Gas

kuifje75 said:
Actually there are cars on today's market that run on batteries, or hybrid cars which run on both gas and batteries. Haven't you heard of electric cars? Of course, you have to keep the cars plugged in for power, which is why I prefer hybrid versions of cars. The batteries keep getting re-powered by itself on its own. One hybrid car can go about 700 miles on a full tank.

With such cars on the market, you would think that the government is pushing for the car industry to convert to these. Of course, the government would never dream of forcing people to switch to electric or hybrid cars, because it would mean cutting profits for gas/oil industries. The gas/oil industries have quite too powerful lobbying groups in Washington.
but the federal government offer people tax credits if they bought a hybrid car.

wrong! no its tax credit, not bracket. Hybrid cars tax credit is smaller than other type of fuels

DeafSCUBA98 said:
but the government offer people lower tax bracket if they bought a hybrid car.

Have you ever heard about the Bio-powered car. I really like that kind thing. It is like anything that is liquid that you can explosion and pour in the gas tank and it will run. For example you can use the french fries' greese into the engine and it will run excatly same as gas' performance. Interesting!? I heard about that on the History Channel and it was amazing to learn about it.

Yeah Bullymom. History Channel is like my other classroom where I learn and enjoy at same time. I never got bored with the History Channel. I believe the History Channel is my most favorite channel and mostly of my time watching TV is the History Channel. Secondly is the SPEED Channel if it runs without the NASCAR on it. I really dislike NASCAR racing. Anyway now you know where I am coming from.

Crazymanw00t said:
Have you ever heard about the Bio-powered car. I really like that kind thing. It is like anything that is liquid that you can explosion and pour in the gas tank and it will run. For example you can use the french fries' greese into the engine and it will run excatly same as gas' performance. Interesting!? I heard about that on the History Channel and it was amazing to learn about it.

Yeah Bullymom. History Channel is like my other classroom where I learn and enjoy at same time. I never got bored with the History Channel. I believe the History Channel is my most favorite channel and mostly of my time watching TV is the History Channel. Secondly is the SPEED Channel if it runs without the NASCAR on it. I really dislike NASCAR racing. Anyway now you know where I am coming from.
yeah i heard about this... using old cooking oil from a restruant.. and most people get those for free because restruant owners don't want to pay a disposal fee for throwing used cooking oils.

i think that's nice tool.. however u have to buy special stuff for ur car/truck.. (i heard its only good for diseal engines)

have any of you heard of E-85 fuel.. its based on corn?

DeafSCUBA98 said:
yeah i heard about this... using old cooking oil from a restruant.. and most people get those for free because restruant owners don't want to pay a disposal fee for throwing used cooking oils.

i think that's nice tool.. however u have to buy special stuff for ur car/truck.. (i heard its only good for diseal engines)

have any of you heard of E-85 fuel.. its based on corn?

Yes that what I was talking about.

Sorry I don't know about E-85. I just learned it from the History Channel and I didn't go deep researching on that area because I have too many things to learn.

Bio-diesel do exist around. It started in lake George, NY where guy decided to use the used french fries oil from McDonalds in his VW rabbit diesel. He had modified the gas line to filter and trap extra moisture. There are other factors that actually shorten the life of engine. He said that moisture is number one problem. He even said that his exhaust system smelled just like french fries!

Anyone can throw in clean and used veg oil in diesel as emergency (Run out of diesel). But they do need to filter them out first. Also, can use kerosene or heating oil. I have done with heating oil because it is cheaper and it don't contain highway taxes. There is no physical difference between heating oil/kerosene and Diesel. Kerosene has scent added. Diesel has highway taxes in it.

NEVER attempt these with gasoline. It has alot to do with carburator and compression requirement. Diesel can and will ruin gasoline engine.

Cost justified? He said so so. But friendly with environment yes. I also found out that now there is company that do recycle used veg oil and reuse it as veg oil again! All they did was to filter out and clean out the foreign matters. Then sell back to those who need deep fry oil.

Yea, FYI Hybrid is not any better than gasoline engine if going on highway! Hybrid is excellent for around city driving because of stop and go which waste alot of gas. On Hybrid when braking, this braking process actually generate electricity to get that energy back in battery and reuse it when accelerate. Then at red light gas engine keeps running to recharge the battery automatically. When the battery is full, gas engine shuts off. That is the idea of Hybrid. But for highway driving, gasoline engine tend to lower its horses, thus require less gas to drink. That is why you often notice better mileage on highway than in city.

My concern about this hybrid is battery, they can be VERY expensive to replace and they don't live more than 5 years, very rare longer than that. And the cost of repair, justificable with gas savings?

Bullym0m said:
Crazym00t.. made me lauff'n every minutes.. you must be watching t.v. history channel too much!...

In my mind, wishes that production would be great making "oc2 or water" as condiser for fuel instead of gas.. Expense lot of money..

Battery needs re-charging...up to 8 hours.. then travelling 700 miles.. then staying motel to plug it fill up another one.. Too much hassle TOTALLY wasting time..

Want stay contuine driving travelling more than 1k miles instead of 700 miles.. (hmmmmmm) For example... East Coast to West Coast as dead end.. will meet your hybird car may fill up the battery as re-charging.. 700 miles.. might be about 1 week to meet dead ends. (hmmmmmmmm)
Dissuss ?

I think the best fuel to run is Natural gas! Why?

#1, they are the cleanest fossil fuel
#2 they are domestic, most natural gas is found in North America
#3 because of the cleanest fuel, they don't get engine dirty like gas.
#4 Because of #3, it ended up requires much less maintenace, and motor last much longer
#5 Natural gas don't pollute with poisonous gases in the air like other energy.

1st biggest problem is, when it comes to accident. It would have impact on size of Ka-boom!

2nd biggest problem is availablity at gas statiuon. Not many offers LNG

So, if given chance I would buy NG SUV? The answer is YES I will grab it cuz there is LNG refueling station not far from where I live and work!

*NG means Natural Gas, and LNG means Liquidifed Natural Gas. Both just same thing, but LNG is compressed into liquid, and will expand back to gas.

One of my friend own Toyota Prius. He said he love it and save lots of gas in city but not the highway. One problem is the car need more horsepower and sometime he had proplem to go uphill and wish there is more room.

Hybrid Compact SUV already made by Ford Escape.

I know GM planning to have Hybrid Chevy Silverton and GMC Sierra. Also I think GM will have Hybrid midsize and Large SUV like Trailblazer, Tahoe, and etc. I hope it will save little bit more gas than regular V8 gas mileage. I think they said it will save 1% per mileage. I might be wrong.

See this is why we need to cut off oil from the middle east and build hybrid electric cars so we can nuke the hell outta the middle east and forget the oil.

ravensteve1961 said:
See this is why we need to cut off oil from the middle east and build hybrid electric cars so we can nuke the hell outta the middle east and forget the oil.

:gives: with your opinion. They build hybrid or electric so we wont get any dirty air!!! DUMB :booty:!
It not because of middle east and stop blaming on other countries!!! It just something wrong with their brains!!

ravensteve1961 said:

Steve, you should do some research on who we get the most oil from.

Hint: It's not the middle east.

Pvt. Parts said:
Steve, you should do some research on who we get the most oil from.

Hint: It's not the middle east.

LOL, I planned to say this but you got it in time.

BTW is that you in the avator pic?

This will be a major mistake!!! Where do you think majority of asphalt blacktop road comes from? O I L!!! Without oil, we won't have blacktop at all! Concrete is at least ten times more expensive than blacktop. We get about 20% from oil to turn into gasoline. The rest goes something else like road, plastics, etc. So, what else can we replace them???

There is NO SUCH THING AS EASY SOLUTION, you dipwit!

ravensteve1961 said:

Gas price have almost nothing to do with Iraq war!!!
If it is really Iraq war related, then our gas price, aspalt road, roofing for most of home cost will have been skyrocketed and out of control few years ago! Whats more, the cost of these oil stuff is already below the adjusted inflation rate. The year when the oil was the most expensive was in 1981, per inflation index!!! Meaning in 1981 we paid more for oil that time from the income than today!

Its sad most people blamed everything on Iraq for the oil prices. To me, we are NOT in trouble, nor in serious crisis compared to 1973.

HiBluE01 said:
Go up the gases because of Iraq war.

I agreed with you about RS, BUT Hybrid or electric cars won't keep air clean! You just forgot there are other dangers related to batteries! To recharge in 100% electric cars have to come from power plant, and they pollute the air BIG TIME! Plus the efficency rate for electric recharging is less than 20% from the orignal fuel energy. What I mean is that when you burn the coal, the burnt coal can convert about 60% of its own energy into steam, the rest goes into air. Then the steam energy that turns the turpine which in turn gives out about 80% efficency rate, that is because there is friction which waste the steam energy, then again it becomes electricity, we need to kick the voltage to much higher rate to reduce the loss of energy over long distance transmission. The loss is around 10%, and then it got your place and you recharging your electric car, it only gives you about 75% of that amount energy that you could use, the rest of it just waste. So, is this sensible? NO!

After 5 years the battery gets dead, no matter if used alot or not. WHere can you put these acid in? The acid can mess up the air big time.

I wish environmentist STFU, and let the engineering do their work. The Environmentist have NO clue to how the energy is transformed. The reason is because Environmentist made the US gov't passed the law about 10 years ago requires MTBE to be added in gasoline. Sure it helps reduce pollutant into air, but now gov't just discovered that there is even deadlier consequence with MTBE. Know what is consequence? It is even deadlier than leaded addictive and it causes cancers!!! Now Gov't forced oil companies to stop adding MTBE, and clean it up. This is costing oil company BIG TIME, and gov't had to clean up the mess, and it is costing us more money already.

So, my point here is that there is NO magic answer yet! Nothing is 100% foolproof.

bluegecko474 said:
:gives: with your opinion. They build hybrid or electric so we wont get any dirty air!!! DUMB :booty:!
It not because of middle east and stop blaming on other countries!!! It just something wrong with their brains!!

I agree with biker65. Hybrid or eletric are won't keep air clean. I was trying to explain to RS about it because "THEY" said it will keep less dirty air and etc. But I still disagree what "THEY" said.

diehardbiker65 said:
Gas price have almost nothing to do with Iraq war!!!
If it is really Iraq war related, then our gas price, aspalt road, roofing for most of home cost will have been skyrocketed and out of control few years ago! Whats more, the cost of these oil stuff is already below the adjusted inflation rate. The year when the oil was the most expensive was in 1981, per inflation index!!! Meaning in 1981 we paid more for oil that time from the income than today!

Its sad most people blamed everything on Iraq for the oil prices. To me, we are NOT in trouble, nor in serious crisis compared to 1973.
OH YES THEY DO!!!! SAUDIS ARE HOLDING A GRUNGE AGAINST AMERICA BY RAISING OIL PRICES! CAUSE OUR SOLDIERS ARE ON ARABIC LAND!

Back