Get cash or credit refund?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
There has probably been an occasion or 2 where you paid with credit card and would like a refund. Few examples:

A) You prepay for $40 worth of gas using your credit card. You got only $30 filled up. They will usually give you $10 cash back.

B) You bought a jean for $25 that does not fit you. You used your credit card. You would like a refund. They may tell you that you'll get refund via credit only. No cash. Not store credit, but refund through your credit card.

How do you feel? Do you think that people who pays with credit card should get credited with refund through credit only or should they have option of getting cash or credit?

I'm not sure what to think, but I'm curious what you thought.

You should thank those scammers for set up these kind of policy. It is not store policy, it is actually credit card company's policy.

Buy dollar coins with your credit card and you deposit dollars coins in your bank and make payment from your bank to your credit card. Ta-da!

I brought something with a Kohl credit card and I when to return it and get my money back. I was told I could not do that that it would go back on my card.I told the woman I do not buy that ! Now you have the item I return and my money , I have nothing to show for this and that I shop at their store like once a year! I said I will not leave until I got my money back. I got back my money! I told the woman I did not like the store holding on to my money, I uses the bank for that.

Unless you have an urgent pressing immediate need for the cash, ALWAYS go with refund to credit card. Otherwise you'll also have that much more to be charged interest on. Unless there are credit cards out there that don't charge interest, in which case, sign me up!

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Here is my input on that.... I HATE it !!!!!

I go to HomeDepot and rent a tool, its lets say $20 for 4 hours and $75 deposit.
Ok, Im done in an hour and return it, they take the $20 out of the $75 and refund the $50 back to my card. I need something else but cant buy it because that $50 refunded wont be credited back for a week... pisses me off!!!!! They can take it instantly but take their sweet ass time to get it back to you.
Now I buy something for $20 and a couple days later return it, they give me cash back, because it was already paid to them, they wont put it back on the card that I want it to go back on (same card it was bought with) Nooooooo.... but they will sure take it off that card for you so you are sure to pay some extra interests accured !!!!!
Pay with cash, lose the receipt...only get in store credit ( I can understand that in part ) or pay credit card they can look it up and give you refund either cash or credit, your choice....wtf?
But you return a big ticket item, no receipt... youre gonna wait up to 2 weeks for a refund via credit..... wasn't an issue til people started stealing shit and returning it for cash.

Here is my input on that.... I HATE it !!!!!

I go to HomeDepot and rent a tool, its lets say $20 for 4 hours and $75 deposit.
Ok, Im done in an hour and return it, they take the $20 out of the $75 and refund the $50 back to my card. I need something else but cant buy it because that $50 refunded wont be credited back for a week... pisses me off!!!!! They can take it instantly but take their sweet ass time to get it back to you.
Now I buy something for $20 and a couple days later return it, they give me cash back, because it was already paid to them, they wont put it back on the card that I want it to go back on (same card it was bought with) Nooooooo.... but they will sure take it off that card for you so you are sure to pay some extra interests accured !!!!!
Pay with cash, lose the receipt...only get in store credit ( I can understand that in part ) or pay credit card they can look it up and give you refund either cash or credit, your choice....wtf?
But you return a big ticket item, no receipt... youre gonna wait up to 2 weeks for a refund via credit..... wasn't an issue til people started stealing shit and returning it for cash.
That would really piss me off too and I would not had left until I got my money back. and I always do get it back.

Back