George Carlins dead.

dead money

Reaction score
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs and dirty words, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital on Sunday, a spokesman said. He was 71.

ADVERTISEMENT

Carlin, who had a history of heart and drug-dependency problems, died at Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica about 6 p.m. PDT (9 p.m. EDT) after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains, spokesman Jeff Abraham told Reuters.

Known for his edgy, provocative material, Carlin achieved status as an anti-Establishment icon in the 1970s with stand-up bits full of drug references and a routine called "Seven Words You Can Never Say On Television." A regulatory battle over a radio broadcast of the routine ultimately reached the U.S. Supreme Court.

In the 1978 case, Federal Communications Commission vs. Pacifica Foundation, the top U.S. court ruled that the words cited in Carlin's routine were indecent, and that the government's broadcast regulator could ban them from being aired at times when children might be listening.

Carlin's comedic sensibility often came back to a central theme: humanity is doomed.

"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas," he told Reuters in a 2001 interview.

Carlin, who wrote several books and performed in many television comedy specials, is survived by his wife Sally Wade, and daughter Kelly Carlin McCall.

(Reporting by Dean Goodman and Steve Gorman; Editing by Patricia Zengerle)

All i knew is that Carlin > all. Most people could hit or miss but Carlin would deliver all the time, everytime.

You were a funny motherfucker, man. RIP dude.

I didn't know that he was that old.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Carlins.

Real sad, he'll be missed, though I'll tell you this, that m****rf****r should have been president!

He was "excellent" in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure! My Dad is a great fan of him and I found out last night and told my Dad about it and he is deeply saddened about George's loss

I've seen him in "Jersey's Girl" and "Jay and Silent Bob strike back." He was strange but funny guy. R.I.P.

Real sad, he'll be missed, though I'll tell you this, that m****rf****r should have been president!

LOL! That would have been something!

I didn't care for his later stand up routines (the last one wasn't my cuppa tea), but some of his earlier stand up routines were funny as hell!

RIP

George Carlin will always be remembered

RIP george!

We enjoyed watching him on comdey channels or some of old movies :)

yes he's funny guy. my husband still watches comedy channel I don't have time since I m always working :)

Wendy

LOL! That would have been something!

I didn't care for his later stand up routines (the last one wasn't my cuppa tea), but some of his earlier stand up routines were funny as hell!

RIP

Yeh, I feel the same about the earlier George vs the later George.

RIP

tell me more about him as pic.. give me some links about him.. so i can get idea.. i am not sure about him..

tell me more about him as pic.. give me some links about him.. so i can get idea.. i am not sure about him..

google.com is your better friend. u can type his name in google search box and it wud bring million images of him to you just after you hit "enter". it should take a sec to get there... :)

now yea i see that! i saw him in movie called bill and ted adventure he is good act in that movie..

oh well rest in peace him

my favorite Carlin skit....

this was my fave george skit, or whatever you call it

"Snap, Crackle, Fuck You."

“I had an interesting morning; I got into an argument with my Rice Krispies. I distinctly heard “Snap, crackle, fuck you!” I’m not sure which one of them said it; I was reaching for the artificial sweetener at the time and not looking directly into the bowl. But I heard it and I said, “Well, you can all just sit there in the milk as far as I’m concerned until I find out which one of you said that.” Mass punishment. The idea is to turn them against one another.

Silly me. Big punishment. That’s what Rice Krispies do. Sit in the milk. That’s their job. You’ve seen them. Delicate, beige blisters of air, floating proudly in milk. And you can’t sink them. They refuse to sink. The navy ought to use Rice Krispies in life preservers. That’s where they’re really needed. And do you know how Rice Krispies manage to float for such a long time? By clinging to one another; they buddy up. They gather in little groups of 8, 10, or sometimes 12, but, if you notice, its always an even number. That’s because the electromagnetic polarity of the Krispies attracts them to one another. It binds them in pairs, like subatomic particles. They form little colonies, and you can’t sink them, not even with a spoon. They just come bobbing up over the sides of the spoon, laughing at you and reveling in their buoyancy. Hard to sink.

That’s what the fruit is for. Not for added taste; not for nutrition; it’s for sinking Rice Krispies. Believe me, a good-sized peach, hurled at full force at the bowl from a stepladder, can take out 80 or 90 of the little buggers in one glorious splash. And I have absolutely no mercy. If I’m really pissed, I’ll climb up to the upstairs balcony and drop a watermelon on them. That’ll teach them to sass me at breakfast.”

just so fucking brilliant. RIP.

George Carlins will be missed. He is a very funny guy and we will miss his show that he will no longer perform. Rest in peace. RIP.

Back