Give your Doggie a Massage?

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Remembering when I had a Daschound....long body and small legs...and when she began to have back problems, that's when I started gently massaging her back...often....She loved it....Now I have a Pomeranian and I do the same .... she actually "begs for it". Think its good and keeps the back healthy.

Yes most animals love to get good massages. One of my cats loved it when I massaged his back.

Finlay loved getting a good massage , Marty does too , he like to cuddle more. Marty will go lay on our the bed and made himself they cute looking and wait for me to join him. If I do not go in the bedroom he will come out of the room and poke his head around the corner and say " Aren't you coming to bed yet?" It's good to massage a dog that has arthritis , Finlay had it in his hips and a massage help him relaxed.

Remembering when I had a Daschound....long body and small legs...and when she began to have back problems, that's when I started gently massaging her back...often....She loved it....Now I have a Pomeranian and I do the same .... she actually "begs for it". Think its good and keeps the back healthy.
My partner was a massage therapist who taught anatomy and physiology to students after she graduated. She's no dummy. She gave all our kids massages (kitties and Marcus is the end of our line of corgis). It seems to help them. But likely, she also uses cranio-sacral therapy on them now as well. Yup, it helps.

We had a hooded rat. No arguments, they make good pets :) !!! My partner and my old sis could turn Syd on her back and do something to her so she'd go into what appeared to be a ratatonic state (catatonic, of course). We all called it rat magic and even that helped. Syd used to play rat and cat, too (chasing cats, trying to drag Magic's tail under a couch - that didn't work because Mag was attached to it). We have great memories of all of them.

My next door neighbor is a massage therapist. She did massage my first Rottweiler Maxine. I plan to have her massage my current Rottweiler Zeus when snow goes away. Zeus will love all those attention he gets being massaged.

Yes, massage is great for dogs. One of my senior rescues benefitted greatly from massage, chiropractic adjustments and acupuncture.

Back