Getting Free Handouts?

How did I know you would post this? Seems like the mom is playing the pity/oh "speshal needs" kids have it SO hard" card.......

i got up-graded to business class quantas because deaf i was not turning that down i travelled jude law behind me

I've gone thru just the opposite...people telling my boys that "they were sorry ur adopted mother is hearing impaired" and patting them on the back as if they "were just poor things!"....Actually, I got into a physical "tussle" with one of my neighbors a few years ago over this....:lol:..and she was years younger....

The only handout I got for being deaf is Sorenson Videophone.

The handout I got was clothes that looked new to me. My sister's friend brought the bags of clothes for me to wear. The clothes look just perfect and I like the style of the clothes. Only a few were small for me. But for others, they fit me perfectly.

I am grateful for this. :D

The handout I got was clothes that looked new to me. My sister's friend brought the bags of clothes for me to wear. The clothes look just perfect and I like the style of the clothes. Only a few were small for me. But for others, they fit me perfectly.

I am grateful for this. :D

Yeah, but did you get it b/c you were deaf or for another reason?

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't really see this as anything beyond a mother sympathizing with another mother. The woman who bought the shoes was trying to be kind and generous. True, the other mother didn't have to accept it, but I was always taught to accept things people give us in kindness and show our gratitude (it makes the other person happy as well) Honestly, if my child didn't need the shoes and we were well off, I would still accept the shoes and find a place donate to a child who really does need shoes...

I personally have never gotten any handouts, yet again, I'm only HoH and no one would know unless I told them...

Yeah, but did you get it b/c you were deaf or for another reason?

I think that my sister is good friend with her and she happen to be Native American. It is true that we don't reject her offers to give me good clothes. This is the first time she gave me. So I did not object them. Bless her heart. I don't think it has nothing to do with my deafness.

I've gone thru just the opposite...people telling my boys that "they were sorry ur adopted mother is hearing impaired" and patting them on the back as if they "were just poor things!"....Actually, I got into a physical "tussle" with one of my neighbors a few years ago over this....:lol:..and she was years younger....

how patronzing I would been furious. rr
I always say if cant help somebody do favour then don't do harm....My son was quick he say for either me or sister mum Deaf or sisters Downs now whats your problem MRS or is it plain rudeness

in uk you entitled to something called DLA different levels Deaf people ARE ENTITLED but some refuse it on grounds don't need it I do have it.

Back