Getting ISL to become official language in Ireland!

Deehamilton

Reaction score
Do anyone know how to get ISL to be our official language in Ireland? We want our ISL to be official in Ireland, so our goverment will recogise our ISL (Irish Sign Language). We have problem, we don't know how to go about it legal. We have wrote a letter to the goverment serval times but they are ingore us. I know some of the countries around the world are official eg Sweden, Finland etc.. How did they do it? Can anyone give me advise so we can get onto our goverment? We have ISL parade on the 2nd of April to be recogise, hopefully!! Can anyone help our Deaf people in Ireland? I appreciate some advise,please!!

Hi Deehamilton. Here in Spain we have recently achieved to get LSE (the spanish sign language) recognised. It came after years of fighting for the deaf associations and deaf people. Show them (the hearing politicians and everybody) that there is a great deaf culture.

They will finally recognise it.

That's so wonderful.. Now we are working on it as well as it s a very slow pace to spread out that is finally our official language for American Sign Language, too. We Deaf american worked very hard to preserve our true language and proud of it as always.

I am very happy for your Deaf community. We all Deafies deserves to have it for a very good reason.

HOOAARRAAHHH!

Sweetmind

Karlmunch

karlmunch said:
Hi Deehamilton. Here in Spain we have recently achieved to get LSE (the spanish sign language) recognised. It came after years of fighting for the deaf associations and deaf people. Show them (the hearing politicians and everybody) that there is a great deaf culture.

They will finally recognise it.

Thank you for replying my post. I am very glad to get your point of view. We are doing ISL Deaf awareness week from the 2nd of April - 8th of April. Let hope our fucking goverment will take notice of our ISL. Excuse me for my bad language. It can be very frustrated!! :mad2:

Sweetmind

Sweetmind said:
That's so wonderful.. Now we are working on it as well as it s a very slow pace to spread out that is finally our official language for American Sign Language, too. We Deaf american worked very hard to preserve our true language and proud of it as always.

I am very happy for your Deaf community. We all Deafies deserves to have it for a very good reason.

HOOAARRAAHHH!

Sweetmind

I know for a fact that New zealand pass their second bill to be recoginse. It brillant! Yes, you are right, we need to fight the goverment to get our ISL recognise and also preserve for our ISL in our country. We are raging to fight and not giving up either. Thank you for your support!!

Back