Gay Street

Sabby and WB, ever been to NoHo in Western MA? I LOVE NoHo (but of course stereotypically I WOULD! :)

deafdyke said:
Sabby and WB, ever been to NoHo in Western MA? I LOVE NoHo (but of course stereotypically I WOULD! :)

NoHo ? No i haven't heard of it.

Wendy

WBHarley said:
NoHo ? No i haven't heard of it.

Wendy

I never heard of this place before. I do not go to adult store anymore. I did not want to waste my money. My finger will save me alot of buckets. :D

alot of buckets? u mean alot of BUCKS LOL! :) ME im going over to ohau i ll have to find the street where it is i heard NOT SURE maybe liza can help me with this, the location of the gay and lesbain is near ALI MONA Park and in wakikiki :)

javapride said:
alot of buckets? u mean alot of BUCKS LOL! :) ME im going over to ohau i ll have to find the street where it is i heard NOT SURE maybe liza can help me with this, the location of the gay and lesbain is near ALI MONA Park and in wakikiki :)

Java

yes You are correct. I typed very fast without think. Thanks for correct my speller. ;)

I am damn tired.. got up at 4 am work two jobs... crazy schedule for me !!

Hope, you are doing GREAT !! I must admit that I am envy you because you resident in beautiful State of Hawaii. :mad:

pffttttttttttttt

Sabrina

Not sure if you meant the street name "Gay St." or the name of a big gay village?
Anyway, on the topic of gay villages:

Do you mean "Church Street" in Toronto, Ontario?
Or perhaps you meant "Ste Catherine" St in Montreal, Ontario?

These are much longer than Davie Street in Vancouver. (I think something like 10 blocks, versus 3 blocks)

As for Church Street in TO, that's where they do the filming of the street/bar scene in "Queer As Folk". They actually film the Woody's in "Queer As Folk" at the real Woody's there. Although the Babylon is a different bar (they put up a substitute neon sign during filming). Yeah, they film it there in Canada even though "Queer as Folk" is made by a USA company.

The two places, "Church Street" (Toronto) and "Ste Catherine" (Montreal) are very big gay scenes in North America, bigger than nearly all USA cities and many people think the Toronto-Montreal gay scene is nowadays bigger than San Francisco. (Although some debate that!). Heard to the tune of something like 330,000 gays living in Toronto.

People have their own particular prefrences to what their favourite gay village is, but I think Montreal has a lot of nods, at least locally.

Seeing that you are a dyke, there is a big dyke bar on the second floor of "Le Drugstore" in Montreal. Happend to pass by there during the Pride festival.

Last edited:
One of the gay streets in Canada, located in Toronto, Ontario the street in Church street. it's downtown and you can't miss me.
Toronto also has one of the world's biggest gay pride events at the end of June.

Tsk tsk still no pictures...I still have my picture but my software is broken :( I will have to download from my friend's computer....but the prob is there is some pics i dont want my friend to see

Babyphat,

Mostly different location in Toronto downtown where Gay on the street.. Depend Events where you want go..

Sherbourne Street (south) heading to King Street ( I think)
Bloor Street between to Dundas Street somewhere there have Gay on the Street too..

Too many Gay Street all over the street in Toronto Downtown (Depend where).. I can ask my mom , She is Gay.. So She can give me information about it.. She live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. If you wish information ?? Let me know..

You can find gay get together events on Gilmour Street that crosses Bank Street in Ottawa, Ontario. There are several gay bars on Bank Street near Gilmour Street and every Sunday afternoon the gays and lesbians tend to go to a restaurant for get-together event, What a crowd! FYI: Bank Street is considered Ottawa's busiest and majorest street.

Also there are couple of gay sex stores on Bank Street. My sweetie Freaky and I went to one of those stores and it was interesting eh. The store got a neat and catchy name and I think it is One Up or something like that. Freaky might remember it so she will help me.

Mind you, I am straight as an arrow, but I strongly support gay and lesbian rights. I have a few good friends who are gay and occassionally we hug each other. One of them is very active in the deaf and hearing gay and lesbian community in Ontario.

Anyways, I am here to provide some information about the Ottawa gay community in case you might want to visit there. :D

Been to Davie Street in Vancouver but it's alright. I much prefer Granville and Robsons. Vancouver as a whole is very gay-friendly in my experience.

In seattle we have Broadway on Cap Hil which is cool.

Christopher St. in NYC was a blast as I was there for Pride weekend one year in 2000 I think.

Fun Fun Fun.

I'll have to check out Toronto again soon. I was too young or in the closet at the time I was up in Toronto.

Back