Gay Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bible said "his wife" (See Genesis 2:25 KJV). Look at this verse. The word, "wife" means a married woman according to a dictionary. Therefore God created the marriage for male and female only.

But the word 'married' isn't mentioned....

Moderators,

Please close this thread since the religious right ( :crazy: ) has hi-jacked the topic with unnecessary babble...

Thanks, :ty:

The author of this thread.

So it's wrong for me to defend what I think is right?

No, but I think it's matter of opinion and what is right for you isn't necessairly right for them.

I think we need to remember that passions do fly in these forums....

Myself, I don't have an issue with a person quoting the Bible. Does it mean it's right or wrong? No. It's neither because that is your belief and such.

My belief is different than yours, vice versa, and who says it's the right belief?

We will never know until the end..... :)

No, but I think it's matter of opinion and what is right for you isn't necessairly right for them.

I think we need to remember that as sometimes passions do fly in these forums....

Myself, I don't have an issue with a person quoting the Bible. Does it mean it's right or wrong? No. It's neither because that is your belief and such.

My belief is different than yours, vice versa, and who says it's the right belief?

We will never know until the end..... :)

That I agree with. We all will find out the truth when we die or when last day arrives.

Well the marriage has nothing to do with the religion because there is many different religion that marry, not only Christians, also even the marriage has nothing to do with the children.

Also, yes they can produce the children if you count whole of GLBT (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender), the married gay guys can ask the married lesbian women to have the children together. That is what my friend do recently. Also the GLBT people can be very useful for adoption children who are waiting for a new good home and good parents.

You are correct in saying that marriage has nothing to do with religion.
Marriage is a legal contract with the state.
If we use the Bible for a source to argue beliefs then we would be
correct in saying God established the physical union of a man and
a woman. The Bible also implies life long commitment. "cleave"
"and the two shall become one". So that precludes same sex
unions. According to the Bible. There are many references in the
Bible however that would indicate this might not apply to cultures
other than Judeao/Christian ones. (I am alone in my ideas on this in my own denomination) The Ten Comandments (weather you are Christian are not)
are good to live by. Every thing else becomes politics. The real question is
shall we allow the government to legislate our belief systems? So making laws
about this issue, pro or con only gives the government more power and
you already know my position on that!

other than Judeao/Christian ones. (I am alone in my ideas on this in my own denomination) The Ten Comandments (weather you are Christian are not)
shall we allow the government to legislate our belief systems?
So making laws about this issue, pro or con only gives the government more power and you already know my position on that!

No, as I believe that the individual religions we have can decide for themselves to accept homosexual marriages or not.

Thats exactly my point. Where does it end. Insurance benifits for same sex marriage partners? Thats insane. Heck no. Next you'll be saying that companies should offer it to domestic partners in states that don't allow same sex marriages. You'll have roommates (straight people) saying they're gay just to get benifits and tax breaks.

Why should we deny insurance benefits to same sex partners? What exactly is the drawback? And it would not be offered to people living as roomates, but to those partners who have a recognized legal union. How is a company offereing insurance benefits to same sex partners going to interfere with your life? And no one in their right mind would claim to be gay if they aren't just to get insurance benefits. Please! People don't make a choice to be a part of a minority that is as opperessed, as misunderstood, and as discriminated against as homosexuals for something such as benefits or tax breaks. To make a statement like that is insane, not the providing of insurance benefits to same sex couples.

the bible said a lot of stuff, and a lot of stuff isn't true. human can't walk on water. the red sea was never parted. there is no historical proof of the great flood. give me a break bible knocker.

How do you know what's not true and what is true if you haven't experienced it. I think you need to learn to listen instead of running your mouth when you can't back your claim up with proof.

Cris Angel walked on the water, did you know that? He is still a human. Then it is proof that Jesus walked on the water.

Cris Angel is a magician. It was a trick. And a magician's trick is proof of nothing except that some people will believe anything.

shall we allow the government to legislate our belief systems? So making laws
about this issue, pro or con only gives the government more power and
you already know my position on that!

And same sex couples don't become one during intercourse? And that "and the two shall become one is in reference to a spiritual joining.

:roll:

Separation of Church & State.

We are talking about Gay marriage in terms of the State.

The Church has always had issues. Some churches accept gay marriages, some don't. That is their right, not yours, not mine.

Give it a rest with the biblical lecture......

Question: is this a hot topic for you because of the term, 'marriage'? Or would you prefer to give the gay/lesbians the same rights as married couples if the terminology/wording was different?

Right. We are discussing legal unions, not religious ones. And a religious union does not stand on its own. It too must be sanctioned by the state in order to be recognized as a "marraige". For those who wish to engage in a legal union, why should we prevent it, based on legal principles? You cannot use religious arguments to counter a civil arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back