getting hearing aids for the first time.

Or just be aggressive and cool. Here is how mine look today.

zvdiet_th.jpg

Like an American Flag? Am i right? How did you make this bte?

Like an American Flag? Am i right? How did you make this bte?

It is pink and purple flowers. My daughter bought it for me. It is a cover from Ear Gear.

And I like the purple ear mold.

Right now I am in process of getting new aids because my hearing is worse and I am going to get lime green earmolds.

Yeah! I saw the Gear for ears before. I haven't buy it yet. I am broken! I like the pink lipstick and black one. My husband said, "You don't need to get a Gear ear. It for kids" I said no matter about the ages. Geez!

It is pink and purple flowers. My daughter bought it for me. It is a cover from Ear Gear.

And I like the purple ear mold.

Right now I am in process of getting new aids because my hearing is worse and I am going to get lime green earmolds.

:aw: Don't be scare. It will not hurt you at all. Trust me. I am sure you will love your HA. You will be okay. I want to say good luck on your new hearing aids to hear. :hug:

P.S. If you're still in High School student. Just ignore to other mean kids think about your HA. You can put your hair down. Nobody can see it. The best is clear earmold.

i am so scared and nervous. i do want them to help me hear better and clearer again but at the same time i dont want them cz i dont think im ready for them.
idk if i will like it or not. it depends realy.
im not, and im sure of it.
thanx. i might not even get them in 3 weeks. it might be longer, cz i dont think im not ready yet. :hug:
btw im 17.

Yeah! I saw the Gear for ears before. I haven't buy it yet. I am broken! I like the pink lipstick and black one. My husband said, "You don't need to get a Gear ear. It for kids" I said no matter about the ages. Geez!

Show him the site. It is showing pictures to say for everyone from baby to 90 years. And if you buy one they will ask you to send a picture and give you a free set extra for letting them have your picture wearing Ear Gear.

Don't be scare or nervous. Lillhia got her first HA at age 18. She accepted it. How did you become hearing loss cause by? I do understand about your age. You have to learn accept. If you want to speak on cellphone then you need HA to hear. If you don't like BTE kind. You can get an Open-Fit BTE. Please don't be scare or nervous. You will be ok.

I am profound deaf since I was born. I am still wearing HA. But I am getting a cochlear implant soon. Because I has 110 db profound.

i am so scared and nervous. i do want them to help me hear better and clearer again but at the same time i dont want them cz i dont think im ready for them.
thanx. i might not even get them in 3 weeks. it might be longer, cz i dont think im not ready yet. :hug:
btw im 17.

Show him the site. It is showing pictures to say for everyone from baby to 90 years. And if you buy one they will ask you to send a picture and give you a free set extra for letting them have your picture wearing Ear Gear.

Why not you post a picture of your Gear for ear at Hearing Aid Safety Device to Cover, Protect, & Prevent Loss of Children's Hearing Aids! :giggle: You can explain about how it work Gear for ears. You can show off if you want to. :lol: I saw the elder 90 years old lady with picture. It's all ages. I will ask my audiologist. If they don't have gear for ears. I have to order through online.

btw im 17.

Shy girl, if you don't mind me asking, exactly what is it that makes you feel that you aren't ready? Perhaps if you will let us know, we can help you through your adjustment.

Why not you post a picture of your Gear for ear at Hearing Aid Safety Device to Cover, Protect, & Prevent Loss of Children's Hearing Aids! :giggle: You can explain about how it work Gear for ears. You can show off if you want to. :lol: I saw the elder 90 years old lady with picture. It's all ages. I will ask my audiologist. If they don't have gear for ears. I have to order through online.

I am too self conscious of my face because it is still not perfect after my Ramsay Hunt and the left side is still a little paralyzed like I showed in the picture thread. So I didn't want to show my picture there, but I do like the ear gear. It makes it rub less on the back of the ear too.

If it makes you feel any better, I just started back to college (I'm 22) and I've been told that I have to get hearing aids too (I was "faking it" and acting like i could hear and just making due with what i didn't understand for a long time too...) I'm having the same questions and feelings that you are...hang in there, and if you want someone to go through it with, I definitely understand where you're coming from...

Last edited:
I am too self conscious of my face because it is still not perfect after my Ramsay Hunt and the left side is still a little paralyzed like I showed in the picture thread. So I didn't want to show my picture there, but I do like the ear gear. It makes it rub less on the back of the ear too.

I understandable. I respect your wish. :)

Don't be scare or nervous. Lillhia got her first HA at age 18. She accepted it. How did you become hearing loss cause by? I do understand about your age. You have to learn accept. If you want to speak on cellphone then you need HA to hear. If you don't like BTE kind. You can get an Open-Fit BTE. Please don't be scare or nervous. You will be ok.

I am profound deaf since I was born. I am still wearing HA. But I am getting a cochlear implant soon. Because I has 110 db profound.

i cant help being scared and nervous. i might put it off until next year.
i suddenly became it, but before that happened i was exposured to a lot of loud noises.

wots an Open-Fit BTE?

Hi shy girl, The audiologist would adjust your hearing aids until you are at comfortable levels....

Remember this it would be tested in sound booth so it is best once adjusted and test them outside sound booth then if it's loud they will turn it down.

The audiologist would not over whelm you at any time, just take your time.

The longer you put off the harder it gets... and you'll be even more nervous and scared thinking about it.

There is nothing to be afraid of. PM me where you live and perhaps we'll meet up if we are close enough. It would be nice to meet you and reassure you...

I am not sure what's open fit BTE so i'll leave that to Pinky. ok.

i cant help being scared and nervous. i might put it off until next year.
i suddenly became it, but before that happened i was exposured to a lot of loud noises.

wots an Open-Fit BTE?

I also was thinking about putting it off...until I spoke with my Deaf ed advisor. He helped me realize everything that I've been missing hearing for over 4 years...which I just never realized that I wasn't hearing (like paper crumpling, birds singing, people walking, etc.). He told me flat out that the world is going to seem very "loud" when I first get hearing aids...not because the volume it too loud, but because I'll be hearing things that I just haven't heard in such a long time! He said that the longer I wait, the more accustomed I'll be to living in such a quiet world...and it'll be harder and harder to adjust to actually hearing what's around me again...
That's only one of the reasons I'm so insistent on getting these aids now (there's a ton of other reasons)...but I didn't realize what all I was missing until now...
I guess I'm willing to deal with the self-conciousness, self-esteem issues now...because I also know they're not going to disappear either if I wait.

I most definitely ordered myself some ear gear yesterday! I am a runner and I like to listen to music while I am on my runs. I use MusicLink ear hooks so I am hoping I can stick those in the 'ear gear' too and they will stay put so I can run without stopping to put the ear hooks back on every 5 seconds!

If you're not sure what is Open Fit BTE alike.

Oticon - one of the worlds largest manufacturers of hearing aids and hearing solutions
Phonak Hearing Systems - Audeo Features
Open Fit, BTE, Behind-the-ear, hearing aid, hearing instrument
Hi shy girl, The audiologist would adjust your hearing aids until you are at comfortable levels....

Remember this it would be tested in sound booth so it is best once adjusted and test them outside sound booth then if it's loud they will turn it down.

The audiologist would not over whelm you at any time, just take your time.

The longer you put off the harder it gets... and you'll be even more nervous and scared thinking about it.

There is nothing to be afraid of. PM me where you live and perhaps we'll meet up if we are close enough. It would be nice to meet you and reassure you...

I am not sure what's open fit BTE so i'll leave that to Pinky. ok.

It sounds like you really could use a friend who is in the same boat as you. Maybe you can ask your audiogist (sp?) to network you up with someone your age in your local area?

What I think is if you really don't want to wear a hearing aid and feel comfortable with your deafness, not hearing much sounds - let your parents/guardians know. You are almost of legal adult age.

I cannot really comment on hearing aids. The last time I had one was when I was about six years old. The hearing aid hurted my ear a lot that I took the hearing aid out and chewed it because. I still remember the sounds being too loud for me. I only had it less than a week.

yeah, but i dont have any friends in the same boat as me :(
i dont think there is anyone my age in the same boat as me. cz i dont see anyone wearing hearing aids.

y do i have to let them know?

do u wear hearing aids now?

yeah, but i dont have any friends in the same boat as me :(
i dont think there is anyone my age in the same boat as me. cz i dont see anyone wearing hearing aids.

y do i have to let them know?

do u wear hearing aids now?

I understand your fears of wearing a hearing aid or hearing aids. Yes, you have to let the audiologist know and will give you a hearing test to find out what is your hearing loss (hearing graph that will show how much hearing loss you have lost so far). There is nothing to be scare of now that you are late deafen at seventeen years old or was it little bit earlier when you lose your hearing. You will just have to adjust to your hard of hearing or deaf and move on. We will help you if you keep on posting us for any questions or information that we can help you with. Just take one day at a time and you will be fine. Just take a deep breathe and relax. Be proud of who you are as a person and learn to live with your hearing loss. Don't be afraid, okay? :cool:

I also was thinking about putting it off...until I spoke with my Deaf ed advisor. He helped me realize everything that I've been missing hearing for over 4 years...which I just never realized that I wasn't hearing (like paper crumpling, birds singing, people walking, etc.). He told me flat out that the world is going to seem very "loud" when I first get hearing aids...not because the volume it too loud, but because I'll be hearing things that I just haven't heard in such a long time! He said that the longer I wait, the more accustomed I'll be to living in such a quiet world...and it'll be harder and harder to adjust to actually hearing what's around me again...
That's only one of the reasons I'm so insistent on getting these aids now (there's a ton of other reasons)...but I didn't realize what all I was missing until now...
I guess I'm willing to deal with the self-conciousness, self-esteem issues now...because I also know they're not going to disappear either if I wait.[/QUOTE]

How very true. You have 2 choices...you can either be afraid and nervous without the aids, or you can be afraid and nervous with the aids. Getting rid of the fear and self conscoiusness means you have to address it and get on the other side of it. In the meantime, you will be better able to hear with the hearing aids.

Back