Getting CI- Confused not sure what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was me... That was being threatend of the ban-hammer..I'm not saying Id try to get out of it. If it happens so-be-it... I feel things have gone to far here as it is anyhow. But am sad that so many people have come and gone from this site due to the types of things we are witnessing here. So many people seeking help and are only rudely turned away for their question's about a CI. My first ever post here was in the welcome forum and I was told not to talk much about CI because not many people like that topic. Really made me feel welcomed yanno.

Jillio have you discovered my answer yet? Or are you having problems comprehending it?

I did answer. Start reading. Now that your complaining you seem unable to read anything..:ty:

Ah, so they don't have one. So how could they possibly know anything about a CI if they don't personally have one? If they have never been implanted, how could they possibly know what the patient will feel following surgery, and how could they possibly know how much benefit the patient will get?

You said you have to have one to know anything about one.

Jillio have you discovered my answer yet? Or are you having problems comprehending it?

Sorry dude. As much as you want my undivided attention, I have a life and other things to tend to.

If they think that I have threatened this community by all means let them come and get me. I have no beef with anyone but jillio. A hypocrite if I shall.

Your beef is obvious. Get over it. Or die with it. Whichever. Those are your only options.

:laugh2: Why would I be jealous of you having an implant and my son not when he is living a perfectly fulfilled and productive life without one? Especially when he has made the conscious decision not to get one because he does not see how it would improve his life in any way.

You wouldn't be, your hearing is perfectly fine.

You wouldn't be, your hearing is perfectly fine.

I wasn't replying to you, and evidently, you didn't even read the question I was replying to.:roll: But let me direct you to post 363. I believe you have some explaining to do.

Ah, so they don't have one. So how could they possibly know anything about a CI if they don't personally have one? If they have never been implanted, how could they possibly know what the patient will feel following surgery, and how could they possibly know how much benefit the patient will get?

You said you have to have one to know anything about one.

I'd rather you not put words into my mouth. And also since you read my post finally, you'll see that they studied audiology instead of physiology. My audiologist happened to be my surgeon. So that may increase his understanding of pain.

I'd rather you not put words into my mouth. And also since you read my post finally, you'll see that they studied audiology instead of physiology. My audiologist happened to be my surgeon. So that may increase his understanding of pain.

Audiology is the study of hearing and balance..
Physiology is the study of living systems.. it covers all sorts of stuff, including pain.

Instead of physiology. Dude, if they have a degree in audiology, they studied physiology. Your audi is your surgeon? Audis can't do surgery. They don't even have a medical license. How can that be? You actually let someone operate on you that did not study physiology? How would it increase his understanding of pain?

But back to your claim that no one can know what it is to have a CI or the surgery unless they have gone through it themselve. Guess you just blew your own logic right out of the water.

I was sure it was the anesthesiologist that deals with the pain management during surgery/post surgery.

I was sure it was the anesthesiologist that deals with the pain management during surgery/post surgery.

The anesthesiologist deals with consciousness during surgery. He has nothing to do with pain management following surgery. The surgeon does all post surgical follow ups. Including prescriptions for pain management.

But still, how would they know anything about a CI unless they had one? Isn't it your claim that I cannot know anything about a CI because I don't have one. I do believe your logic has trapped you.

Instead of physiology. Dude, if they have a degree in audiology, they studied physiology. Your audi is your surgeon? Audis can't do surgery. They don't even have a medical license. How can that be? You actually let someone operate on you that did not study physiology? How would it increase his understanding of pain?

But back to your claim that no one can know what it is to have a CI or the surgery unless they have gone through it themselve. Guess you just blew your own logic right out of the water.

I dunno what he was he was the doctor. He didn't do any of the testing just explaining our options.

Can you please empirically show me her hypocrisy?

The fact that she seem to know so much about all of this yet she isn't deaf! And this site is called Alldeaf.com..

anesthesiologist handles putting you to sleep during surgery. They don't do pain meds.. All that gets covered by your doctor or RN.

Are you sure you have a CI?

And he asked for empirical evidence. That is not it.

But you are deaf and you don't know your surgeon from your audi.

RNs can't prescribe.

Is it not possible for a Otolaryngologist to also have a degree in audiology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back