Getting into the gay dating scene...

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to start dating again, but how do I go about getting into the gay dating scene without making a fool of myself - as well as keeping this as unexposed as possible to certain people. I mean I want to be open, only to a select few. What's the best way to go about doing this?

Dixie

That will be hard and keep a relationship that you may truly care about. Trying to live only one world outwardly you will only be dying on the inside, and you will not be happy after a short time. You are going to have to choose to be yorself, that is the best way to go about this, people will talk any how so let them talk. You can't hind even if you try, your emotions and feelings will get the best of you and out it will come. I tell you this, I have been there many many years ago, it's was not worth having many mask and not knowing who I truly was, so think about this before you begin to put mask on and cover up the true you. We can't love someone when we hide how we are anyway. Love yourself and be you!!!!!!

Adella

You do make a point, and I have to admit, I've always felt like I had a time in my life where I felt like I was dying on the inside, more specifically when I was married. I never really felt happy with him at all. Not just because of my orientation, but also because it was a very abusive relationship.

I really wish I could come out and know everything would be fine, but Im at quite a disadvantage. I live in a very rural area where rumours, whether or not they are true about you, can keep you from getting a job. And I am at the bottom of the economic totem pole so I have very few options if any. I want to get myself well established before I come completely out. Although I really do believe that some people have already pegged me for gay with my tomboy antics and boyish look. I think some would understand, but the majority would not.

I'm not in for any long-term commitments at the moment, but I want to start dating again and I want to know what it feels like to be in a good relationship again. Its been ages since I've really felt happy. There's this void that wants to be filled. I've filled it with family, Jesus, and meaningful studies towards my degree, but I still feel less than full.

My advice is perhaps to join a local GSA (Gay Straight Alliance), perhaps there's some other GLBT club at your school or local university...I prefer that route as opposed to the club scene

Back