

Back