"Give Up"

athleticandy88

Reaction score
I like to be so Perseverance about things but hearing aids really do make me upset, I'm happy when they work because I can hear what goes on but other then that It sucks when they don't work. I really don't know what to do afterwards later-on in the future!

I mean seriously, it just seems like a waste to wear if I have to send them in daily, and if thats the case I should just not wear them and get use to not wearing them and learn more knowledge of reading lips which I can do about 38% of the time out of 50. :dunno:

Maybe you should be more careful with them and give them more attention and not be too harsh to them and they will last longer than you know it.

sequoias said:
Maybe you should be more careful with them and give them more attention and not be too harsh to them and they will last longer than you know it.

Yep,you're right.. I've been wearing my old analog ha since July 1996.. still works :)

I guess the question is... WHY do you have to send in your aids in for repairs all the time?

Are you active? How old are you? Do you have the right type of aid for your lifestyle?

I have had the same hearing aid for well over 10 years... it is a bit worn down and is strictly a backup if needed, however it has lasted that long. Like any minature electronic equipment. Care needs to be given!. Don't give up since I do think aids are a benefit for people that can wear them ( to be able to interact in the hearing world a bit better ) however if you despise them that much... just "bite the bullet" and go full deaf etc.

~M~

I hope you have better luck in the future with your HA's. I had two sets that lasted me 10 years for each set.

ecevit said:
Yep,you're right.. I've been wearing my old analog ha since July 1996.. still works :)
i've worn mine since 1997 till 2006.... it just now recently broke and had to get new ones. it worked for me for a long good while. they told me to get new hearings aids every 2 years but i got lucky and my old ones worked fine....... :) depends on how you take good care of them!

AnotherDeafGuy said:
I guess the question is... WHY do you have to send in your aids in for repairs all the time?

Are you active? How old are you? Do you have the right type of aid for your lifestyle?

I have had the same hearing aid for well over 10 years... it is a bit worn down and is strictly a backup if needed, however it has lasted that long. Like any minature electronic equipment. Care needs to be given!. Don't give up since I do think aids are a benefit for people that can wear them ( to be able to interact in the hearing world a bit better ) however if you despise them that much... just "bite the bullet" and go full deaf etc.

~M~

Yes I'm active, I run cross-country & track and Field and I'm 18 year old going into my senior year next year and do I have the right type of aids, i'm not too sure I have phonak digitals. ill keep trying don't worry!

I feel for you! I used to have a LOT of problems with mine due to being active as well in the martial arts. Having to dry out the aid during the night etc. Finally I just said the hell with it and now I train without the aid in during training. Big deal if I can't hear. I'll still kick their asses! :)

Good luck!

~M~

AnotherDeafGuy said:
Big deal if I can't hear. I'll still kick their asses! :)

Good luck!~M~

LMAO... Good for you man!! Maybe you could look into newer ones. Technology advances quite rapidly and perhaps there are more reliable and more durable ones out there now... Maybe even sweat proof so you can wear em whilst you are kicking ass!! :slap:

Back