Gator Sighting

Nancy

Reaction score
Earlier today, we saw a gator on our dock's walkway, sun-tanning
himself. I went ahead and took my zoom camera to take this photo of
him. He's gone in the lake now, so I don't know when I will get to see
him next time. Enjoy the photo of the gator.

Nancy

gator.jpg

Keep a .308 bolt action rilfe close by or your trusty .12 gauge shotgun close by or a .357 magnum revolver close by and 911 ph. nbr close by, as well as wildlife ph. nbr close by. Nice gator but too close to my house for my own good. The rule of the thumb is that no gators should be seen on your property or near your house or if you have water near your house then they should not be around there. Nice picture you have there. Good snapshot. :) :thumb:

oh please heath.. don't ruinned Nancy's thread.. talk about gun.. you way off the topic.

Nancy, on your dock.. Sound alike Gator is freed swarm roam every where.. If suppose you're in the swimming.. Gator might get eat human?
*curiouis*

GalaxyAngel said:
oh please heath.. don't ruinned Nancy's thread.. talk about gun.. you way off the topic.

Nancy, on your dock.. Sound alike Gator is freed swarm roam every where.. If suppose you're in the swimming.. Gator might get eat human?
*curiouis*

I am not off topic. Gators are a daily reality and a fact of life in Florida. I am just giving Nancy very safe and sound advice. The rule of the thumb is no gator on her property or near her house and to have a gun close by and know 911 also I forgot to add that if there is one alligator or one crococile around, Always work with the assumpation that there are one or more gators around, what if a gator colony decided to move onto her property. Have to think about that and prevent that. It was nice to take pictures of gators close by but the gators really should not be on anybody's property or near her house. When I lived in Florida, I use to read about people, children and the family dog being eaten all the time by gators, that is why it is important to have a gun on you or a gun in the house close by for life saving measure. Good picture of a gator that she can talk about about 15 - 20 years down the road and remember the good event of that day seeing the gator, the excitiment, the anticipation, how awesome it was to take a snapshot and pictures to keep but I also have Nancy's safety in mind too.

What I did was used a 10x zoom camera of mine, stood on the porch's deck, zoomed in on the gator with my camera (the lake is next door to us, but the dock and walkway is not on shore of our backyard, but close to it).

I have seen other gators (2 of them at different times) directly on our shore of our backyard and we do stay far away from them. This gator is the first to lay on our walkway of our dock.

We and other people do go on boats to fish and to have fun (even waterski) on the lake -- and yes, there were gators there....but we wouldn't swim in the lake though.

In FL, it is illegal to shoot them -- if they bother you, just call the wildlife trappers, that's all you can do. :)

Nancy said:
What I did was used a 10x zoom camera of mine, stood on the porch's deck, zoomed in on the gator with my camera (the lake is next door to us, but the dock and walkway is not on shore of our backyard, but close to it).

I have seen other gators (2 of them at different times) directly on our shore of our backyard and we do stay far away from them. This gator is the first to lay on our walkway of our dock.

We and other people do go on boats to fish and to have fun (even waterski) on the lake -- and yes, there were gators there....but we wouldn't swim in the lake though.

In FL, it is illegal to shoot them -- if they bother you, just call the wildlife trappers, that's all you can do. :)

Yes, it is illegal to shoot them in FL. but you are allowed to shoot them in self defense if the gators threaten the safety of your kids or you then ok go ahead but most of the time call the wildlife people to come over. Just like in Pennsylvania, the bears are a real problem and if I see a bear and it is not directly threatening me then I have time to call wildlife then ok but if the bear is charging me then I go to my handgun right between the bear's head near the eyes but in the head. I hope I never have to do that and prefer to bag a bear during bear hunting season. It would be nice to hunt for gators but that is more dangerous than hunting for bears as gators are much more un-predictable. :) :thumb:

Nancy said:

Yeah. I wouldn't shoot them. I just would stay away from them and call the wildlife trappers or animal control and let them take care of it. I love animals so I would hate to hurt or kill them just cause they are laying out there in the sun. I just would keep a safe distance from them and call wildlife trappers or animal control.

Nancy, it is a great picture that you took! I remember you have the same kind of camera as I do. Still love that camera! :)

OMG.. its sooo beautiful picture taken..
I love to take pictures.. its soo .. mother nature..

beside that unsafe to be around gators.. :/

Back