Gay Street

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
I heard there is a gay street in canada, I remember reading it in the magazine and thinking cool - since I am up in canada, where is the street?????

I know there is a Gay Street in Greenwich Village in New York City, near the Stonewall Inn. I don't know about the one in Canada though...

ur best bet of asking abt the gay street in canda would be Freaky as she lives there i belive near BC so u can ask her.......

Downtown Knoxville has a Gay Street!

This is Knoxville's Gay Street during the late '50s.

KNOX4.jpg

50 years later, Gay Street looks almost the same, but it's now mostly brick pavement. It is Downtown Knoxville's main street.

Wow Sable! and The infamous street in San Fransiciso California, is Castro Street and market within understanding just follow the rainbow flags! if ur coming from divesadro street u ll see the flags JUST as u get to market street, but if ur coming from hwy 101 u ll see the Flag on top of the dome in SF, near castro street, And if ur coming from market like i said follow the rainbow flags :) heheh

javapride said:
Wow Sable! and The infamous street in San Fransiciso California, is Castro Street and market within understanding just follow the rainbow flags! if ur coming from divesadro street u ll see the flags JUST as u get to market street, but if ur coming from hwy 101 u ll see the Flag on top of the dome in SF, near castro street, And if ur coming from market like i said follow the rainbow flags :) heheh

Yeah I heard about that from a friend who used to live near to Castro Street a long time.

kuifje75 said:
I know there is a Gay Street in Greenwich Village in New York City, near the Stonewall Inn. I don't know about the one in Canada though...

Yes, it's Christopher Street! I love it there, its one of these coolest hang-out streets in downtown. :thumb:

How about Cedar Springs in Dallas, Texas?? I been there and there is other street but I rarely go there is Market Rd. Here in St Louis, there is different streets, I had to named it in the list. Mostly I would say Central West or Forset Park. :D

In Denver area, Either Colfax Ave and Boardway Ave.

in DC its Connecticut Avenue in the Dupont Circle district and in MD its in Takoma Park i not remmy which street sowwy folks LOL

MizzDeaf grrlie!!!! ive been to Cedar Springs in Dallas -- found it interesting! :thumb:

in Cape Cod, Ma...

Providetown, Ma.. the name of street is Commerical. ( 1 way st )
My dad and I went there to installed a rug few years ago.. and few years before that my friend came down from Ill. she was "curious" what it looks like on cape so We all end up in PTown (that's what we usually called it PTown) and walked down the street it was soo interesting to browse all stores and the people so friendly too :)

Wendy

WBHarley said:
in Cape Cod, Ma...

Providetown, Ma.. the name of street is Commerical. ( 1 way st )
My dad and I went there to installed a rug few years ago.. and few years before that my friend came down from Ill. she was "curious" what it looks like on cape so We all end up in PTown (that's what we usually called it PTown) and walked down the street it was soo interesting to browse all stores and the people so friendly too :)

Wendy

Went to adult store, I forgot the name of that store but it is very popular for the tourist to visit there. It is very hard to decide to pick out the diololi (spell). I do not know which right size for me. :lol:

Sabrina

Sabrina said:
Went to adult store, I forgot the name of that store but it is very popular for the tourist to visit there. It is very hard to decide to pick out the diololi (spell). I do not know which right size for me. :lol:

Sabrina

LOL yea they do have that in there too lmao...

I never been to PTowns on commerical st so first time it was in 1992 i was like wow that's what ptown is all about.. interesting.... but glad I got some experiences :)

I would go there again since so many things that you could get not only the adult store LOL

Wendy

e said:
Yes, it's Christopher Street! I love it there, its one of these coolest hang-out streets in downtown. :thumb:

No no, There is a Gay Street too. Christopher Street touches Gay Street too, just east of 7th Avenue, I believe.

gaystreet.bmp

Last edited by a moderator:
javapride said:
the correct spelling is didlo :) ( just thought i would help out here )

Huh?? why Didlo?? Did I missed something about it?? Help me out :ugh:

MizzDeaf said:
Huh?? why Didlo?? Did I missed something about it?? Help me out :ugh:

MizzDeaf -- she was helping out Sabrina on the correct spelling of "dildo" LOL

And the "gay district" of Salt Lake City would be Sugarhouse District, its really nice there!

Gay streets in Las Vegas are Paraside Rd near Tropicana. You will see Gipsy's bar on Paraside Rd, across Buffalo and Freezone bars.

Gay streets in Lakewood, Ohio must be Detroit Ave area, E. 9th, or Lorain Ave. I am not sure cuz I did not checked them out.. my bad!! I will find out when I go back to Cleveland and explore those streets.

its called "Davie" street I took pics - will post it soon. please post pictures of your local Gay street or any that you have visited

Back