General: Ashes from service members' remains went to landfill

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very disturbing indeed. I think a top to bottom review needs to be done. Clarify who is responsible and identify a clear chain of command so the community can review the process and see that it respect the soldiers and their families.

Panetta is already on it. He'll get results, and in good time. I like that guy.

Some of our local people still do what they can to show respect for the remains of service members.

Legion post lays Marine's abandoned ashes to rest | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

You might like this article. It is about a rifle squad that is an official mourning party for veterans. I recall seeing a televised story about them a couple of years ago on the local station.
Rifle Squad Honors Vets With 57,000 Goodbyes | Fox News

You might like this article. It is about a rifle squad that is an official mourning party for veterans. I recall seeing a televised story about them a couple of years ago on the local station.
Rifle Squad Honors Vets With 57,000 Goodbyes | Fox News
Thank you for sharing such an interesting story. I'm going to pass it on to TCS to read also.

I know how those guys on the teams feel. TCS and I have participated in many funerals for veterans, young and old. There are some funerals where the number of mourners is very small. It's sad. We're honored that we have the privilege to make sure someone honors that vet one last time.

Thank you for sharing such an interesting story. I'm going to pass it on to TCS to read also.

I know how those guys on the teams feel. TCS and I have participated in many funerals for veterans, young and old. There are some funerals where the number of mourners is very small. It's sad. We're honored that we have the privilege to make sure someone honors that vet one last time.

Yes, I was "welling" when I watched them on that TV news report. So very proud of their fellow veterans.

Very disturbing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back