getting excited!!!

ash345

Audist Free Zone
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok... so i've been looking into starting school again... even though I have my BS... i'm looking back to get my AAS... so... I'm been... for lack of a better word... nervous... but today I went to the school, for a new student session... I asked for a terp... thinking, if it was anything like my old school... they would laugh at me... but I actually had one, they were wonderful... and I understood everything!!! and they told me that I didn't even need to provide an audiogram!!! Nothing!!! because of the snow, and only scheduling the apt a couple days ahead... the terp coordinator was my terp... and she was... amazing!!! She told me to give her my schedule as soon as I get it so she can get me a terp for the classes... i am SO excited!!! I'm actually getting excited for this... I can't wait to actually get information in a way that I will be able to understand... in a way that I can actually learn... I am so excited!!!

Ok... so i've been looking into starting school again... even though I have my BS... i'm looking back to get my AAS... so... I'm been... for lack of a better word... nervous... but today I went to the school, for a new student session... I asked for a terp... thinking, if it was anything like my old school... they would laugh at me... but I actually had one, they were wonderful... and I understood everything!!! and they told me that I didn't even need to provide an audiogram!!! Nothing!!! because of the snow, and only scheduling the apt a couple days ahead... the terp coordinator was my terp... and she was... amazing!!! She told me to give her my schedule as soon as I get it so she can get me a terp for the classes... i am SO excited!!! I'm actually getting excited for this... I can't wait to actually get information in a way that I will be able to understand... in a way that I can actually learn... I am so excited!!!

I'm just curious...why would you opt for an AAS after already earning a BS?

I'm just curious...why would you opt for an AAS after already earning a BS?

I know its really backwards... but its because for some of the jobs that I want... I have to have my programing certs... and I figure... to get the CIS AAS its only a couple more credits... so I might as well... I've been tearing myself up about it for a while... should just get all my certs or should I get the AAS, or should I go back and get a masters in programing... I figure that I can at least get my certs and my AAS, then I will be able to make some $ and then go back to get my masters... the AAS and the certs are much cheaper than getting my masters... and once I save up some $ I can go back and get it...

I know its really backwards... but its because for some of the jobs that I want... I have to have my programing certs... and I figure... to get the CIS AAS its only a couple more credits... so I might as well... I've been tearing myself up about it for a while... should just get all my certs or should I get the AAS, or should I go back and get a masters in programing... I figure that I can at least get my certs and my AAS, then I will be able to make some $ and then go back to get my masters... the AAS and the certs are much cheaper than getting my masters... and once I save up some $ I can go back and get it...

Thanks! That makes sense.:ty:

Glad to see that! I would have hoped to have the accommodations you have back when I was getting my college degree... Share more with us on how it's like and what you like about it once you are in session!

From one computer person to another.. For the AAS/ MCIS choice, I think you made the the logical decision. AAS and certs are cheaper, quicker to obtain, and at minimum gives you accreditation for what you want to do...
Master's CIS doesn't guarantee a job in your field, more expensive, and sorta only if you intend to work into theoretical or conceptual fields... like the pathway for CIS PhD's and work around education / future of technology related..

Thank you guys... I'm very excited... though the nervousness is settling back in... especially since I am going to have to take some time off for work for the classes... I am looking at scholarships and such... if anyone knows of any... let me know!

Thank you guys... I'm very excited... though the nervousness is settling back in... especially since I am going to have to take some time off for work for the classes... I am looking at scholarships and such... if anyone knows of any... let me know!

Try fastweb.com. They have the best data base of scholarships around.

Try fastweb.com. They have the best data base of scholarships around.

Thank you. I will check it out. I was federally funded and used loans for my BS... but they won't give me any grants for my AAS now that I have my BS... guess thats the price I pay for doing things backwards...

Thank you. I will check it out. I was federally funded and used loans for my BS... but they won't give me any grants for my AAS now that I have my BS... guess thats the price I pay for doing things backwards...

Maybe you can get a job with a company that will fund you since it is a very desirable skill.

i'm so happy for you! some schools are very accommodating for the Deaf.. good luck there :D

i've decided to transfer to a 4 year college- only 20 minutes away from where i live. i just found out they provide interpreters and that i might have the terp i had from high school. she was awesome

*SO*, so happy for you!

Yeah, you will be stuck with outside scholarships and loans, unfortunately. But fastweb is a great site.

Back