Girl, 3, wakes up during her own funeral

um, no
factually, im not intensifying something kooky or what,
i did death and dying as a post-grad paper a few years ago.
it is reported that in developed world, there is much less incidence of 'the death accidently wakes up from the dead', as like 'reflex' but at a much more mesmerising form, like talking or requesting then drop back dead right soon after...these sorts of thing occured more in the west in the distant past, like before 1850-1900s im not sure...
i didnt read about this 'freak occurance in detail' as during time of my study it was all go-go and go, i covered hollywood depiction of death, funeral industry (embalming was in there but i skimped most of it, apart from its 'cost' and invention of embalming was apparently during the Civil war in USA...(because in those days it took days/weeks to transport bodies back to homes for the funeral to take place...)...also another topic i covered was the question of whether funerals was for the living or for the dead....

never mind..
but yes im not kidding....
you see....if you watch 'news' of these freaks, it IS usually in those less developed countries whereas embalming is not common...so the body 're-animating' occurs , some too some bewildering levels like talking and requestiing for water, or calling out for mums, etc...it SEEMS REAL like came-back-alive, indeed it would be shocking and in awe so indeed people who there would witness such as a 'miracle' but the window of oppurtunity for science to tap-in and find out what really when on...is impossible....circumstances, body changed too quick for any measures to take place....
so
im not kidding
try google about it , and then you'd realise i wasn't talking bullshit about the link of embalming and 'coming alive again' ....
but anyway i dont care if you dont agree, nothing will change that, it arent gonna hurt me lol

i was just sharing a wee bit of what im aware of, and it is obsure, mainly that I haven't delved in this are much, to be clear, it wasn't part of any essay questions in the paper i was doing. 700-level Death and Dying...

anywayz
l

all sorts of things can happen,i don't know if this true but this kid in IT and he kept going into defib he would see it on monitor jump off bed get far as door and collape apparently it happened quite often but myth more likely

I am very happy and sure the family is very happy to have the little girl alive! Again, thank goodness they didn't follow typical procedure in this case!

She was never alive. There's a bit of info in one of the links I posted earlier. She really did die, and they were told to "bury her as soon as possible" after it was shown that indeed she had been dead all that time. Probably becuase she was starting to decompose.

If my partner wants to bury me, I'm going to ask that he skip embalming and just do a natural burial somewhere. Embalming doesn't prevent decomposition anyway, it just slows it down and allows for a funeral. Bodies rot, period. You won't bury someone and two years later open a grave and find the body looking like it did when you put it in the grave.

When Lincoln was sent around the country so people could see and mourn him, he had to be embalmed many times. That and the Civil War are what made people in the US start to use embalming so much. With the war it was a way for people to see their loved ones one more time.

I would hazard a guess that more countries don't embalm than countries that do embalm. I sometimes wonder if the Jewish and Muslim stipulations to be buried within 24 hours has to do with just getting bodies into the ground before they start to rot and cause disease.

She was never alive. There's a bit of info in one of the links I posted earlier. She really did die, and they were told to "bury her as soon as possible" after it was shown that indeed she had been dead all that time. Probably becuase she was starting to decompose.

If my partner wants to bury me, I'm going to ask that he skip embalming and just do a natural burial somewhere. Embalming doesn't prevent decomposition anyway, it just slows it down and allows for a funeral. Bodies rot, period. You won't bury someone and two years later open a grave and find the body looking like it did when you put it in the grave.

When Lincoln was sent around the country so people could see and mourn him, he had to be embalmed many times. That and the Civil War are what made people in the US start to use embalming so much. With the war it was a way for people to see their loved ones one more time.

I would hazard a guess that more countries don't embalm than countries that do embalm. I sometimes wonder if the Jewish and Muslim stipulations to be buried within 24 hours has to do with just getting bodies into the ground before they start to rot and cause disease.

yup, you got it...you're right it just slows the decomposing down...i forgot to mention that but like yes that makes total sense

Well in that case I'll change my living will to state NO embalming maybe I'll sit up during my own funeral and ask for water saying "It's hot as hell in hell!!" then fall back over :laugh2:

Back