Getting a pair of hearing aids

By the way, deafness88, if you're looking at hearing aids already, don't look at too much, as I assume you're already doing; you're going to have a headache by information overload. I would tell you to just know what makes are out there . . . that's it. Trust the audiologist.

By the way, deafness88, if you're looking at hearing aids already, don't look at too much, as I assume you're already doing; you're going to have a headache by information overload. I would tell you to just know what makes are out there . . . that's it. Trust the audiologist.

I should definitely talk to at least 3 audiologists and then stick with one ehh? I don't know who to trust when it comes down to $6400 CAD. Mark up is not a big issue to me as long as they are being honest and being straight up /w me selling the aid that I need and not selling the one that I don't really need /w the most mark up.

Where do you live in canada? And i don't think you need 3 audi's opinions, just ask your regular gp for a recommendation to a good reputable audi, a good audiologist shouldn't/wont prescribe an aid that won't benefit you. Do you know if your loss is progressive and when was ur last audiogram?

Where do you live in canada? And i don't think you need 3 audi's opinions, just ask your regular gp for a recommendation to a good reputable audi, a good audiologist shouldn't/wont prescribe an aid that won't benefit you. Do you know if your loss is progressive and when was ur last audiogram?

I didn't see it earlier . . . I believe there is a Canadian Speech Hearing Association CASLPA

Ya my trial period is free for 30 days or i can pay like 30 or 40 for a 90 day trial period...I haven't heard of any audi in my area (ottawa, on) not giving a trial period... Thank god!:ty:

Maybe a good idea would be to go to an audi who is experianced in serving young dhh people. Like a school for the Deaf would meet your needs. Beltone and Miricle Ear are for OLD people, and they are just selling the hearing aid.

Go to an audiologist and not just a hearing aid dispenser.

FYI.....Beltone is owned by one of the larger manufacturers, GN Resound. They are essentially the same hearing aids. I'm not certain if that is the Resound Metrix or their new Azure.

yes stay away from beltone and Miracle ear.the wonderful Audi who FINALLY detected that i had a HA malfunction said those are for old people with simple hearing loss not complicated loss's like most of us have.I have an Oticon BTE it was $2800 and it is extremely powerful with 4 programs.When they found out it wasnt holding a program they gave me a new one no questions asked. I think the Lions club reconditions Ha's .I had checked with them and had nothing that i needed.And in order to qualify for any finacial help you practically have to be living in a box on the street.I actually made too much $.and im on Soc.Sec,ridiculous!

I don't think my loss is progressive. I was just born with it. My last audiogram was done in January of this year. Is it still good?

Well its good that its not progressive but certain things could make it worse like loud music, work related loud noises, age..etc and ya your audiogram should and is still prolly good unless u have noticed a change in your hearing, u shouldn't need another one but it depends on the audi s/he may want to do another one...did u find an audi yet/or make an appt?

Looks like I'm going to be getting my CIC's soon. The brand is Sonic Innovations and model is Velocity.

Who uses Sonic Innovations here? How do you like them?

I've never heard of SI congrats tho!! Are you trialing them first? I love my una ha its really good so far..i go in 2 weeks to add a program or two on it

Looks like I'm going to be getting my CIC's soon. The brand is Sonic Innovations and model is Velocity.

Who uses Sonic Innovations here? How do you like them?

I have used Sonic Innovations when I was in school. They are a smaller hearing aid company. Some of the patients loved them, some had some issues with them. The Velocity is their new high end hearing aid (expensive), that was just introduced in April. I don't believe they have any literature on it yet.

My audiologist pick Sonic Innovations because he said they were the only manufacturer that had been able to show clinical benefit in speech understanding in noise through core processing (without directional microphones which are only available /w anything but CICs).

Back