george carlin

SilentRider

Reaction score
Netflix is starting to make all of his comedy CC. So I've been watching him and laughing my ass off. I noticed he's very blunt about English language softening the meaning to the point it seems harmless. He hates it and uses real graphics in his English. I feel he would have probably enjoyed a.s.l as it allows true meaning in things expressed.
R.I.P Carlin.

I also love his black humor. I had no idea he was far ahead of the general public in his way of talking and thinking. Am I the only one who watched his videos?

I also love his black humor. I had no idea he was far ahead of the general public in his way of talking and thinking. Am I the only one who watched his videos?

George Carlin rocked I also love Lewis Black, his Red White and Screwed is freaking hysterical. Anddd I have no clue, what so ever, why Deaf people think they have the corner market on being blunt.

Oh George Carlin... I love him, he's hilarious. I just completely forgotten about him until you brought this up! Wow...I'm getting old!!

Oh here's one quote from him:

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!"

(face palmed)

He used to say that on his tombstone, he wanted engraved:

"Gee, he was just here a minute ago."

I was never able to get beyond his gutter mouth. Jerry Seinfield said it best, if you feel you have be vulgar and use profanity to be funny, you're not doing your homework....Neflix needs more Seinfield DVDs.....

Laura

I was never able to get beyond his gutter mouth. Jerry Seinfield said it best, if you feel you have be vulgar and use profanity to be funny, you're not doing your homework....Neflix needs more Seinfield DVDs.....

Laura

George Carlin along with other comedians like Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor were a different group of comedy that involves profanity. They were known & famous for that. It's not for everyone.

I loved George Carlin too. I read some of his books as well.

One example I picked up with the softening of English Lang is back then soldiers came home and some were shell shocked. They got the help needed etc. But then during Vietnam war it changed to post trauma syndrome disorder. Which weakens the meaning and his point was if it was still considered shell shocked they might have gotten the help needed. And in a.s.l. there's no softening of how u sign it. That was the point I was saying he might have enjoyed about asl. But as for cornering blunt nah. Not all deaf are blunt. Just the language I was focusing on.

Laura

He didn't have to use swear words to be funny, his use of them wasn't what was funny. If you took out all his swear words what he said, would still be funny. They're not swear words, they're sentence enhancers ;) seinfeld's just jelly, and not nearly as funny. Maybe he should swear. I saw Sagets shot at stand up, he swore like crazy. He sucked, and it wasn't his use of swear words that made him unfunny. Pryor? Hysterical, Murphy? hysterical.

Saw Carlin in person in Las Vegas. The guy was hilarious. Used to listen to him on tape all the time.

As for foul mouths, I don't think anyone ever topped Redd Foxx

Back