Getting rid of the BMW ( updated with pictures of replacement car!)

FadedRose

Reaction score
As most of you know I own a 2007 BMW 328i sport sedan. I've only had it for five months but am no longer happy with it. the car was in an accident in which the sales person at carmax did not disclose to me. I found it on a carfax report but wasn't sure if I could get out from under the loan since I owe so much on it. Well...I did so continue reading!

I was looking to trade for a mazda rx-8. I'm a sports car kinda woman always have driven them so it was a shock for my friends and family to see me in a sedan.

Well, I went back to carmax and spoke with the manager, explained I was Deaf as well no issues there and told them that I was NOT happy with the service I've had and that they sold me a car without disclosing that it was in an accident. I also added in that the drivers side back door would not open ( it really wouldn't and didn't find this out until I tried to put my dog in the back seat, also the person who sold me the car my husband caught it but I didn't, he would not open that door, instead he'd open the passenger side door to let us in for a test drive, for one of us to get in the back seat) Also, the passenger side back window will not roll up after it goes all the way down, this I didn't find out until 3 weeks ago because I never let the windows down. My husband didn't think anything of the door issue in the lot until I mentioned it wouldn't open. We've delt with carmax before with good results and have always had honest service but not this time around. As a result of the accident, and the door and window issue, although I owe 22 grand on the car, carmax gave me 21 k for the car to buy back from me, and the warranty I have on the car is being put down as a down payment which is close to two grand which means the 1 grand that would have been added to the price of the car is NOT. I'm coming out EVEN on this deal and will not have to roll over anything from the BMW onto the price of the new car. the person who sold me the car is being fired, the person who inspected the car and passed it to be put on the lot is also being FIRED! I would have taken it in to get another one but was told by my father including my husband that I was stuck with the bad deal which is why it's taken me 5 months to just do it. I just got fed up making payments on it and I was NOT going to pay to have the issues fixed when it was sold to me in that condition, in which case the salesperson knew and the inspector knew but it flew under mangements radar some how.

So, with that said I will be getting my car sometime this week, it's the same year as the BMW a 2007 madza rx8, 40 k miles. Payments 325.00 a month for five years AND carmax paid the transfer fee for the car since they didn't have the one I wanted on their lot. Its coming from VA, we have not signed any papers yet and will not until we see the car, drive it. I already pulled up the carfax on it and it's as clean as a whistle. I'm just about speechless with what carmax did for me, giving me 21 k for my car that I owed 22k on is wow. That just doesn't happen I don't think. I did raise hell though. The manager of carmax was just fuming over what happened and he promised to make it right which I didn't really believe but when he came back with the offer and everything else...wow. I still have the BMW, I didn't sell it yet I just have the offer of the trade if anyone here has delt with carmax before you know that you can sell your car that day and not have a car to drive and take the money to use on another car at their place or another dealership)

I don't think I'll ever get another deal as good as this. I'm also less stressed out because I now have a car I can actually afford. The BMW although nice...really just wasn't me. I had a mishi GTS, Miata, BMW z4 and then the sedan? no.

Think I did good guys? Good deal? Bad deal? I've never done this by myself, I've always had my father or my husband go with me so to do this on my own I just feel great. It's a good feeling.

Pictures will come soon-depends on if it's up to snuff.

I'm so happy I was able to get out from under the massive debt that I owed and that carmax did what I don't think they'd do for someone else.
Maybe they were afraid I'd sue? I don't think my Deafness had anything to do with it but they sure did as hell accomodate me. I could not believe it. They used pen and paper if I couldn't understand, would let me read their lips, looked right at me...I'm just shocked I got this service.

Ok enough ranting! I'm just...gleeful I was able to pull this off. :giggle:

Last edited:
It sounds to me like you got a good deal in the end, it could have ended much worse for you

I have heard good things from Carmax. Boy, talk about great customer service! Sounds like they really did right for you.

As to whether the new car is a good deal or a bad deal, I don't know, but sounds like they did all they good to make it right, and especially to fire the guilty parties, is above and beyond what most dealers would do.

My "fun car" is a red Nissan 350Z convertible. Know where you're coming from in lovin' the sports cars, for sure.

My only "harumph" is that I don't think it's ever a good idea to be 5 years in debt for a car under any circumstances, but hey, it's your life. Hope you enjoy it.

I am envy of you. RX-8 is more fun to drive that most vehicles that have turbo charged engine!!

I have heard good things from Carmax. Boy, talk about great customer service! Sounds like they really did right for you.

As to whether the new car is a good deal or a bad deal, I don't know, but sounds like they did all they good to make it right, and especially to fire the guilty parties, is above and beyond what most dealers would do.

My "fun car" is a red Nissan 350Z convertible. Know where you're coming from in lovin' the sports cars, for sure.

My only "harumph" is that I don't think it's ever a good idea to be 5 years in debt for a car under any circumstances, but hey, it's your life. Hope you enjoy it.

I don't like being in debt either for 5 years but it's a choice that was the best to make based on the circumstances. At least when it's paid for I'll be able to afford to fix it if it breaks down. The BMW no. I got rid of the Z4 after having it for three years because I have Lupus and what's the point of having a conver if I cannot go in the sun? I could no longer let the top down because of it but it also started to have issues as well. I felt the pressure and stress of owning a BMW the cost of repairs that would be coming up was just too much.

I am so happy to be out from under that car. I LOVED my mishi eclipse GTS and when I test drove the RX8 I felt lighter literally and like I was in my niche that I found the car for me. I regret going for the BMW to begin with but we all must learn somewhere down the line.

it could have been worse as the previous poster stated-just wow. I still cannot believe I got this deal. :eek3:

My father doesn't even believe me LOL and wants to see the paperwork because according to him this just doesn't happen but I told him carmax wasn't like other places. I can't wait to prove him wrong!

The only thing about the rx8 is that is must be taken very well care of since it's a rotary engine. It's very different but my husband knows these cars and knows how to keep them up. His best friend has 3 rx7's and they worked on them years ago. I've read up on the car-even joined the rx8 club online a forum for car owners like I did when I got the BMW I joined the BMW forum. Hey I wanted that nissian you drive but they were too much :) I would have gone for one if they were in the 20's. The rx8 total cost for me with finance charges, warranty, tags, and more is 17 K. the sticker price was 16,599.00

:) ah....relieved, so relieved...man I wish I could just let all of you feel what I feel. It's great to be stress free......ah.

This car will be paid off and it'll be the first I've ever owned long enough to pay off. I refuse to go through this again.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Good luck burning lots of oil on the rx8, rotary engines are prone to oil eating appetite. I'm not most of someone who knows that you own a bmw.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Good luck burning lots of oil on the rx8, rotary engines are prone to oil eating appetite. I'm not most of someone who knows that you own a bmw.

:giggle: LOL. I did post a thread on the BMW when I got it though so I assume the ones that read it would read this one too. :giggle:

Yep, it does burn oil and will need to be topped off from time to time and I'll have to check the oil every other fill up as owners of the car have told me online. I've no issue with that. I do know they flood as well if you start the car and then shut it off, which you cannot do with a rotary engine and I do know how to deflood the car if that happens. If you let it warm up before shutting off it won't flood. It just has to be taken care of and I'm willing to do that :) I look forward to the fun drives ahead!:D

Last edited:
I said I'd post pictures of the car I'm getting so here they are!
7647274-36-5-2a7e124f.jpg

7647274-2-3-4870dd3c.jpg

7.jpg

7647274-4-3-6970dd3c.jpg

7647274-23-5-81781549.jpg

7647274-1-3-1d7fd436.jpg

7647274-37-5-2f7e124f.jpg

I cannot wait to get it!

Nice car! :)

I once rode in a rotary mazda RX-7 back in the 90's. It was a early 1980's RX-7. It was pretty quick and smooth.

I did not get the RX8. Found a beautiful blue mini cooper that I just could not resist. 2008, 50 k miles for 16k .

:)

Back