Gifts

Feisty..

Honestly, I'm not a religious person, but If i were invited to a one like this or for any religious things or party.. I actually never thought of saving bond.. I think the saving bond would be a very great idea for a child to have it. that way it helped them to learn how to save it and how to investigate on bonds in future.. I screw mine up when i got saving bonds from work. and use it (according to my ex bf we need money so badly.. sigh)

so.. I shouldn't do that, i should have saved it for many years then use it when I get older.. now i have no saving bonds.. SAD!

my kids doesn't have one, I should get something for them. I'm sure they will be thankful. I would use these for their "special stuffs or gifts"
but for giving to another people who ask for money such as this confirmations or so. if they want money. then give them saving bonds.

Most people would specific tell people on what they want..

when I went to a parents discuss meeting at camp sunshine. One of the parents mention their daughter or son would have birthday party.. on a invitations request their daughter or son want her to write down "in request for gifts, don't buy me anything, donation would be preferences" (they will tell you were to donate it to) I thought that was a wonderful idea too! some people may feel eekk about these thing but.. if thats what a child want to.. that will brings a better researches, investments in futures etc...

Wendy

Generally, would you (pek1) give a bond to your friend's son?

If I was close to the family . . . yes. I would get the child's social security number from the parents and explain what I am doing. If they say "cash only," under my breath I would say, "get a job!" The child would only receive a card from me and no money. If I still wanted to get something, I'd get a gift card at a store that the child is interested in shopping at, not the store of my choice. The child knows what he or she needs . . . wants, actually.

. . . when I went to a parents' discussion meeting at camp sunshine, one of the parent's mentioned their daughter or son would have birthday party. On the invitation, as mentioned by their daughter or son, "in lieu of gifts, a donation would be preferred" (they will tell you where to donate). I thought that was a wonderful idea! Some people may feel eekk about these things, but, if that's what a child wants to do, then this would be better for the future, etc. (pek1's edit)

Wendy

I will go along with this, as there are some kids that actually would do this. Kudos to them! :bowdown: :thumb:

If I was close to the family . . . yes. I would get the child's social security number from the parents and explain what I am doing. If they say "cash only," under my breath I would say, "get a job!" The child would only receive a card from me and no money. If I still wanted to get something, I'd get a gift card at a store that the child is interested in shopping at, not the store of my choice. The child knows what he or she needs . . . wants, actually.

Here if I do that getting SSN from a minor then I have to claim it on my income tax since I bought it for them (I think) soo something to think about Feisty...(I could be wrong how your US tax works)

As well I don't think they would want to give their kid's SSN maybe like others say give them money and requested to get them bonds for themselves easier way I think..

Thanks Pek1.. i would have see that on a inviations cards usually but at that time parents were saying in exchanges in verbal smile..

I think it is very kudos idea too!

Wendy

Not Bond its usually with Family but just Give American express Card gift ok :):)

Good luck!

Here if I do that getting SSN from a minor then I have to claim it on my income tax since I bought it for them (I think) soo something to think about Feisty...(I could be wrong how your US tax works)

As well I don't think they would want to give their kid's SSN maybe like others say give them money and requested to get them bonds for themselves easier way I think..

You don't need to get kids' ssn. Just request to get bond and put kid name on it.
In fact, you cannot claim a kid on your income tax if you buy a saving bond. Then it is a tax fraud.
Kids must live with you more than 6 months, then you may claim them on income tax.

Back