Getting new earmolds! Color suggestions??

mev426

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm new here! I'm a 16 year old girl with moderately severe loss in right ear and severe loss in the left ear. From the ages of 5 until 14 I had standard BTEs, mostly with neutral mold colors. For some reason, my audi hooked me up with the ultra small BTE aids almost 2 years ago, with the open fit dome. Now I've realized I need the power of a standard BTE, so I've scheduled an appt with a new audi (insurance reasons)! Any suggestions on mold colors and styles (hard or soft??) would be greatly appreciated!!

:ily:

Soft molds are SO much better especially for severe loss and just been more comfortable over all.

Color wise, really depends on you. I've just gone from color to clear and I like having earmolds that are not as noticeable. I will properly go color, clear, color, clear everytime I get new earmolds.

What color HA do you have? Some people don't bother but personally for me, I like to look for something that won't clash with my colored hearing aids :)

Let us know what you choose :)

one member from here that i really like is mixed purple and pink mold. pretty! I like the soft mold the best.

I have clear with blue glitter.

Get a color or colors that you will like for as long as the molds last (some only last about 9 months, my current ones have lasted a lot longer).

I personally like mother of peal glitter :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 23
I just got purple and blue..there is a thread in the ha/ci section with a picture :) I've also had "zebra molds" black and white swirls...and always go with soft! they're more comfy!

Thanks for all the replies! I'm getting new hearing aids also, so I'm not sure what color those will be! (I've only had beige before) I kinda really like the clear see through ones, and they would go with any colored mold! I have an audi appt next week, so we'll see which HA he says is best for me.
For the mold, I'm thinking white, blue, and neon green swirled! Either that or glitter ones. Is it true that colored molds don't last as long? Also, is the carved full shell better than the full shell mold? If so, why?

Thanks for all the replies! I'm getting new hearing aids also, so I'm not sure what color those will be! (I've only had beige before) I kinda really like the clear see through ones, and they would go with any colored mold! I have an audi appt next week, so we'll see which HA he says is best for me.
For the mold, I'm thinking white, blue, and neon green swirled! Either that or glitter ones. Is it true that colored molds don't last as long? Also, is the carved full shell better than the full shell mold? If so, why?

I've been told calved shell mold is better as it keeps a better seal.

I'm getting me new left ear mold remade tomorrow and I will ask for it to be carved shell mold. Carved shell molds are good for profound losses so not sure if you would notice any different.

People have said colored molds don't last as long but then some people have colored molds for quite a long time. Think it depends from person to person. Personally I find they don't last as long.

You are right, clear is a good color for hearing aids and any mold would work well :)

After my friend showed me a Widex that is a RIC that works for profound losses, I am kind of hoping to go in that direction in the future.

After my friend showed me a Widex that is a RIC that works for profound losses, I am kind of hoping to go in that direction in the future.

I have a Unitron RIC right now, and I absolutely HATE it.

I have a Unitron RIC right now, and I absolutely HATE it.

I've been told that RICs are more fiddly and not as substantial as a BTE aid. I personally could never go for one but for some people they may work.

you can get any unique color you want :D (if you have sensitive skin, hypoallergenic earmolds with clear color is a good idea, my audi knows me best and pretty cautious of my earmold allergy!)

I had a pair of the mother of pearl glitter ones and they're also hypoallergenic

you can get any unique color you want :D (if you have sensitive skin, hypoallergenic earmolds with clear color is a good idea, my audi knows me best and pretty cautious of my earmold allergy!)

I had a pair of the mother of pearl glitter ones and they're also hypoallergenic

I'm not sure if I have sensitive ears or not, but I don't seem to remember having problems in the past! When I was younger, my parents would always just get me the clear earmolds though, so I don't have a whole lot of experience with colored molds.

Just to give everybody an update: still waiting for my appointment to get scheduled with the new audi! ugh, its taking so long and I'm tired of not being able to hear in school or in conversations with my friends :(

I have clear with blue glitter.

Get a color or colors that you will like for as long as the molds last (some only last about 9 months, my current ones have lasted a lot longer).

LoveBlue, I really like the hearing aids in your avatar!! Are those the ones you wear? Blue is my favorite color!

I'm not sure if I have sensitive ears or not, but I don't seem to remember having problems in the past! When I was younger, my parents would always just get me the clear earmolds though, so I don't have a whole lot of experience with colored molds.

for me, my ears are very sensitive since I suffer from an allergy to full colored earmolds before. (trust me, I went there in 2nd grade, 7-8th grade and freshman year)

I always had boring beige HA and clear ear molds when I got new HA this time I got purple HA and ears molds! I am a lot older than you too.

I'm in my 50's and late-deafened. I was so glad that, when it came time for me to get BTE's after having worn ITE's for 10 years, color HAs we're available. I wonder if the manufacturers were surprised that adults were just as interested in the colors as the kids, whom they were making them for, were. I'm sure the audiologist weren't expecting it. There are probably Audis still out there not telling their adult clients that HAs come in a multitude if colors & the ear molds too.

I'm in my 50's and late-deafened. I was so glad that, when it came time for me to get BTE's after having worn ITE's for 10 years, color HAs we're available. I wonder if the manufacturers were surprised that adults were just as interested in the colors as the kids, whom they were making them for, were. I'm sure the audiologist weren't expecting it. There are probably Audis still out there not telling their adult clients that HAs come in a multitude if colors & the ear molds too.

My Audis likes my purple HA and ear molds and my last Audis told me about the HA coming in cool colors. I do not care if people see my HA, I would rather them know I am HOH when I am out grocery shopping so I will not get hit with a shopping cart if I do not hear someone trying to pass me. People think I am being rude for not moving over and I can't hear them!

Back