Get your own business!!!!

The*Empress

Reaction score
People from all walks of life are earning incomes using the internet.
Discover how powerful internet marketing can be.
For over a decade, Internet Market Training has helped business owners and entrepreneurs to become successful online merchants.
Russ Little... www.judogis.com - www.hairforsale.com

His success with the Stores Online websites was immediate. Before
creating sites using Stores Online, his sales revenue from existing retail sites was $5,000 to $6,000 per month. After he created his first Stores Online website, his sales increased by 50%.

At the Internet Marketing Workshop there will be registration ($20 processing fee), coffee, lunch, training 8 hours.

After you created your own website, you can affiliate with Best Buy, Amazon, Sears, Target, Expedia.com, ebay, gap......

You will learn how to set up on a 500 megabytes of space website and learn how to use techniques: UPS Shipping, Order Form (Secure), Shopping Cart, Marketing, Email, Custom Forms, Database Integration, Inventory Controls, Unlimited Products...

RULES
1. You must understand that you have the right, but not the obligation, to purchase a website from StoresOnline for $2,700 within 90 days following the day of the workshop.
2. No video or audio recording at the workshop is allowed.
3. Agree to arrive on time and stay until the end of the workshop. Late arrivals may be denied entry.
4. Picture identification is required for entrance to the workshop.
5. Must be at least 18 years old.
6. Have not previously attended a StoresOnline workshop.
7. Not already an Internet Service Provider.
8. Do not provide web hosting.
9. No solicit with other workshop attendees.
10. Do not promote or sell any adult material, or anything that is illegal, offensive, and/or that promotes hatred.
11. The processing fee ($20) is non refundable.

Contact StoresOnline...

mail - StoresOnline, Inc. 754 E. Technology Ave. Orem, UT, 84097
phone - 801.434.8582
email - workshop@storesonline.com

I went to this meeting yesterday, it was very interesting...
But I am scare they might scam me or something...
What yall think???

Submitted: 1/27/2003 4:50:46 PM
Modified: 3/13/2004 2:04:51 PM

StoresOnline rip-off outright fruaud here is objective evidence for all who want it! Orem Utah *Consumer Comment ..Mixed Feelings

Company
StoresOnline
Address:
754 E Technology Ave
Orem Utah 84097
U.S.A.
Phone Number:
801-227 0004
Fax:

I hope the FBI reads this. It may not be a bomb, but it is domestic terrorism and they need to be stopped. This contains objective information which they need. Read on.

As you review this remember that the minimum Stores Online sale is in the thousands of dollars. You get the sales pitch in an all day seminar where you are provided with a notebook which includes preliminary information regarding the software, support and services they are offering for sale. A purchaser does not have access to the purchased package until they are walking out the door after the seminar. T

hey can only base the purchase on the belief that the information the company provided was reliable and truthful. Although you don’t know it until afterwards, your payment is made well before the product is delivered; they do not give you the licensing package and software until after the seminar is over.

Theoretically it includes the items noted in the Stores Online Active Merchant Receipt. Only after you get it home and start working with the website and CD-Rom do you find out you have been duped.

The day we attended, there were in excess of a 100 people and a large percentage was waiting in line to pick up their package after it was over.

When I attempted to activate the first of 6 passwords so I could look at the inside of the store-front that had been demonstrated in the seminar, I was locked out for 4 days until one of your telephone staffers “pre-published it”, to use her term. Since then, I can login only some of the time, but I still cannot gain access to the initial interview form which is suppose to allow basic changes, (i.e. name, address, etc.)

In the instructions, it’s referenced on page 19 as the “bones of your online storefront”.

Subsequently, I attempted to explore the various advertised support sites within the “pre-published” store-front activated by their staffer. When I attempt to print “Printable Tutorials”, one of your much touted support features, it not only doesn’t print, it locks up my computer.

Understand that my equipment is a new from-the-factory Dell computer with Windows XP with Earthlink as my ISP. In the pre-purchase documentation it stated that it was fully compatible with the operating system I own.

Up until this, you could ask the question, is it fraud or is it just a sloppy business? Read on and decide for yourself ..….To quote the StoresOnline Active Merchant Receipt, “Complete Store Building Packet (Includes StoresOnline CD_ROM with links, helps, tips and tutorials—allows me to create my storefronts)”.

When I put the CD in the drive, it will boot and give an approximate one minute advertisement in the Overview. But, when you attempt to continue to “Other Resources” and “Build Store Now”, there is no response---absolutely nothing happens. Since that time a staffer told me to “forget the cd; it is only suppose to be a browser launcher anyway”. What! A BROWSER LAUNCHER? That is not what I paid $5,199 for! Refer again to the Stores Online Active Merchant Receipt.

This is the receipt provided when you pay for the software and services, but prior to them providing you with the product. In the eighth line, the receipt states, “I also understand with all of this information and materials listed below, I now have the option to immediately create Web sites with the software provided below, without any further assistance or even the knowledge of Stores Online, Inc.” And, as noted, the receipt goes on to list the Stores Online CD-ROM in the description of Materials and Services in the lower part of the receipt.

Only after you take it home do you find out that the software doesn’t exist—its all a scam to get your money and get you out the door!

If there is any “proprietary” Stores Online information, I was unable to access it. A large percentage of the package was photocopies of NETmarketing, Popular Mechanics, BusinessWeek, ComputerLife, and various other non-StoresOnline entities. Do you suppose Stores Online obtained permission to copy and resell the articles?

In both the introductory and final seminar it was stated that StoresOnline is a publicly traded company, home-quartered in Utah. However, a search of the Utah SCC did not identify any legal corporation doing business as StoresOnline, StoresOnline Incorporated or StoresOnline, Inc. or StoresOnline.com, all of which are used in the literature and agreements.

Possibly it is not a Utah corporation. Or, possibly the true legal name is some undisclosed corporation dba StoresOnline, Inc or Incorporated or StoresOnline.com, LTD.

As with the other victims, I have made many attempts to work with their technical staffers via the internet and phone. Most of which have been documented. I will make them available to law enforcement officials along with the product since Stores Online since has not made any effort to repurchase them.

These are masters of delay and “its not our problem”. I attempted to return the packages to Mr. Poelman, president of Stores Online. Needless to say, it was refused. Neither has he or anyone else from Stores Online contacted me regarding my written demand for a refund.

Kathy
Virginia beach, Virginia
U.S.A.

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Storesonline

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff42992.htm

StoresOnline

Orem UT

Thiefs, Liars, Frauds,

I need help from other Merchants of StoresOnline to lodge a complaint against StoresOnline. I need letters of Testomony to five to my credit card Company or they will not process my dispute. These letters must be on Letterhead.

Also the Attorney General's Office of Texas has filed a petition againts StoresOnline. If there are any Texas that would like to join this list, please visit the Texas OAG to file a complaint. Please do not let theis company continue to rip people off. Lets join together to help each other.

Donnakl

Texas

http://www.complaints.com/directory/2005/march/3/43.htm

Why don't u get off ur azz and start to work for them? Go for it.

Technomage 06-09-2004 08:52 PM

Fell for stupid scam, Storesonline pillaging the countryside, help!

Alright I'm an idiot. With all my skepticism and computer knowledge I fell for it. Wondering if any of you have any opinions on how to get out.

Long story slightly less long: free conference about starting a business online turns into $30 workshop to show you all the details (didn't happen quite like that btw), turns into $300 down and a contract for monthy payments around $200 for web hosting, a shitload of tools that help you get on search engines, they program 3 different webpages for you, get your site set up with shopping cart capability, merchant account for accepting credit cards, etc.

Turns out these guys have a shady past (ie a shitload of complaints on ripoffreports.com, banned from doing business in the state of washington, etc) Also, the "propriatary technology" they use to get your site on search engines by analyzing keyword searches done at major engines is
1. out of date according to a post at ripoffreports
2. free to use online anyway (http://www.content.overture.com/d/USm/ays/index.jhtml at the bottom)

Well, my ray of hope lies in the Consumer Protection Act:

43. (1) A consumer may, without any reason, cancel a direct agreement at
any time from the date of entering into the agreement until 10 days after
receiving the written copy of the agreement. 2002, c. 30, Sched. A, s. 43 (1).

This was nabbed from http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/search_E.asp Just do a search for Consumer Protection Act if you wanna see the whole beastly thing. I sent them an email, couriered letter, and a fax about this act and my wanting to cancel they contract. The email reply I got so far was simply stating my services were non-cancelable as stated on the contract.

Any hope for me? My credit card company said that the $300 deposit might be disputable, since services were not as described (see points 1 and 2). I can also post the actual contract as well if that helps.

Please help me out guys and gals, if you help me get out of this I'll delete my 10 gig pr0n collection as payment! (or send it to you lol!)

http://www.hardcoreware.net/forum/printthread.php?t=16581&pp=40

Moondancer said:
Why don't u get off ur azz and start to work for them? Go for it.

I am trying to help and save people from scam such as this...

I got their letter and they invited me to lunch yesterday...
and they wanted me to buy this, buy that, buy this, buy that.....
And I am lucky that I didn't bring my checkbook and my credit cards
because they were so tempting...

And I saw other poor people writing writing writing out their checkbooks
and giving them their checks, most of them are OLD PEOPLE!!!!

So I just walked out after eating their cold lunch, taste like airplane
food.... I had cold Chicken sandwich with tomato and lettuce...
and cold potato salad, and cold fruit salad, and a cookie.
It didn't taste like anything, no mayo, no mustard, no salt and pepper shakers provided...

Oh well...

Here's some good tips from someone....

MeNotLawyer 07-21-2004 11:52 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Fell for stupid scam, Storesonline pillaging the countryside, help!

First of all, is their contract VALID? Did they violate any law in your State or Province? If they did, then their contract is NOT valid and can NOT be enforced.

If you signed up to them withdraw money from the account, cancel that account so they will no longer withdraw.

Many states have a "Business Opportunity Fraud Act" and often they require StoresONline to provide a written DISCLOSURE at least 48 hours so you can read it before signing. in Washington state, they did not provide such a disclosure in advance.

A disclosure would state if the company has been investigated or not in the past 10 years or so. A disclosure will state if the company has been sued or not. If they lied on the disclosure or if they did not provide such a written disclosure in advance, then thier contract is NOT valid and can NOT be enforced.

So find out what your law requires them to provide. if they did not, then you should be able to get out of the contract.

Since you are not a businessman they could not have been doing business to business transaction.

I wish I had known how to do due diligence before I signed up for StoresOnline. Fortunately for me, I didn't have $6,000 or less and took out a loan for 18% with them, which should have told me something, but I felt desperate to generate an income as I am in my 60's and very poor. I had to close my bank account to protect myself. One of the reasons I went with the program is that I thought Mormons were ethical. Not these guys. This is a finely tuned scam. In business 11 years? well then the customer service should be perfect. Not able to get a password established easily but you have coaches who call say they can help you with everything? The coaches by the by live just 3 miles away but Storesonline doesn't have any connection? Yeah, Right. Feel like your frustrations just reflect your inexperience and inadequacies and someday you'll get it going? Believe that if you just keep trying you'll make money without costly advertising and investing in per clicks? Feel like you've been taken but its your own fault? Nah, this is a scam. Don't let your ego make you think its your fault. These guys have been at it for years. Any time you discover a business that had to reinvent itself as in from iMerchant to StoresOnline, then heed the warning signs. There are many sad unforunate aspects to a situation like this for large number of people who are taken in by the youthful friendly high-hype atmosphere. For me, these people are crooks and they get to ruin my credit because I refuse to pay them $4,000 for a product and a service that was not only misrepresented but lied about. They need to be put out of business.

Posted by: Anoymous at April 2, 2005 04:28 AM :mad:

I'm from Malaysia too. Paid RM 18,700 (abt USD 4,900) for the 6 websites package yesterday, 2nd April 2005. While I applaud them for flawless organisation for the seminar, which I paid RM 150 (abt USD 39.50) to attend, I did not like the idea of them lying to us that the 'reverse search' engine is unique to Storesonline.com.

First thing this morning I went in their merchant page and tried out the 'reverse search' engine, and could not get the page uploaded. Then I googled for 'reverse search engine' and found this page. When I click http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/, I get the same failure message that I got when accessing through Storesonline merchant page. Hence proving that they lied to us at the seminar!!!

I have just asked my credit card company to block the payment. I will be sending them back the introductory package. Lucky for Malaysians, they could not process the credit card payment onsite due to the large amount (RM18,700 is a BIG sum here) and could only clear the payment when they return to the US.

Thanks a million to Sarah for putting this blog and Aaron, Shirley, & David for highlighting the scam on 'reverse search'. You guys just saved me RM 18,700!!

Posted by: Anonymous at April 2, 2005 08:37 PM :mad:

I just attended the store online 90 minutes seminar and going to attend the 8 hours seminar soon. I came across this site when they mention reverse search engine. Thanks for this site that I now know more about Store Online background. They told us that this is the first country in Asia they are promoting their product.

Posted by: Fred at March 13, 2005 08:06 AM :mad:

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on October 15, 2002:

RE: StoresOnline, Inc. - attended Cash Flow Seminar in Chattanooga, TN - want money back

I am a CPA helping my client with a dispute. StoresOnline, Inc., we alledge, is involved in predatory and deceptive sales techniques that smacks of fraud or at the very least intentional misrepresentation. Attached is our letter of dispute to this company asking for a refund.

We have not been successful in speaking with their customer service manager, so far. We wish to encourage everyone who shares our complaint to file an official complaint with the FTC. The FTC will not investigate until there are enough complaints, and the FTC is the ultimate regulator of this company. Question for Ken: Did you get a refund from StoresOnline or just from VISA?

Any advice on getting refund from this company? Also, for anyone who may have financed some of their purchase with StoreOnline, directly, which I believe they routinely assign to Fair Financial Services in Akron, Ohio - any success in disputing this part of the contract? If the credit was extended directly by StoreOnline with one of their installment sales contracts, it may be usurious, according to several attorneys I have consulted. Below is most of the content from our letter of complaint to StoresOnline, which summarizes our dispute.

September 30, 2002

I attended your Internet Cash Flow Seminar on July 25, 2002, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, after having received an invitation by mail. Relying on the materials presented and the testimony of your sales representatives, I signed your contract and incurred $3,399 of debt, $1,000 of which was charged to my personal credit card and $2,399 of which was financed by StoresOnline, Inc., through an installment sales contract apparently assigned to Fair Finance of Akron, Ohio. (The assignment portion of the installment contract was not completed.) After further scrutiny of the materials and consultation with an Information Technology professional and my CPA, I believe that the information presented to me was dated, inaccurate, and utterly misleading. Moreover, I believe that StoresOnline misrepresented the degree of technical proficiency necessary to support e-commerce websites.

I am writing this letter to ask that you immediately void my contract, credit my MasterCard, and either credit or repay my debt with Fair Finance in full. I have disputed my credit card charge under the Fair Credit Billing Act, and I have notified Fair Finance of this dispute. It is my hope that StoresOnline, Inc., is a reputable business with high ethical standards and that we can consider this matter a mutual misunderstanding. If StoresOnline, Inc., is not willing to meet this reasonable request; I will be morally compelled to pursue this matter further through legal, regulatory, and political action to protect my interests and the interests of others who could be similarly misled in your seminars.

My CPA contacted you on my behalf Thursday, September 26, 2002, to advise you of our concerns. She spoke with Joseph in customer service, who stated that the contract was unable to be canceled. My CPA is concerned that StoresOnline, Inc., may have engaged in predatory merchant misrepresentation, and she is further concerned that StoresOnline conducted business in the State of Tennessee without proper licensing from the Tennessee Secretary of State, failed to obtain a transient vendor license to conduct business in Hamilton County, Tennessee, and extended credit under its own name without proper licensing and in violation of Tennessee’s Usury laws.

We have discussed this matter with an attorney specializing in consumer protection and advocacy who advised us to present these issues in a certified letter, giving StoresOnline the opportunity to void the contract and return all monies. Should StoresOnline not wish to resolve this matter fully and in an expeditious manner, we will immediately pursue legal action. Please advise us of your decision within 10 business days of the date of this letter. I look forward to the quick resolution of this matter.

We'd appreciate any advice in handling this dispute, and we are very disturbed about the number of people who are being deceived by these predatory practices.

Margaret.

Thank you for reading this....

When you get a letter from Storesonline and their invitations for you
to come to their meetings... Avoid them.

I'll come back maybe next year, see yall.

The*Empress said:
I am trying to help and save people from scam such as this...

I got their letter and they invited me to lunch yesterday...
and they wanted me to buy this, buy that, buy this, buy that.....
And I am lucky that I didn't bring my checkbook and my credit cards
because they were so tempting...

And I saw other poor people writing writing writing out their checkbooks
and giving them their checks, most of them are OLD PEOPLE!!!!

So I just walked out after eating their cold lunch, taste like airplane
food.... I had cold Chicken sandwich with tomato and lettuce...
and cold potato salad, and cold fruit salad, and a cookie.
It didn't taste like anything, no mayo, no mustard, no salt and pepper shakers provided...

Oh well...
what the scam business?! .. The*Empress, No you genuinely put me through this scam!!.. I forced me out of this scam bag.

You know what? I have a JOB! I am sure you wondering what the postion I work? I work as CAR WASHER TECH...

I guess you already :Owned: by SCAM ARTIST..

Well most people want to make money in a quick way...

I want some money to have surgery on my face, so I can
have a better paying job....

I can't even get a job at KFC, the manager thinks I might scare off
customers....

And I can't even work at the warehouse, because men flirt with
anybody with 2 legs, they said they can put a bag over my head.

The*Empress said:
Well most people want to make money in a quick way...

I want some money to have surgery on my face, so I can
have a better paying job....

I can't even get a job at KFC, the manager thinks I might scare off
customers....

And I can't even work at the warehouse, because men flirt with
anybody with 2 legs, they said they can put a bag over my head.

Something in me doubts that they really said that if they did, i would strongly suggest that you get a lawyer.

The*Empress said:
I don't have money for a lawyer... :dunno:

Okay if it is as you say sincerely what the person said there are legal companies that will help you pro bono, such as the ACLU.

But i dont know that you would be willing to take thier help, they are pro homosexual, and im sure youd just die at the thought of having a lawyer that supports gays.

*eye roll*

Your Mom said:
Okay if it is as you say sincerely what the person said there are legal companies that will help you pro bono, such as the ACLU.

But i dont know that you would be willing to take thier help, they are pro homosexual, and im sure youd just die at the thought of having a lawyer that supports gays.

*eye roll*

well I don't need a lawyer now, because I am not working now, I quit that job, I am on SSI and food stamp.

ACLU, I heard of it before...

No, I would accept lawyer that supports gays,, but if I
hear from other people that said he is bad, don't get that lawyer
because he support gays.
Then I would go along with them because I always listen to
people with negative thoughts.

Just like for example, I saw someone dislike Mariah Carey 2 years ago...
I dislike her too...
And so last year, many people said they like her and buy her album...
so I go along with them... too...

I just like to follow peers, I like to follow other people...

When I supported Mel Gibson's new movie, somebody said, "he made bad comment about jewish people, I won't go to anymore of his movie." And that when I agree and get mad
at Mel Gibson too and I no longer support him...

I don't think for myself... I just go along with majority of people.

The*Empress said:
well I don't need a lawyer now, because I am not working now, I quit that job, I am on SSI and food stamp.

ACLU, I heard of it before...

No, I would accept lawyer that supports gays,, but if I
hear from other people that said he is bad, don't get that lawyer
because he support gays.
Then I would go along with them because I always listen to
people with negative thoughts.

Just like for example, I saw someone dislike Mariah Carey 2 years ago...
I dislike her too...
And so last year, many people said they like her and buy her album...
so I go along with them... too...

I just like to follow peers, I like to follow other people...

When I supported Mel Gibson's new movie, somebody said, "he made bad comment about jewish people, I won't go to anymore of his movie." And that when I agree and get mad
at Mel Gibson too and I no longer support him...

I don't think for myself... I just go along with majority of people.

hahahahah THIS is why I refuse to take you seriously.

come on, im not a total moron, no one is this stupid.

well it is true...

That is how society work nowadays...

Everybody are getting the real cool t-mobile sidekick II or III....
Everybody are like sheeps.... everyone get that because
everybody else has that...

That is why I bought me a Sidekick II, and I don't even use it.

:dunno:

Yeah I am stupid.

The*Empress said:
well it is true...

That is how society work nowadays...

Everybody are getting the real cool t-mobile sidekick II or III....
Everybody are like sheeps.... everyone get that because
everybody else has that...

That is why I bought me a Sidekick II, and I don't even use it.

:dunno:

Yeah I am stupid.

There is no way that you are serious.

Not everyone is getting them, my girlfriend she doesnt want one shes happy with her SK2

I apologize for being rude and calling you stupid but its incredibly silly and a bit moronic to just follow the crowd. Thats why you are so miserable, its not because of gay people or anyone else its because you cant think for your self.

Back