Get my new ears today :D

HOH-ME

Reaction score
Picking up my Naidia Q's this afternoon. I'm hoping they are better for me!

New Ears

Good luck, and I really hope all goes well for you. :lol: Kendi

Ok, I'm really disappointed in these Q's....I was expecting better I guess. Spent almost 2 hours trying to get these adjusted and can't get them where they really work. I need to give it some time but if I have the volume loud enough, it's full of static in the background--which makes it so I can't understand what people are saying. I have the volume turned down on them now and I can understand people better but can't hear other sounds very well--and there is still static.

She played with the compression but taking that down enough cut the sound volume too so even in the quiet booth, it wasn't loud enough to hear well. I can tell that they would be much better for speech recognition if I didn't have the distortion.

She thought maybe we should look into the other super powered Otocons (?) to see if they work better but I'm skeptical. I have the same problem with my 2 year old Starkey's--get them loud enough so I can hear people well enough and EVERYTHING is loud.

Also, I haven't noticed them changing programs at all. Should I notice the sound zoom and whatnot?

U mean the Oticon chillis? I have an Oticon and they work better for me since I needed more power at the sight :3 so that's why I ditched my 2nd aid lol

Something doesn't sound right, you shouldn't be having these types of issues. based on your experience with two major brands, it almost sounds like you don't have a good person who knows how to properly fit you. I have had Phonak and now wear Starkey and I have a severe loss and both were good sound quality and never had the issues you describe. maybe she is suggestion Oticon because she is more familiar with them? I don't think the Oticon will be any more powerful than your phonaks.

Something doesn't sound right, you shouldn't be having these types of issues. based on your experience with two major brands, it almost sounds like you don't have a good person who knows how to properly fit you. I have had Phonak and now wear Starkey and I have a severe loss and both were good sound quality and never had the issues you describe. maybe she is suggestion Oticon because she is more familiar with them? I don't think the Oticon will be any more powerful than your phonaks.

No, I think this person knows what she is talking about and I think they use Phonaks more often. I think it's just the way my ears are, who knows. I've never had a good experience with any of the hearing aids I've had. They have been ok but it seems like other people I know with hearing aids don't seem to have the issues I have. I'm going to try them, see if they settle down after a few days but I don't think they will. I was just at the store and the second I walked in it was instant static-like someone was frying bacon next to my ears the entire time.

I did email her with what's going on so I will see what she says. These were kind of a last ditch effort before moving into CI's. When I did my CI evaluation with her my speech recognition scores went way up--but, in a sound proof room with no other sounds--that's not real life :D.

We are trying to hold of until the new AB implant is approved--which sounds like it could happen this summer.

Well that's good to know that you have someone you trust. I really hope it works out. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

the static is pretty common but turn the volume up or down to stop it, that's what I do when I hear that stuff.

the static is pretty common but turn the volume up or down to stop it, that's what I do when I hear that stuff.

Right, but then I can't understand what people are saying...it's constant in the background when there is any noise and if I turn it down, the static is still there, just softer--but so is everyone's voice.

Right, but then I can't understand what people are saying...it's constant in the background when there is any noise and if I turn it down, the static is still there, just softer--but so is everyone's voice.

for me, I don't actually hear the static when I use the volume to stop it. but if it's still here, let the audi know!

Hope you can get the Naidas working for you.

I've never heard the static or I'm not aware of it.

Isn't the static to do with the very soft sounds G20? A lot of people say the HAs are noisy unless the G20 is adjusted. It's called the TK which I believe is basically the 20db sounds ie G20.

The attachment might help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 11
Here's another one which might help

This might be not what you are talking about but it may help if it is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 20
how it work out? I did tried the nadio q but the sounds produced metalic. I went to siemens nitro sp right now, it working good, it may need some minor adjustments. The last one I would try is oitcon chili.

how it work out? I did tried the nadio q but the sounds produced metalic. I went to siemens nitro sp right now, it working good, it may need some minor adjustments. The last one I would try is oitcon chili.

While there was some improvement in speech, overall they didn't work well for me. I had so much static/background noise that they were just uncomfortable to use if I had them set where I need them to be. If I turned them down to reduce that noise, I couldn't hear people well. I could tell the technology was much improved and that some of the features are fantastic if they would have worked for me, but I just couldn't deal with the constant buzz of noise when they were in. I think for those that can use them they will be wonderful. I'm getting a CI in a few weeks.

Back