Gifts

FeistyChick

Reaction score
HI!

it has been a while since i have been here! :D

i need your feedback... a friend's son had his first communion...
she said most people tend to give money... but i was wondering if we could get him a bond so that the value and interest of the bond "accrues (sp?)>>> grows" by the time he is in college? or does it have to be money only??? :confused:

Yes, You could give him a Government bond, It doesn't always have to be money, people usual buy gifts that are related to communion like bible for First Communion age children, cross, etc.

Yes, You could give him a Government bond, It doesn't always have to be money, people usual buy gifts that are related to communion like bible for First Communion age children, cross, etc.

thanks cheri...
really? that it doesn't always have to be money? cuz she told me that it must be money for events like this... that's why i had to ask for feedback to be sure! :D

thanks cheri...
really? that it doesn't always have to be money? cuz she told me that it must be money for events like this... that's why i had to ask for feedback to be sure! :D

You're welcome, Yep really, both of my nieces, my younger sister, and younger brother all did not get money only, they got gifts, money and saving bonds. ;)

No, it does not have to be the way to give him the money because, for sake, it is only a child. Also, please don't do it for outside the family.

It would be great if you give him some gift items. (Even, for outside family as neighbors and friends.)

If you have a son, you could give him a bond when he graduates a high school or college. Or, give your son for 50 dollars (?) when he finishes his HS.

Last spring, I gave my neighbor a 25 dollars with a card and a book for his high school graduation. It's because he is 17 years old.

she told me that it must be money for events like this...

The mother said this to you, FeistyChick? :shock: Man, talk about a lack of class and then telling you cash only! :roll: The US Bond would be a fantastic idea, especially since it'll shut the mother up.

For First Communion, money and saving bonds are often the most popular gifts but however some would just give them a " gift " such as a prayer books, cross or rosaries, jewery box and etc....I personally would have given them a saving bond where they could use it for college, a car, or whatever they wishes to buy...I think saving bonds is a good gifts than money cause we don't know for sure if the parents are actually saving the money for them or spend it for something else...:dunno:

Money is not nessecary.
Saving Bond is a great idea, but slowly to grow each year within interest.

I got saving bond for my high school graduation, and still have it. Pffftttt

The mother said this to you, FeistyChick? :shock: Man, talk about a lack of class and then telling you cash only! :roll: The US Bond would be a fantastic idea, especially since it'll shut the mother up.

FeistyChick stated,

"i need your feedback... a friend's son had his first communion...
she said most people tend to give money... but i was wondering if we could get him a bond."

She said about a child.

A kid turns into a teenager, and it is very likely that he will cash it without thinking for his future. Right?

FeistyChick stated,

"i need your feedback... a friend's son had his first communion...
she said most people tend to give money... but i was wondering if we could get him a bond."

She said about a child.

A kid turns into a teenager, and it is very likely that he will cash it without thinking for his future. Right?

No. I had to go back and reread the entire thread over again. Okay, webexplorer, she said her friend has a son who is having his first communion. The friend (female) said cash only to FeistyChick, the son did not say this. The bond would be for the child.

By the way, FeistyChick, welcome back! The last time, I think, you were here, you were about to get married. How's married life? :)

No. I had to go back and reread the entire thread over again. Okay, webexplorer, she said her friend has a son who is having his first communion. The friend (female) said cash only to FeistyChick, the son did not say this. The bond would be for the child.

I didn't understand her statement because it was vague. You might be right. I was hoping that she would refrain her sentences. Of course, the son didn't say that because he is a child. The bond would be given to her son when he finishes or enter a college - I assume that it would be good.

Generally, would you (pek1) give a bond to your friend's son?

thanks cheri...

I think a bond would be great but here you must cash it in 10 years... depending on the bond policy. She probably wanted money to pay for the communion when I surely agree about the mother expecting only cash has no class (just guessing here)..

Bonds I would give to my relatives not my friends depending how close if family friend sure...

HI!

it has been a while since i have been here! :D

i need your feedback... a friend's son had his first communion...
she said most people tend to give money... but i was wondering if we could get him a bond so that the value and interest of the bond "accrues (sp?)>>> grows" by the time he is in college? or does it have to be money only??? :confused:

Yes there´re very common to give card enclosed money to communion and confirmation children like this. I find your suggestion about bond is also good one as well. They know automatic that the confirmed and communion get money in congrat card.

You can see 2 different links in my thread about my son and confirmation. My son was confirmed last April.

http://www.alldeaf.com/pictures-videos/41951-my-son-his-confirmation.html

My son collect money from neighbors, friends and relative enclosed cards to congrat him... He wait for summer special offer then he is going to buy mountain bike with confirmation money. It´s his money, he can do what he likes. It´s good to see his wish to be fulfilling.

My opinion, it´s not necassary to give communion and confirmation children bible book, cross, etc. because they will not need many books, crosses, etc... The children got bible book, holy book, cross, etc. including money from their parents and some from priest which is good enough. Rest from relatives, friends, neighbors, etc is just congrat cards enclosed money. All what the confirmed and communion children do is send "thank you" cards enclosed the picture to everyone who congrats them with cards enclosed gifts, money and give homemade cakes to neighbors. I think your suggestion is good one about bond saving... My son do not need it because he already have 2 bond saving from me and his Grandparents until he is 18 years old then he can able to finance with money for driving liesecne or whatever.

Yes a great idea! I have done this with family members for gifts. The only problem I had was filling out the forms for SS# and personal information.

Saving bonds...Or you can ask his mom if he have a trust funds, you can deposit in his account? So that he cannot touch the money till he reach the age that his parent set up for him.

Back