Girl get Flesh Eating Bacteria from cleaning Fish Tank!

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

That's not good there. :-/

I would not worry about that. The article said she had a scrape on her hand, which, allowed bacteria to get in the tissues. Had it not been for the injury, this probably would not have happened. What I WOULD DO is wear gloves while cleaning the tank. That's something we all should consider when cleaning our pets areas; regardless of what type of pet we have.

I would not worry about that. The article said she had a scrape on her hand, which, allowed bacteria to get in the tissues. Had it not been for the injury, this probably would not have happened. What I WOULD DO is wear gloves while cleaning the tank. That's something we all should consider when cleaning our pets areas; regardless of what type of pet we have.

I always have cut scrapes on my hands so this is why I would not have fish again!

Never had a problem and we've had fish tanks for years....and yeah, I wear rubber gloves and use a strong detergent w/bleach to clean my tanks...and rinse them very, very well.

Never had a problem and we've had fish tanks for years....and yeah, I wear rubber gloves and use a strong detergent w/bleach to clean my tanks...and rinse them very, very well.

I never used a detergent in my fish tank. My fish live for 8 years when I have them. I get goldfish. I do have treat the water as it awful!

We clean our tanks every month or 2 ...goldfish are nasty!...Ours grew very large....and after thoroughly cleaning the tank, we use the water hose to rinse it again and again...never leaving any detergent or cleaning solution in that tank, as it's harmful to the fish......We also use "StartRight" for the clean new water and wait about 10 minutes before putting the fish back in.

Never had a problem, we don't overfeed or give them "shrimp" as some people do, as it smells the tank up....

We clean our tanks every month or 2 ...goldfish are nasty!...Ours grew very large....and after thoroughly cleaning the tank, we use the water hose to rinse it again and again...never leaving any detergent or cleaning solution in that tank, as it's harmful to the fish......We also use "StartRight" for the clean new water and wait about 10 minutes before putting the fish back in.

Never had a problem, we don't overfeed or give them "shrimp" as some people do, as it smells the tank up....

I was told not to change all the water in the tank , I was going this and the guy in the pet store said it bad to change all water .

Well, whenever we take the fish out of the tank, we put them into another smaller tank with some of the old water....(just enuf for them to swim around in and over their heads)....afterwards, we pour them back into the clean tank....But seems to me, leaving a tank half full, even a 1/3 full of old water is gonna "smell" after awhile,and look "cloudy".

I've never had a problem with our fish.

Exactly...

I saw an episode on Discovery Health that talked about a guy and the same thing happened to him. He cut his hand then cleaned the tank, he had a specific type of "tropical" fish, and he got bacteria in his hand.

hand dirty cause your sick something flu warned on bacteria bad health reason prevent bacteria

Back